• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK Parking

1GR8DISNEYFAN

Mouseketeer
If parking in the AAA Diamond Preferred parking area, must you take the tram to get to the TTA or is it within walking distance. Just wondering how much time to allow to make sure we get to MK rope drop. We have never driven to MK as this will be our first trip staying off site. Thank you!

I am not sure where AAA parking is, but when we get there about 30 minutes before the park opens we are in about the first or second row. From there we walk to the TTC as it would probably take more time to bother boarding a tram and the Tram doesn't get you a whole lot closer. Now if AAA parking is further out, then you might consider the tram.

If you're planning on being there that early; it'll be a very short walk from the AAA or regular lot to the boat or monorail. :worship::worship:
We park in the AAA lot a couple hours after the park opens and we always walk (5-10 minute easy walk) to the boat. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1
Good Luck All,
Joe

If parking in the AAA Diamond Preferred parking area, must you take the tram to get to the TTA or is it within walking distance. Just wondering how much time to allow to make sure we get to MK rope drop. We have never driven to MK as this will be our first trip staying off site. Thank you!

Well, to get to the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) you would first need to enter the Magic Kingdom, walk up Main Street and turn right towards Tomorrowland. There is no tram that will get you there. :rotfl:

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Well, to get to the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) you would first need to enter the Magic Kingdom, walk up Main Street and turn right towards Tomorrowland. There is no tram that will get you there. :rotfl:

Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

OOOPS! I guess I better brush-up on my abbreviatioins.:rotfl:
But thanks to those who answered my question. I looked at the lot on
Google Map and I wasn't sure if you could cross the road on foot. It sounds like the AAA lot is further than where we would get to park if we got there really early.

OOOPS! I guess I better brush-up on my abbreviatioins.:rotfl:
But thanks to those who answered my question. I looked at the lot on
Google Map and I wasn't sure if you could cross the road on foot. It sounds like the AAA lot is further than where we would get to park if we got there really early.
It's actually not far at all. You cross under the road, through a tunnel.

We have driven to the MK on our last two trips. If you get there before rd, you'll have no problem with parking close. The AAA lot is a little closer than the regular lots. You can walk or take the tram to the TTC.

We also take mid day breaks and have found even closer parking spots when we return. This last trip we parked as close to the TTC as possible. It was great!

We have driven to the MK on our last two trips. If you get there before rd, you'll have no problem with parking close.

Agreed! It was a few years back but the last time we had a AAA preferred parking we got there earlier enough that the guy showed us were the AAA parking was and the regular spot we had pulled up in was really no different so we just stayed there.

Have a Wonderful Vacation! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter