MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have reserved seating at the tables or just sit where ever?

I had our IPO office book it for our MVMCP on 11-17. I am looking forward to it. Now trying to find out all the info I can.

Sounds much nicer then standing FOREVER waiting for Wishes in a good spot.

I called again this morning to ask again if they were offering the Dessert Party on non-MVMCP nights and she told me no. I'm going to keep asking and see if they change their mind.

I guess I'll just have to keep checking back, too. Hopefully they will add more dates!

Do you have reserved seating at the tables or just sit where ever?

I had our IPO office book it for our MVMCP on 11-17. I am looking forward to it. Now trying to find out all the info I can.

Sounds much nicer then standing FOREVER waiting for Wishes in a good spot.

yes, they reserve tables for you... i don't know the "order" of how the tables are reserved, but they do put a little "tent" on the table w/your name on it and when you check in, they show you to the general area where your table is...

yes, they reserve tables for you... i don't know the "order" of how the tables are reserved, but they do put a little "tent" on the table w/your name on it and when you check in, they show you to the general area where your table is...

I don't think they are doing this anymore. There was report when the new prices came out that there would be no more reserved seating.

i just called (again in the last 20 min) and the CM said extended only to end of oct - i will just call several times a day and talk to different people. Pixie dust for Thanksgiving Weekpixiedust:

I just called and got the Dessert Party booked for Sunday 11/29. Which is the night we're going to the MVMCP. Very excited!! I was hoping they would extend this! I'll be happy not to have to fight to find a place for the fireworks! :yay: The CM I spoke to said it was extended until at least 12/18. I didn't ask about non-mvmcp nights.

don't know if this has been shared, but i am at least 20 pages behind due to being in wdw...

i spoke w/the dessert party manager (gigi, ironically enough) when we were there on 8/26 and she told me it was going to be re-extended beyond the 10/31 date 'til the end of the year... it will be closed in january to install ceiling fans as it does get hot under there... they are expecting a price increase (drat, it was the best bargain on property!) and it will soon be available on the dining plan pending when they can get the computer system updated to include it... that may or may not be before the 1st of 2010...

i figured i would re-post this for those that may have missed it... we know now about the price increase...

Called at 6:25 AM this morning & it was already full!!
Called DVC at 8:30 am just to see if they could get it & "it was not coming up". The CM at DVC was unsure if this was because it was not being offered Dec. 19th or if it was because there was no availability.

Anyone know for certain whether there is a
Wishes Dessert Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace on
Saturday, Dec. 19th?
And if so what times are they seating?

I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead & book something else since it is her birthday.
Or should I keep calling back for the next 3 months hoping for a cancellation.
:confused3

So fortunate for the DIS...never would have known they extended this if I hadn't stumbled across a thread. :) DH and I are going November 13th through the 16 for a quick trip, so I booked the dessert party for the night of the MVMCP we are going to. :goodvibes

My friends and I just did the dessert party for MNSSHP on the 11th, and it was wonderful. Great viewing area, they had a photopass photographer there to take pictures with the castle in the background, and nothing ran out that I could see! They give you wristbands, and we had reserved tables. Ours said B_____ Family of 4 and it was taped to the table. Round tables with iron backed chairs, long two sided table of desserts, and they also had a table of drinks, as well. Many CMs working, very friendly and efficient and it was a wonderful time! My friend and I did it as a surprise for some dear friends of ours visiting from the UK, and it was lovely. After you have your desserts, they invite you to either stay seated or stake out a spot along the railing, which is what we did.

Anyone know for certain whether there is a
Wishes Dessert Party at the Tomorrowland Terrace on
Saturday, Dec. 19th?
And if so what times are they seating?

Although people have been getting mixed answers, the majority of us have been told that the DP is only held on MVMCP nights in December, and there are no MVMCPs on Saturdays.

My review of the desert party.

We went Aug 29th.

The deserts and drinks were good and there were plenty of them.

We got in early and easy.

Everyone around was well behaved and polite.

Moved up to the rail to watch the fireworks.

All that being said we would not do the desert party again. After attending we did not feel it was worth the money and the view of the fireworks really was not so great.

We enjoyed watching Hallowishes from the hub much more.

The party was not bad at all but after experiencing it, it is not something we will do again.

So fortunate for the DIS...never would have known they extended this if I hadn't stumbled across a thread. :) DH and I are going November 13th through the 16 for a quick trip, so I booked the dessert party for the night of the MVMCP we are going to. :goodvibes

My friends and I just did the dessert party for MNSSHP on the 11th, and it was wonderful. Great viewing area, they had a photopass photographer there to take pictures with the castle in the background, and nothing ran out that I could see! They give you wristbands, and we had reserved tables. Ours said B_____ Family of 4 and it was taped to the table. Round tables with iron backed chairs, long two sided table of desserts, and they also had a table of drinks, as well. Many CMs working, very friendly and efficient and it was a wonderful time! My friend and I did it as a surprise for some dear friends of ours visiting from the UK, and it was lovely. After you have your desserts, they invite you to either stay seated or stake out a spot along the railing, which is what we did.

Thanks for the review. Nice to hear someone's recent opinion of it. We have it booked for our MVMCP night. I think it will be great. Sounds more enjoyable then standing forever with everyone cramming in at the front of the castle like we have done for the past 3 years. PLUS, it is a great excuse to eat desserts! :rotfl:

Hmmmm I was told only through October asked them to double check and they said Oh it is until Jan 2010... lol it does look like it is only on mvmcp nights in nov and dec...

Thanks to everyone for this thread! :worship::worship::worship:I was watching it every single day for weeks, and then stopped for a couple of days and missed the extension!! We are going to DW 12/5-12/11. So I immediately called--just now!--and booked for our MVMCP night, 12/8. Whoo hoo!! I got a cast member I could hardly understand (she was East Indian), but she laughed when she asked how many kids under 17, and I said zero, just my husband and me. And, oh, do we love desserts! :banana::banana::banana:

I tried to get reservations for next week, which I guess is a pipe dream, since nothing was available. I gather there's not much chance for cancellations on this event, since you have to pay up front?

:sad1:

I tried to get reservations for next week, which I guess is a pipe dream, since nothing was available. I gather there's not much chance for cancellations on this event, since you have to pay up front?

:sad1:

Sure there is, people cancel all the time. I think you have up until 24 hours to cancel. we walk up and got a spot because they had a lot of cancellations (08/08). People get halfway through their trip and realize it's pricey extra.

Sure there is, people cancel all the time. I think you have up until 24 hours to cancel. we walk up and got a spot because they had a lot of cancellations (08/08). People get halfway through their trip and realize it's pricey extra.

i agree completely!! it's worth a shot for sure!
:wizard:

We went for opening night of MNSSHP and OMG it was wonderful. The desserts were plentiful and I especially loved watching the fireworks sitting down, feeling relaxed with a coffee and a cookie on hand:lovestruc! Now, I have to admit, I had a sugar hangover the next day, since I don't usually eat that much sugar, but I did try one of everything:rotfl:! I'd say it's definately something to try at least once - maybe twice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter