• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK ( &other parks) yesterday, Sunday (11/25/2012) Crowd

pjew

Mouseketeer
Just curious on how the crowd was in the parks yesterday since i've been reading that the majority of the Thanksgiving vacationers should be gone.

Reporting live from my balcony at the BWV. I checked in yesterday (Sunday) & went to Epcot around 12:30. Epcot was ok in World Showcase. I hopped to the Studios around 5 & it was packed. The Studios had pm EMH & 2 showings of Fantasmic. I heard the first show was at capacity. Huge crowd to get into the second show. Once everyone got in, there were still seats.The park was busy all night. I will say that the Osborne Lights were much less crowded after the 8 pm Fantasmic.

Today, I spent the morning through lunch at Epcot - it was hopping but not packed (with the exception of Soarin). I hopped to the Magic Kingdom around 5ish which has one of the two only nights this week that they do not have a MVMCP plus it was EMH (pm). Got to say it was the most crowded I have ever seen MK - & we have been here multiple times for spring break in March.

I have decided I am not a fan of evening EMH - after being to 2 this week. With the shorter park hours it makes for a much more crowded park.

I am hoping the rest of the week is better. I think this week has gotten pretty popular.

ttfn3 said:
Reporting live from my balcony at the BWV. I checked in yesterday (Sunday) & went to Epcot around 12:30. Epcot was ok in World Showcase. I hopped to the Studios around 5 & it was packed. The Studios had pm EMH & 2 showings of Fantasmic. I heard the first show was at capacity. Huge crowd to get into the second show. Once everyone got in, there were still seats.The park was busy all night. I will say that the Osborne Lights were much less crowded after the 8 pm Fantasmic.

Today, I spent the morning through lunch at Epcot - it was hopping but not packed (with the exception of Soarin). I hopped to the Magic Kingdom around 5ish which has one of the two only nights this week that they do not have a MVMCP plus it was EMH (pm). Got to say it was the most crowded I have ever seen MK - & we have been here multiple times for spring break in March.

I have decided I am not a fan of evening EMH - after being to 2 this week. With the shorter park hours it makes for a much more crowded park.

I am hoping the rest of the week is better. I think this week has gotten pretty popular.

Also just back from the MK and I would agree the park was packed until the fireworks were over. The EMH we waited 15 min for Space and that was our longest line.

I agree! Picked this week specifically for low crowds. Boy was I surprised today at MK! It was very crowded. Granted, I haven't been to wdw in 9 years so maybe my perception isn't up with the times but I was very surprised. Dumbo posted wait time was 15 minutes, but we were in line for well over an hour. Splash Mountain was posted at 45 minutes, waited 90. Very hard to walk around in certain places due to high crowds. Lunch was a madhouse.

Boy oh boy do I hope today was an anomaly!!! WDW Lines app said MK was a 3.3/10. Either my perception. Of 3.3 is off or it was way wrong. Wish us luck! Need lower crowds rest of the week! :)

We got here late Sat night and it has been far busier than we were expecting...nothing like July 4th but we were expecting it to be very slow. Sunday we went to MK first and it was pretty busy, then went to Epcot and once again, it was pretty busy and COLD. We were tired and not wearing warm clothing and about 8:30 we decided Illuminations wasn't worth freezing our hind quarters off for...took a quick vote...and headed for DTD and ate a hot meal at T-Rex....which was packed when we got there :confused3

Today we started at HS and the crowd level was about a 5, only issue was that RRC was down till about noon so it was pretty packed the rest of the day though single rider was pretty fast. We finished the day at MK and got there right as the parade was starting and there were quite a few people there but it thinned out nicely after the park closed and EMH began. Went back to see what was open in the new Fantasyland and that Storytime with Belle blew us away. Very cure, very personable....if you haven't had the pleasure of seeing it yet then you are in for a treat.

This week is becoming more popular, especially with free dining and discounts. I remember we were there the first week of December about 4 years ago and it was pretty quiet. Last year my neighbors went the same week and it was a lot busier. We compared crowd pictures and wait times from what we remembered.

There really is no "slow" time anymore from what we have seen. Disney has done an excellent job of increasing attendance at the times that were always slow. Great for them, not so much for us. It seems to be hit or miss now.

On days when they do not have the special parties, the parks are packed with those that want to see the parades and fireworks. We went last year on one of these nights and it was absolutely shoulder to shoulder and will not do again.

I hope everyone there has a good time and the crowds thin out. For those heading there, good luck and for those returning - Welcome home!

I agree with the places being busy, although Sunday at MK we did not really have wait times longer than 30 mins. For those that were over 45mins we just got a FP for an hour or so later. Yesterday for us HS was really busy, by 10.15 all Jedi slots were gone and they had 39 in the waitlist and we couldnt ride toy story due to long waits and FP gone. We learned our lesson and will go for rope drop later this week.

Thanks guys....for some of yall there this week plz keep us posted on crowds.
Im booked to go the week after thanksgiving (friday after thanksgiving - sunday) so im just curious how busy it is.

Thanks a bunch!

I'm at AK TODAY and it is much better than MK yesterday. Still more people than I expected but ride weight times are good. 10 min for EE, 10 for dinosaur, 20 for Safari.

We arrived on Friday (Nov 23rd-the day after Thanksgiving) and left yesterday. We went to the studios for a few hours Friday evening and we were able to ride Star Tours, the Great Movie Ride and see Muppet Vision, all with very short waits before heading over to see the Osborne Lights (which were spectacular as always) and then heading to dinner. We didn't go to a park on Saturday but did go to Downtown Disney for La Nouba and it was very crowded there that day. We tried to go for a little bit around 11:30 that morning and gave up when we couldn't find parking anywhere near the Marketplace. Sunday, we were at AK and basically walked on to just about everything. EE was only about a 15 minute wait in the standby at 1:00. KS was about the same, maybe 5-10 minutes longer. We went to MVMCP on Sunday night and the party was sold out (signs up at the entry to the parking lot and in front of the MK letting people know that the party was sold out for that night) but we had no problem getting on rides and were able to get a picture with the 7 dwarves with only about a 30 minute wait. We spent Monday at Universal and were able to tour both parks with hardly any waits at all. Tuesday we spent at Epcot and were able to see all but three of the Storytellers in the various countries, attended the DVC Merry Mixer for a short time, ate dinner as part of the Candlelight Processional package, saw the show and Illuminations and did some shopping. We were also able to ride Soarin' using FP's that we picked up at 12:00 for an entry time of 8:05-9:05. We spent yesterday morning at the MK and rode a few more rides that we had skipped on Sunday and then ate counter service at the new BOG restaurant before heading to the airport.

I was anticipating heavy crowds on Friday and Saturday (TP had the crowd levels as 10's for both those days) and thought that by Monday the crowds would be gone so I was surprised at the number of people that were still there for the last three days of our trip since the crowd levels were projected to be 1, 2 and 3's. The MK yesterday really did seem crowded especially since this was the recommended park by TP. I guess I should have followed the advice from Josh at EasyWDW because he had this rated as the 3rd choice park. I will say though that we had a great time as always and that the weather while a little chilly at night, really was great. I think as long as you have a plan and go early that you will be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter