MK Plans- What would you skip?

Drop the late dinner. No kids wants to eat then. If they have any energy left then u should just enjoy the night and get a snack, no full dinner at 9.

Bbb is fun for a princess if your day revolves around that, not cramming it in just to fit it.

Rides... pick a few, queue those up, and fit in the little ones around them. Planning that many in such detail is crazy.

Sit down meals will take 60-90 not 45.

Really as someone else said, just peg a few things in each land, then play it by ear. In all likelihood you will get caught up doing something else fun and it'll be a chore to stick to such a rigorous schedule.

Drop the late dinner. No kids wants to eat then. If they have any energy left then u should just enjoy the night and get a snack, no full dinner at 9.

Bbb is fun for a princess if your day revolves around that, not cramming it in just to fit it.

Rides... pick a few, queue those up, and fit in the little ones around them. Planning that many in such detail is crazy.

Sit down meals will take 60-90 not 45.

Really as someone else said, just peg a few things in each land, then play it by ear. In all likelihood you will get caught up doing something else fun and it'll be a chore to stick to such a rigorous schedule.

Dropping the late dinner is really good advice. Getting to a park for breakfast at 8:05AM means you are up by probably 6:30AM at the latest then spending the entire day at the park and sitting down for dinner at 9PM is asking for a lot of patience from everyone in the group. It is a vacation, and you probably are going to miss some things you want to do, so focus on the key things and don't end up with exhausted, grumpy family.

Thanks for all the advice! I did forget to mention that this is day 2. I am still working in Day 1 as well!

Agreed with everyone above. Since this is your last day, everyone is going to be wiped out, and going from before park opening to close to park close is going to be tough, especially on kids. I also wouldn't do BOG lunch and dinner the same day--perhaps do the lunch a different day.

Also, I want to correct something that is frequently misstated. BOG lunch FP+ are NOT difficult to obtain AT ALL (as long as you stay on property, obviously). You do not have to wait for the email to begin checking when you are available to book; this is around 27 days from the day you wish to eat there. People think there's limited availability because the website states there is no availability until that magic day around 27 days out opens. Also, only two times come up initially when you pick a day, but you can refresh an infinite amount of times and every time period will come up. We've eaten lunch there 4+ times using FP+, and only one was booked more than a day in advance.

The BOG FP+ also does not count against your initial allotment of 3 FP+ (they are not connected in any way), so there's really no reason not to book it if you think you would like to eat there. But as I and everyone else said, I would not recommend eating there twice in the same day.

It seems like you've got some good advice!

I'm not a regular Disney visitor, but we did go most recently in May 2013. The one thing I remember was being shocked at how much we got accomplished in Fantasyland first thing in the morning. We were able to do Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, It's a Small World, Dumbo, Character M&Gs (Goofy, Donald, Daisy) and Haunted Mansion all within a couple hours. This was before FP+ and 7DMT. I just remember being very surprised at how much we were able to accomplish in such a short time period. We may have done more, I just can't exactly remember now.

That being said, I would start at least one of your days there and bang out a lot of this rides without FPs. Fantasyland may be busier earlier now with 7DMT, but the other rides may not get busy until that initial rush is over. If you stared your first MK day there, you may free up a lot of time for your second day. You could then save some of your FPs for popular attractions elsewhere in the park for the afternoon when it is busier. Just an idea!

A few observations/comments:

Here's my take on Touring Plans. TP worked really, really well for us before the introduction of FP+. They had it down to a science, and their time estimations were pretty accurate (assuming that everyone is able to keep up the pace). However, when we went to WDW in October 2014, the Touring Plans schedule was way off. Parks were far more crowded than predicted and wait times far longer. We abandoned the plans altogether, instead touring around our FP+ times. I think that FP+ has created standby lines EVERYWHERE, even on attractions that used to be basic walk-ons, and the TP database just didn't have enough info to make accurate predictions at that time. It's probably changed somewhat by now- YMMV- but I think this is an incredibly overly-ambitious schedule they've give you!

Also… does anyone in your family get motion sick? If so, skip AstroOrbiter and the Tea Cups. EVERYONE in our family got motion sick on AstroOrbiter, even those who normally aren't affected by motion- including my ex-BIL who is a flight attendant! Just something to consider. (I, personally, also avoid Barnstormer, and discovered that the end of 7DMT pushed me over the edge- but definitely don't skip 7DMT!).

Let me chime in with everyone who is saying "too much!" Also, you are skipping some of the very best (IMO) attractions in FantasyLand! I'd skip Carousel of Progress, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, AstroOrbiter, Tea Cups, and the Speedway in favor of Mickey's Philharmagic, Peter Pan, and It's a Small World. As far as TTA goes, don't schedule it. It's one of my very favorite things to do at WDW, but it loads continuously and there's rarely a waiting line. Wait to do TTA when everyone's tired and needs the break.

Even if you are staying at a monorail resort, 2 hours isn't enough time to leave a park, get to your hotel, take a break, and return to the park. Plan 3 hours, minimum, if you are going to actually take a break!

Do your kids REALLY want to do BBB? It's expensive and takes a ton of time out of your day for a hairdo and a dress. If you are worried about them being the only ones without this at the M&G or dinner, don't. Most princesses don't go to BBB (or even dress up) and they get just as much attention from and time with the real Princesses as the girls who are all dolled up from BBB.

SO… here's what I'd try to plan for:
CP breakfast- one of our favorites and a great way to meet the Pooh Guys all at once. Allow at least an hour, if not 90 minutes.

BOG- We have done dinner once and lunch twice. Hold on to the dinner ADR, but really really really try to get a FP+ for lunch INSTEAD. Dinner at BOG is slow, the food is somewhat heavy, and at 9pm everyone is going to be too tired to enjoy it (and you'll definitely miss Wishes).

In FantasyLand (in no order): Peter Pan, Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic, 7 Dwarves Mine Train (FP+), Dumbo, Enchanted Tales with Belle (FP+), Anna/Elsa M&G (FP+).

In TomorrowLand: Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear

Also: Wishes, MSEP, whatever show is at the Forecastle Courtyard (or whatever it is that they call the front of the castle now). In October, there was a light display projected directly ON the castle, just before Wishes. It was pretty cool- if they are doing this, I'd try for a BOG lunch FP+ so as to not miss the evening show before Wishes.

IF THERE"S TIME add in other M&G, TTA, Little Mermaid ride, Laugh Floor, Incredibles Party, Barnstormer (if you can tolerate a loooong wait for a 60 second ride).

SO… remember that you'll have a wonderful trip regardless of what you do, see, and visit, as long as you pay attention to your kids' (and your) energy levels! Once one person is too tired to be in the park, everyone will stop having fun- BTDT!!

We've done the 8:05 reservation at CP many times (5+) and have never had any issues being done by 9am. We've been able to see all the characters too! No rushing either :) we love early morning breakfast at CP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter