My personal hunch is maybe there will be a format or price change...

Price change for the win!

After Fireworks:
Starting February 1, 2020: $89 per adult (ages 10 and up); $53 per child (ages 3 to 9)

Plaza Garden Viewing:
Starting February 1, 2020: $79 per adult (ages 10 and up); $47 per child (ages 3 to 9)

Tomorrowland Terrace:
Starting February 1, 2020: $99 per adult (ages 10 and up); $59 per child (ages 3 to 9)

After Fireworks:
Starting February 1, 2020: $89 per adult (ages 10 and up); $53 per child (ages 3 to 9)

Plaza Garden Viewing:
Starting February 1, 2020: $79 per adult (ages 10 and up); $47 per child (ages 3 to 9)

Tomorrowland Terrace:
Starting February 1, 2020: $99 per adult (ages 10 and up); $59 per child (ages 3 to 9)
😲🙈

After Fireworks:

Plaza Garden Viewing:

Tomorrowland Terrace:

The after party went up more than the before!!!

Maybe it was just the one time, but our after party in July was only 3-4 groups... and our group of 17 outnumbered everyone else put together. I guess after is more popular than I realized.

After Fireworks:

Plaza Garden Viewing:

Tomorrowland Terrace:
Ouch! Guess this makes my decision easier.

Just FYI: This is a pic of the peanut & tree nut allergy plate I was given at the Happily Ever After Fireworks Party. I was very impressed b/c I wasn’t expecting it to be so good.

Attachments

• 6C1949ED-7DDE-4EE4-BC20-B219AA713C48.jpeg
    6C1949ED-7DDE-4EE4-BC20-B219AA713C48.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 41

Annnnnnnnnd my late Feb birthday is now more expensive if I wish to do this dessert party (and I really want to). I mean, really? They couldn’t wait at least ONE more month? :sad1: Oh well....I guess it could’ve been worse.

Was just reading the page on dessert parties on Disney World's site and saw this:

Beginning February 1, 2020, Guests ages 21 and over can also choose from a fine selection of beer and wine.

Guess that helps to explain the price increase.

Good! I posted on another thread that alcohol better be included.

Ugh! Why can't they just start including it now? I've booked this because there will only be one HEA night for our trip in December and I expect it to be slammed, but the price is truly ridiculous for just dessert and a few savory snacks. Being able to enjoy a glass of wine or two would definitely make it feel a bit more worth it, and I don't believe for a minute they couldn't get the vendors to start providing beer and wine within the next few weeks.

ETA: If anything, including alcohol now before the price increase would incentivize people to book up all the parties before the end of the year, thinking they are getting a "bargain." Disney can sell out the dates and pour wine that retails for $15 a bottle to people who will feel like they scored a great deal.

REALLY glad I booked the before party with garden view for Jan 29th now... If I'd planned it for the end of our trip it'd be an extra 20$ for the two of us... for literally the same thing as we'd have gotten in days prior. 😬 The hubs and I don't drink. (Just don't see the point in it. We can have fun sober and it all tastes like drain cleaner smells. I will however have ALL the POG juice I can handle!)
Also declined the after fireworks because there's evening EMHs that night and I didn't want to be scarfing sweets during prime ride time... assuming they do have a way to tell that people in ride lines are staying on property? Never done evening extra magic hours before honestly. But that after fireworks price jump! Yowza!!!

Was just reading the page on dessert parties on Disney World's site and saw this:

Beginning February 1, 2020, Guests ages 21 and over can also choose from a fine selection of beer and wine.

Guess that helps to explain the price increase.

Great. Totally worth the price change then. My kids, who are considered adults at Disney, can now start boozing it up :sad2:. Didn't they just increase the price within the last year or so? We usually do this party twice every trip, but they have priced us out.

Why do we think the after party will be more expensive now?

It's a very interesting question, isn't it. Must tell us something about the performance of each, from my experience it still seems like the less desirable version of the party. But I guess many love it!

Did we ever figure out if the new CRT package is taking the entire garden in front of Casey’s? Are both gardens fully reserved and blocked off now?

I ended up booking the after fireworks party for our trip next month.

Just getting caught up here and checking out Disney's website.

So the two references to alcohol...

"Beginning February 1, 2020, Guests ages 21 and over can also choose from a fine selection of beer and wine."

"Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages (when beer and wine are offered beginning February 1, 2020). A valid form of government identification will be required to verify your age. "

...on the website are only included for the Tomorrowland Terrace party and the After Party, NOT the "Before" Plaza Viewing party.

So do we think that's a website error, or likely intentional? The new prices make more sense if that is in fact the case that the "before" party won't have alcohol.

Magic Kingdom Happily Ever After Fireworks Dessert PartiesAdult
(incl tax)
Age 3-9
(incl tax)
Reservation
Time
Comments
Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing$69$411.5 hours pre-showPrice increases to $79 / $47 on 2/1/2020
Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace$84$501 hour pre-showPrice increases to $99 / $59 on 2/1/2020
Wine/Beer will be offered 2/1/2020+
Magic Kingdom After-Fireworks Dessert Party$69$411 hour pre-showPrice increases to $89 / $53 on 2/1/2020
Wine/Beer will be offered 2/1/2020+

I hope I haven’t just messed up! I just booked the Plaza Garden View dessert party for January and until reading here I had no idea that there were two shows. We typically watch from the Poly but since DGS will be almost 5 we thought he might like to see the castle projections up close. I now know that’s OUAT. Are we able to view both and attend the dessert party? Last year I remember the projections going on as we were leaving CRT and by the time we got back to the Poly the fireworks had started. Is OUAT always first? I’m reading conflicting information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter