MK might start serving alcohol!

I suspect that Walt walked around the park NOT drunk, and NOT annoying others, which is why I don't particularly care for sloppy drunks. I'll say it again, stay home and drink if you can't control yourself and have to annoy others....

Well, yeah ... But I feel that way about a lot of stone cold sober guests too. How do we get rid of them?:confused3 :lmao:

Another weak minded fool checking in.....;)

I don't really care if they start serving alcohol at the MK or not and I've never seen these sloppy drunks that so many on the DIS speak of during the festivals. But I'm usually lost in the dense smoke of the smoking area (aka WMF area) and can't see much.
:laughing:

As someone who enjoys an adult bevvie or two, I really dont mind that MK does not serve alcohol,we usually go early in the day anyway,so I dont ever feel the urge for a libation till I hit EPCOT later in the afternoon(but boy does it taste good,while walking in World Showcase)...however I really dont think it would be such a big deal if they served only beer and wine at the sit down restaraunts only...

This I would NOT want to see happening. Why do people need to have beer? Just the thing I want my kids to see, people getting drunk at WDW. What a shame.

This I would NOT want to see happening. Why do people need to have beer? Just the thing I want my kids to see, people getting drunk at WDW. What a shame.

I like beer that's why.

It's so sad that you can make the leap from your children maybe seeing someone drinking a beer to "people getting drunk". Your kids are going to encounter drinking and much,much worse in their lives. Use every opportunity as a teaching experience rather than taking a pious, untenable position and everyone will be better off.

I like beer that's why.

It's so sad that you can make the leap from your children maybe seeing someone drinking a beer to "people getting drunk". Your kids are going to encounter drinking and much,much worse in their lives. Use every opportunity as a teaching experience rather than taking a pious, untenable position and everyone will be better off.

So true. I would argue that seeing people eat Mickey Bars is probably a lot worse than seeing people drink beer.

Don't get me wrong -- I enjoy a Mickey Bar myself. But there's really nothing healthy in it. Moderate booze consumption, on the other hand, has real benefits.

A drink or two has also been known to remove sticks from rears, something that would benefit many of the sober people I've come across at WDW.

I would have no objection to a limited amount of drinks being served in (and only in) certain table service locations and limited to 1 per person, BUT they have to be related to the location, Beer at the Liberty Tree Tavern, Wine at Tonys, etc

So your enjoyment of beer would lead you to spend upwards of six dollars on a 12oz beer. When you can buy a 12pack for under 10dollars. I think its ok for people to wait till they are done for the day and go home to relax then drink at the park. I am not against drinking, I enjoy drinking, and I enjoy beer, but alcohol just puts to many negatives than positives to be justified to allow it. It is first and foremost a family park, geared towards a younger audience, where Epcot is for the older crowd and focuses on that. Save your money buy a t-shirt and have a Magical Day :upsidedow

Just like people will spend upwards of $45.00 for a mediocre meal at the parks, they will pay that for beer as well. All part of the experience when you are at WDW. I would think that at MK alcohol will take a back seat like at the studios and AK. Epcot is the only place where alcohol sales and conmsumption are all over the place.

Yea but you can't experience those meals anywhere else in the world. They might not be the best in the world but they are what makes WDW and I quite enjoy them. You can experience beer anywhere else in the world, and you need to eat if you spend the entire day there, you don't have to drink. Its a luxury of sorts that people don't need.

Being in a theme park is a luxury. You don't "need" that either.

Perhaps we can turn away from the circular argument and just understand that despite what any one individual thinks on the matter, Disney will what it wants, and if money is to be made, drinks will be served... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter