MK Photo Shoot?

Mommy Poppins

DIS Veteran
When did you/are you doing your Magic Kingdom photo shoot?

Before the wedding--then DH sees you in your dress and it may get dirty on the bottom for the ceremony.

After the wedding--it may be dirty from the ceremony?

Do you schedule two hair appointments? Are there really any hair/make-up people who will come out at 4am so that you can do a photo shoot at 6am?

Just wondering how those of you who have already done this handled it?

I did it the day of. We had an early ceremony 10:30, so staying in my dress wasn't an issue and I did want it clean for the MK shoot, I have 2 DDs (2 & 4 at the time) and I didn't want to worry about getting it dirty during the reception. In may 2005 I used disney cosmo - i don't think disney does it anymore - but it was pretty spendy (and yes they do come to your room at 4 am) - so it was nice to have to only have to pay for hair and makeup once. It was a VR so I wasn't concerned about my husband seeing me in the dress. It is such a magical experience, It was a great way to start off such a special day.

Note the only book one or two a day, so call as soon as you know the date you want.

Thanks! Our renewal isn't until 5 that afternoon so I would probably still need to get my hair done 2x!

our mk bridal shoot is 2 days after the wedding, then i still have my dress surprise with my fi at the ceremony & by doing it 2 days later we wont have to wake up early from our wedding night. if you want to do the mk bridal shoot make sure to book this in advance as they only do 1 bridal session a day at 6am. another thing to consider if youre a custom bride is only items on your wedding day count towards your minimum. we have exceeded our minimum so that wasnt a worry for us but for some could make a difference.

if my dress is dirty after the wedding & our illuminations party im going to have carolyn allens in orlando clean it. as for the hair & makeup the old disney cosmotologists used to come out at 4am not sure how this works now since there is no longer disney cosmotologist but a recommended list to contact on your own. i have yet to make that phone call.

Ours is booked for three days after - I don't want DH2B to see my dress until the wedding.

I have read on these boards that if your dress gets dirty during the ceremony it'll usually be just round the hem and you won't see it on the MK photos anyway.

We did ours the morning after the wedding. Yes it was difficult to get going but we actually were back to our room alone by 9:30 pm. I did my own hair and make up so I didn't have to get up as early as some do. The bottom of my dress was very dirty from the Boardwalk but you could not notice it at all in the pictures. It got even dirtier in the MK and I tried to keep it off the ground except for the pictures.

We did ours the day after the wedding. I could give you my reasons for doing it then, but really that was the only day available while we were there. We switched hotels the day of our wedding and one of my bags got lost and did not appear until two days later. And of course this was the bag with all my hair and make up supplies for the shoot (i did my own). My sister, sil, and moh ended up going to walmart around midnight to buy me all new stuff and we ended up getting about an hour sleep because of it... Anyway, my dress didn't get too dirty at the ceremony, (at the WP) but did get very dirty at the mk shoot (partly b/c of rain...we had some bad luck with that mk shoot) So I would actually reccomend two days after the wedding from my experience, but it all comes down to what's available. I wish you better luck than i had!

im hoping to do mine 2 days after but i was wondering about the flowers? will they still look ok for that or will they have started to wilt etc?

We did ours two days after the wedding, and honestly, I would have done it a couple days later. We were so tired from the wedding and the day after at the parks with our families and friends that we didn't really enjoy the experience.

Disney Floral did my flowers, and I paid them 50.00 for a refresh of mine and DH's flowers (I think the current price is 100.00, but I'm not sure). They took my bouquet from me when we got to the reception, and brought it back the morning of the shoot along with a new bout. for DH. My flowers took a beating from the FL heat the day of the wedding, so the refresh pretty much ended up being a whole new bouquet for me. It was beautiful!

We did ours the day before our vow renewal (the day of was already taken, and to be honest, we didn't really care when we had the photos done).

I chose not to have hair & makeup done for my MK photo session. I am not a morning person so that was my excuse. My Event Manager warned me that my hair & makeup would look different in my MK photos than in my actual FTW vow renewal photos, but since I was secretly not planning on having my hair done for my vow renewal, it didn't bother me in the least (but I definitely appreciated my EM's advice).

Well, the day of my vow renewal, I broke down and allowed Disney to fix up my hair. The only reason I had booked hair & makeup in the first place was so that my daughter & niece could really experience the fun of being a "bridesmaid" (this was their first time). The two of them were having so much fun getting their hair & makeup done, that I decided, "what the heck," and got mine done, too. I must admit that it really was a very fun experience for the three of us. To this day I cherish the memories of our "girl" time.

Now that almost one year has passed, if I had to do it all over again, I would probably get my hair & makeup done for the MK photo session. That way my photos would "match" (vow renewal & MK), just as my Event Manager had stated they should.

I should note that I chose not to use flowers for my MK photo session. That was a personal choice that I made. My Disney photographer did have a stock bouquet with him, but I made him leave it behind in his vehicle.

I am thinking of a vow renewal for our 25th anniv. in Dec '06...how far ahead can/do you book the MK photo shot...if I'm going to go thru disney & do a nice vow renewal I am sure going to get pics in the magic kingdom!

Im also doing my MK photos 2 day after our wedding to keep my dress a surprise for the ceremony. It will be in January so I dont think it will be too warm for my flowers to wilt but I was wondering if the Disney Florist would just let you keep them in their refrigerator for a day? or may be in your room fridge?

Laurafoster said:
im hoping to do mine 2 days after but i was wondering about the flowers? will they still look ok for that or will they have started to wilt etc?

I was concerned about that too - so I bought some gorgeous silk ones from ebay and I'll use those - they'll be good for my recepption back home too. They only cost £20 ($36)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter