MK photoshoot - opinions please!

lt90

Mouseketeer
Were still weighing up the idea of disney wedding verus wedding at the swan and the main thing thats stopping us deciding is the MK shoot! We cant decide whether we would regret not doing it in years to come especially considering were travelling from the UK. Having a swan wedding would save us a lot of money that we could then use to make our honeymoon even more special but we just cant decide!!
Did you have a MK shoot? Was it worth it? Did it help 'make' your wedding? If you didnt have it do you regret it?
Thanks

You know sweetie, I am very biased as we had our VR at the Swan in May and it was perfect for us!!
EVen before all the recent doubts and complaints about the MK shoot, this was never something I was prepared to throw that amount of money at!!! When we were considering doing an Escape through DFTW, it was still never a consideration. Yes, I would like to have one or two good shots in front of the castle or on the carousel (and IMHO, that's what it boils down to), but the price they charge for this is was just too rich for my taste!!
I considered having a session in another park, but was very nervous about using DPS (my DD and I did a photo shoot at the GF with them three years ago and we were not overly impressed!!). In the end, we did a TTD at the Poly with Randy. It cost us $200.00 and was the best $200.00 I ever spent. The pictures are really lovely and a beautiful, fun contrast to the VR day shots. I have not got to the point in my TR where I have posted them yet, but do have a peek when I do!! I am really looking forward to posting them (though goodness knows how I will choose which ones to post - I have so many favourites!!).
As for the question about regret. You are at a point in your life when a DFTW VR, at a later date, is entirely possible for you and by then, they may have sorted out the issues with DPS!!!
Good luck whatever you decide.

I did the MK photo shoot two years ago after our wedding and LOVED it. The prices are expensive, and the photo CD price is outrageous (we didn't get the CD), but I had the same feeling you do. I would only do this ONCE and I wanted to enjoy it and do something that I can tell everyone about.

And if you decide to do it, make sure you are adamant about what you want.

My pictures are on my website in my signature if you want to see.

Good luck!!

We did the photo shoot and I am so glad we did. It was something I had always wanted to do and loved it. We had Regina as our photographer and not only was she fun to work with, our pictures turned out amazing.

I completely agree that the cost of the shoot and the CD are insane. I didn't have the patience to wait three years for the cost of the CD to go down, so I paid the full price. :scared1: Also, after seeing the results some people had on their shoot, I was somewhat terrified of what the outcome of our shoot would be and was relieved that ours turned out well. It's unfortunate that we all have to be anxious of our photos after spending that much money, but that seems to be the way it is with DPS until they sort out their issues.

If you do it, I would make every effort to request the photographer you want well ahead of time. It's not guaranteed but helps a lot if you get your top three choices on the books well in advance.

I say if it's something you want to do, go for it. It was a once in a lifetime experience for us and we'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I also will have doing the MK shoot and adding a "trash the dress" session at Typhoon Lagoon following...to me the photos were one of the most important part of our wedding! IF photos are of an importance to you then go for it, if it is something you don't feel like you "need" to do then don't...it is such a personal decision...:cloud9:

My MK Photoshoot got cancelled along with quite a few other Disney Brides. It was heart breaking for me to come to terms with as that was one of the major factors for us booking a Disney Wedding. MK can cancel them at any given time apparently so please be aware of this.

I'm doing a swan wedding too and the one thing I'm sad about is not getting to do the MK shoot. But the thing is, even though you book a MK shoot that doesn't mean you'll get one. Many brides have had their shoots cancelled, some just a few weeks before the event. One member here had hers cancelled and went over to a swan wedding only to have Disney call her back and promise her a shoot and then cancel it on her again! Then there is the member who was very unhappy with her pictures because many were out of focus. It doesn't seem like Disney does much to rectify the situation after they have your money either. It seems like the MK shoots are really hit or miss these days, so personally I wouldn't base my location on whether or not I could have the MK shoot because it still isn't a given.

I know it isn't the same but H and I plan on wearing nice clothes to MK (probably a sundress for me and khakis and a nice shirt for me) and then we'll have pics taken to the right of the castle. We did this one other time and the view is perfect and they are usually able to do it with no people in the background. As an added bonus you can do it at night when the castle is lit up and it comes out really pretty. I know it will never compare to the MK shoot but we're excited about it!

Also, as a swan bride you can still have a shoot at the 3 other parks.

Having a Magic Kingdom shoot "made" our wedding as far as I'm concerned. My DH feels the same way. It was sooooo nice to spend time just the two of us, without family, friends, or feeling obligatory to anyone else but ourselves, not to mention that we adore the photos.

Honestly? I didn't do this for our wedding, but if I had to do it all over again I would move my photo shoot to any date that Regina or Amy were available, without a doubt. We happened to get lucky and get Regina for the whole time (ceremony, dessert party, MK shoot), but looking back, the only pictures I truly *love* are work from either Regina or Amy.

I also think it's completely unfair that Disney cancelled MK shoots for brides with hardly any warning. I wouldn't want to pay travel expenses to go down at another time...I think I'd change my wedding date if guests hadn't already book travel, but they don't seem to care about giving warning. Sucky guest service as far as I'm concerned.

I guess it's a gamble, but I knew that going in...and loved every second of it. Pictures are in my TR linked in my signature if you want to have a look, the MK shoot ones are on page 10. They're the low-res ones, I bought the high-res disc and don't regret it even a little.

Having a Magic Kingdom shoot "made" our wedding as far as I'm concerned. My DH feels the same way. It was sooooo nice to spend time just the two of us, without family, friends, or feeling obligatory to anyone else but ourselves, not to mention that we adore the photos.

Honestly? I didn't do this for our wedding, but if I had to do it all over again I would move my photo shoot to any date that Regina or Amy were available, without a doubt. We happened to get lucky and get Regina for the whole time (ceremony, dessert party, MK shoot), but looking back, the only pictures I truly *love* are work from either Regina or Amy.

I also think it's completely unfair that Disney cancelled MK shoots for brides with hardly any warning. I wouldn't want to pay travel expenses to go down at another time...I think I'd change my wedding date if guests hadn't already book travel, but they don't seem to care about giving warning. Sucky guest service as far as I'm concerned.

I guess it's a gamble, but I knew that going in...and loved every second of it. Pictures are in my TR linked in my signature if you want to have a look, the MK shoot ones are on page 10. They're the low-res ones, I bought the high-res disc and don't regret it even a little.

I remember seeing your pics and LOVED them, you did luck out with Regina And Amy, we requested both of them for our shoot!!

Thanks everyone for replying!!I think we are going for disney and MK shoot as it is the only time will ever do it!!Just one other question - what is this high res cd? Do we have to pay to get our photos after paying to have the shoot?!

Thanks everyone for replying!!I think we are going for disney and MK shoot as it is the only time will ever do it!!Just one other question - what is this high res cd? Do we have to pay to get our photos after paying to have the shoot?!

Oh yes you have to pay for the high res CD but it is SO worth it, plus it is not as expensive as it was in the past :) You only get so many prints included in an album (not sure how many maybe it was 12?) I would have to look back at my email but I did add the CD, I know I will want ALL the shots! lol

PS If you add a second stop they double the photos in the album :)

I found what they sent me:

Park Bridal Portrait Session - Magic Kingdom $1,100
Included:
One hour with one photographer (you will be picked up at your Disney resort and returned to that resort after your photo session)
4x6 keepsake prints
Sent 4-6 weeks after your session
12 print 5x7 album (can upgrade to a 20 print 5x7 album for $125)
Album Order form sent with keepsake prints
Proof book of images
Private website for three months

PS I know they will sell the CD as low as 350 ;)

But the thing is, even though you book a MK shoot that doesn't mean you'll get one. Many brides have had their shoots cancelled, some just a few weeks before the event. One member here had hers cancelled and went over to a swan wedding only to have Disney call her back and promise her a shoot and then cancel it on her again! Then there is the member who was very unhappy with her pictures because many were out of focus. It doesn't seem like Disney does much to rectify the situation after they have your money either. It seems like the MK shoots are really hit or miss these days, so personally I wouldn't base my location on whether or not I could have the MK shoot because it still isn't a given.

This. I had an MK shoot booked but Disney had to cancel it. Actually though it worked out better - instead we're having bridal portrait sessions in two other parks for half the cost!

Another major aspect of our wedding had to be changed too but Disney went out of their way to replace it with something we would still love, and which we really shouldn't be getting - I keep telling my BF that we've essentially been upgraded!

That said, even though we're still really happy with what we're getting I'm sure many brides here wouldn't be. I'm not a girl who has spent any time envisaging my wedding, and I never had my heart set on anything, so I'm no less excited about my wedding that I was previously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter