MK has the park to avoid

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
We are doing MK 3 times on this trip. One of the days is a park to avoid day. We have never been to a park when it is coded that way. Do you think we will be ok if we are just going to be there so we can do Pirates League and BBB. We will not be doing any of the headliners that day. We might do some of the overlooked attractions. Should we be ok?

We are doing MK 3 times on this trip. One of the days is a park to avoid day. We have never been to a park when it is coded that way. Do you think we will be ok if we are just going to be there so we can do Pirates League and BBB. We will not be doing any of the headliners that day. We might do some of the overlooked attractions. Should we be ok?

You didn't give any DATES.

Otherwise, those "crowd-predictors" are "estimates" at best.

You know, I don't use any crowd calendars in my planning. We deal with what we get. Since you're doing three days at MK and will have plenty of time to do things, I don't see why it would be a problem for one of your days to be one of the 'predicted busy' days.

I don't use the crowd calendars either, they never seem to really work out for me. Instead we go to the park with evening emh since we arent' morning people. Or we start in a park with no emh and hop to the evening emh.

We use hoppers to avoid crowds rather than crowd calendars.

We have done MK many times when it was recommended to be avoided ... not on purpose, we always forget to check BEFORE we go. At any rate it was crowded and the lines were long (used fast passes whenever we could) but it was not awful. You certainly shouldn't have any problem if you are planning specific activities that don't involve high volume rides and attracrtions.

I agree that it depnds on when you are going

The way I look at it is that on any given day, there will be a park that is recommended to visit and another that is recommended to avoid. However you need to look at things relatively. If the overall crowd levels are low, say as in a 4 out of 10 (think mid to late January) than the park that is to be avoided is still good to visit!

You know, I don't use any crowd calendars in my planning.
nor do we, in fact our first 4 trips, never even knew such things existed!
We deal with what we get.

Since you're doing three days at MK and will have plenty of time to do things, I don't see why it would be a problem for one of your days to be one of the 'predicted busy' days.
i completely agree. :thumbsup2

We are going in June. Those were the answers I was hoping for.

We do use crowd calendars. But keep in mind that a park to avoid on a low crowd day isn't the same as even best park over Christmas break! Since you're going multiple days, I agree not to worry about it. We only worry about having one lowest crowds possible day.

Any idea what it will be like Nov 22-25th (thanksgiving weekend).

Thanksgiving itself is very crowded. One crowd calendar has the next day going down to a 9, but the other one keeps it at a 10. The Sat after is a higher crowd day, but not nearly as bad as Thurs/Fri. (7 on one calendar. But one still has it as a 10). On Sunday, the crowds get more managable - a 5 on one calendar, but a 9 on the other. (Though I was told MK is a 3.somethng when broken down by parks on that calendar).

We didn't used to know about crowd calendars and had to go the week between Christmas and New Years - when the parks were filled completely to capacity. With zero formal touring plans, we did tons and didn't wait long. It came down to just being familar with the rides enough to use some common sense. We did that three years in a row! However, now that we have kids, we do our best to avoid the highest crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter