Sorry all I goofed. I was looking at Frozen.

Whats the difference between Happily Ever After and the Fireworks dessert party at the plaza viewing?
Terrace has seating, off to the side a little bit.

Garden has tables for eating, but viewing the fireworks, but is more centered on the castle.

Ok, I hit my 180 days out from my trip this Sept (the 20th-29th). I show the desert party bookable dates in blue (not able to actually book them yet - waiting like everyone else)
The day I'm looking to snag is September 27th BUT.... September 27th (a Thursday) is in grey. It should be in blue. That day should be open for the desert party. But it's not.
Hmmm. The Halloween Party is not listed for the 27th, so that can't be it.
Anyone know if there's anything going on this day at MK, maybe a cast member special event or something?
Could they be adding a Halloween party that night? Or is it just a goof?
Enquiring minds want to know...before they go insane lol!

(Edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Ok, I hit my 180 days out from my trip this Sept (the 20th-29th). I show the desert party bookable dates in blue (not able to actually book them yet - waiting like everyone else)
The day I'm looking to snag is September 27th BUT.... September 27th (a Thursday) is in grey.
Hmmm. The Halloween Party is not listed for the 27th.
Anyone know if there's anything going on this day at MK, maybe a cast member special event or something?
They are blue but not bookable yet join the waiting club

The day I'm looking to snag is September 27th BUT.... September 27th (a Thursday) is in grey. It should be in blue. That day should be open for the desert party. But it's not.

(Edited for clarity)

You are quite right- it is grey and I wondered earlier in the week why. Hopefully the very smart people on here can offer some insight. All that is currently showing is:

2E16CB16-890C-44BC-ABE2-8D218E6C2014.png

Don't they usually do a CM party on a Thursday in September or something? I seem to remember that happening a couple of years back. I can't really remember.
Or someone could have rented out the park for the night, like a corporation or something.

(Edited for clarity)

I have been watching the page for the HEA dessert party for a couple of weeks now, since our trip starts Sept. 27 and we are looking to book the party on October 3 ( a Wednesday with no MNSSHP). From what I can tell, the September dates are turning blue one date at a time, as each date hits the 180 mark. 180 days from September 27 (the date I think you are looking for Joanie) is not until this Saturday( I only know this because our trip starts on Sept27 and this Saturday is when we can start making ADRs for our trip). If there is going to be a Fireworks dessert party on Sept. 27, that date should turn blue this Saturday, from what I’ve seen the past couple of weeks. But even though it will turn blue, it still may not be bookable yet, as others in this thread have said. It seems dates for June and forward are blue or turning blue but still may not be booked yet for some unknown reason. Hope this makes sense and helps.

Has anyone else noticed a time change when attempting to book it for the dates that aren’t open yet? I’m watching for June 14th and up until I just checked again (for the millionth time), it has always shown 8:00. Now it is showing 7:45. Wonder if the times weren’t set yet and this is what was causing a delay? And even better, maybe this means that they’ll open up tomorrow?? Wishful thinking??:yay:

Has anyone else noticed a time change when attempting to book it for the dates that aren’t open yet? I’m watching for June 14th and up until I just checked again (for the millionth time), it has always shown 8:00. Now it is showing 7:45. Wonder if the times weren’t set yet and this is what was causing a delay? And even better, maybe this means that they’ll open up tomorrow?? Wishful thinking??:yay:

Yup - I just noticed that too and was putting together a little summary of what it was before and now. Very interesting!

Don't they usually do a CM party on a Thursday in September or something? I seem to remember that happening a couple of years back. I can't really remember.
Or someone could have rented out the park for the night, like a corporation or something.
We went at the end of November last year and had that happen, so it could be possible.

I have been watching the page for the HEA dessert party for a couple of weeks now, since our trip starts Sept. 27 and we are looking to book the party on October 3 ( a Wednesday with no MNSSHP). From what I can tell, the September dates are turning blue one date at a time, as each date hits the 180 mark. 180 days from September 27 (the date I think you are looking for Joanie) is not until this Saturday( I only know this because our trip starts on Sept27 and this Saturday is when we can start making ADRs for our trip). If there is going to be a Fireworks dessert party on Sept. 27, that date should turn blue this Saturday, from what I’ve seen the past couple of weeks. But even though it will turn blue, it still may not be bookable yet, as others in this thread have said. It seems dates for June and forward are blue or turning blue but still may not be booked yet for some unknown reason. Hope this makes sense and helps.
I had thought the same Melendc, but the thing is on my booking calendar the 29th (that Saturday) IS in blue, and that is after the 27th. I'm hoping you are right though!

Thanks all for the help folks - its very much appreciated! I just thought I was delusional with that date showing up the way it is. I guess time will tell what the story is.
~ Joanie

I wouldn't read too much into this since Disney is obviously messing around with times, but here's a comparison of the Plaza Garden event times from this past weekend compared to what they are now:

When the dates first turned blue last week....
Spring-Summer-Fall Dates.png

Current HEA and Plaza Garden times on the website....changes shaded.
Spring-Summer-Fall Dates_Updated 3-29-2018.png

Who the heck knows what they are up to, but perhaps the lack of finalized schedule is the cause of the delay. The variety of HEA times is a change this summer - last year it was 9pm all the time.

TBD!!!! :-)

We like early check in. By that time we are ready to sit and relax for a bit before heading to the viewing area.

Totally understandable! I have ADR’s at 5:30 so no way I would make a 6:30 check-in. If I’m going to lose out by being late then it may not be worth it for the day I’m thinking.

That's a lot of movement. Also, is it really necessary to check in 1.5 hours before?

To me, that's way overkill for our style. We don't even check in 1 hour/15 minutes early. I'd rather be late, but I know that's an unusual perspective. I'm good with 10-15 minutes of desserts/chilling/bathroom break, then off to the garden to relax/wait.

To me, that's way overkill for our style. We don't even check in 1 hour/15 minutes early. I'd rather be late, but I know that's an unusual perspective. I'm good with 10-15 minutes of desserts/chilling/bathroom break, then off to the garden to relax/wait.
Same here. In December I checked in about 30 minutes before the fireworks. It was just enough time to grab some food, take a sit break, and head out to the plaza garden just a few minutes before the fireworks started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter