MK Kiss Goodnight Question

FairyGodmother76

Earning My Ears
I heard that one hour after MK closes that there is a Kiss Goodnight at the castle. The castle lights up and there is music and Mickey waves goodbye at the train station. I would really like to see this but if I stayed one hour after the park closes would I still be able to use the bus to get back to my resort?

I heard that one hour after MK closes that there is a Kiss Goodnight at the castle. The castle lights up and there is music and Mickey waves goodbye at the train station. I would really like to see this but if I stayed one hour after the park closes would I still be able to use the bus to get back to my resort?

The Castle "Kiss Goodnight" is not related to whether Mickey waves goodbye at the train station.

He may be there with or without the Kiss Goodnight going on.
He may NOT be there with or without the Kiss Goodnight going on.

The Castle "Kiss Goodnight" is not always 1 hour following closing.
Times vary and there may not be a Kiss on some nights.

You can check for the Kiss Goodnight schedule at the site below-

This is a great site to keep BOOKMARKED for future reference.

The following site posts the stage shows, in-park and other on-property shows and their times for the CURRENT week.
(It is updated every weekend.)
The times may be "similar" for other dates as well.

Steve Soares' TIMES GUIDE Site

At the top of the page,
click on the colored links for the various parks
and their show times.

Be sure to check back to the site as the actual dates of your trip get closer.
----------------------

Here is the info for THIS CURRENT WEEK-

Kiss Goodnight
Monday at 12:00, 12:30 & 1:00am
Wednesday at 9:30, 10:00 & 10:30pm
Saturday at 11:00 & 11:30pm, 12:30am
Cinderella Castle light show.

Regardless of when you leave MK, there will be buses to take you to your resort.
Nobody is left stranded at a WDW Theme Park.

Have a magical trip.

sorry to be an idiot but what is the kiss goodnight?

It's basically Disney's way of nicely saying, "it's time for you to leave the MK so that our cast members can fix up the parks for tomorrow's guests"...lol...There are clips of it on youtube if you really want to see it but it's nothing special, Mickey says thanks for coming or something along those lines and the castle goes from fancy multiple colors to plain spotlights.

KG is a really nice way to end a day and evening at Magic Kingdom. After most of the people have left the park, about 45 minutes or so after official closing (check Steve's site for times, http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/mk/mk.htm), there is a short, but very nice verbal and light presentation at the castle. Steve indicates several presentations, I have never seen more than one, but I suppose there are. After it's over, a nice, quiet walk up Main Street and out of the park, without the masses, is a relaxing cap on the day.

A video below.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn8LshblMyU

It is not connected to or have anything to do with Mickey waving goodbye at the train station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter