MK Firework Dessert Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called yesterday and spoke with a CM about extended dates. As of right now they are not offering it past Aug. But the CM said that due to its popularity he sees it being extended. Hope that's true. We'll be there in Sept.:goodvibes

I called yesterday and spoke with a CM about extended dates. As of right now they are not offering it past Aug. But the CM said that due to its popularity he sees it being extended. Hope that's true. We'll be there in Sept.:goodvibes

Well that's interesting. I had my travel agent call last night to check on availability during our LATE SEPTEMBER trip and she was told that they did extend it through September but it is completely sold out already!!! :confused3:mad: Something doesn't sound right. I wonder if the CM she talked to was still thinking August. My TA seemed surprised because she was never made aware that the party had been extended... if in fact it has.

I have been trying to get in but was told its all sold out and only thru the 28th. It kept trying to book us for the tomorrowland buffet that was on the 23rd instead of the desserts.

I hope someone will cancel so we can get in!!!!!!!!

Well that's interesting. I had my travel agent call last night to check on availability during our LATE SEPTEMBER trip and she was told that they did extend it through September but it is completely sold out already!!! :confused3:mad: Something doesn't sound right. I wonder if the CM she talked to was still thinking August. My TA seemed surprised because she was never made aware that the party had been extended... if in fact it has been.

UPDATE: I have called two different phone numbers and talked to two different CM's and both have said that the Dessert Party has not been extended past August 29th. But it's possible that it will be so they suggest that I keep calling back. Seems like a lot of miscommunication in the land of Disney on this Dessert Party. :confused3 But at any rate, atleast I still have a chance of getting in if they decide to extend it!! :banana:

I called this morning to find out about how long it has been extended. The CM I spoke with could only find dates to the 29th and all were sold out. We are going to MK on the 30th, so I'll be calling daily and hoping they extend it for at least one more night.

I was going to surprise my wife with this (we will be on an anniversary trip without the kids) but when I found out it was sold out, I told her. Hopefully, I'll get to surprise her again. Of course, then I'll have to change my ADR for California Grill, which is currently at 9:15pm.

I called this morning to find out about how long it has been extended. The CM I spoke with could only find dates to the 29th and all were sold out. We are going to MK on the 30th, so I'll be calling daily and hoping they extend it for at least one more night.

I was going to surprise my wife with this (we will be on an anniversary trip without the kids) but when I found out it was sold out, I told her. Hopefully, I'll get to surprise her again. Of course, then I'll have to change my ADR for California Grill, which is currently at 9:15pm.

oh...Good luck pixiedust:

Someone on Aug board is canceling Ress on Aug 28. Don't know if this will help you.

Message as follow

mom2faith

Cancelling Wishes Dessert Party Aug 28 (last day) for 3
Heads up for all!

Just wanted to let you know that I am cancelling my ressie for the fireworks dessert party for 2 adults, 1 child for the last date, Aug 28.

In case anyone else booked August 23, there is NO DESSERT PARTY on Sunday, August 23. I was booked and my credit card was charged. I contacted the allergy line to inform them of my daughters allergy and I got a call back today letting me know that there is no dessert party for that night. The computer system has a few glitches, and this is one of them. If anyone else is booked for this day, please call to change it.

The same thing happened when I tried to get a rezzie, the CM was booking me for a buffet at the restaurant, NOT the dessert buffet.

Thought it was too good to be true ;)

I was nervous and called to confirm and was told everything was fine. Then my cc got charged for the amount of the dessert party so I figured everything was good. I just want to make sure there is no one else out there that may be effected.

:yay: about this new Dessert Party! I have ressies for my birthday on August 22nd, this is way better than a cake!!!! I plan to start the day with the balloon ride DTD and end it with all the dessert I can eat :worship:

The same thing happened when I tried to get a rezzie, the CM was booking me for a buffet at the restaurant, NOT the dessert buffet.

What is this buffet at the restaurant? Which restaurant? Tomorrowland Terrace? If I called and asked for the dessert buffet, is there any chance I got this other buffet meal? I just looked at my checking account and I was charged $76.64 for the 4 of us, so that seems the right price for the dessert buffet?

Maggie

Yeah, I called back last night to see if they extended it beyond the 29th. She booked me for the 30th at 8:50pm and I was very excited, until she told me the total for my credit card was $60+ for two of us. I had her recheck, as the price I had was $17.99 per person. Sure enough, she booked the restuarant buffet, not the Wishes Dessert Buffet. Grrrr.. ;)

The price sounds right to me (I now it was $19.something a person). The days that seem to be a problem are the Sundays in August - if you read some of the websites about it, it shows that the Dessert thing isn't happening on the the 9th, 16th, 23rd. People are saying those days they're running a buffet dinner in the restaurant (Tomorrowland Noodle) instead. However some people are still being charged the dessert price by clueless CM's. The times should be a lot different - dessert times should be like 7:45/8pm (9pm wishes) or an hour later for 10pm wishes. Dinner times were frequently given in the 5-7:30 range.

If you're booked for any of those nights above, I would double and triple check (especially the 23rd, which seems to be the one they're booking double for - the other nights seems like they don't show up on the dessert list at all so no one is getting booked incorrectly for them). If it's not the 23rd, I'm sure you're fine!

The price sounds right to me (I now it was $19.something a person). The days that seem to be a problem are the Sundays in August - if you read some of the websites about it, it shows that the Dessert thing isn't happening on the the 9th, 16th, 23rd. People are saying those days they're running a buffet dinner in the restaurant (Tomorrowland Noodle) instead. However some people are still being charged the dessert price by clueless CM's. The times should be a lot different - dessert times should be like 7:45/8pm (9pm wishes) or an hour later for 10pm wishes. Dinner times were frequently given in the 5-7:30 range.

If you're booked for any of those nights above, I would double and triple check (especially the 23rd, which seems to be the one they're booking double for - the other nights seems like they don't show up on the dessert list at all so no one is getting booked incorrectly for them). If it's not the 23rd, I'm sure you're fine!

Yes, she said they are having the dinner buffet for all Sunday evenings in the month of August and NO DESSERT PARTY on Sunday evenings in August. Your information seems right on. I WAS charged the correct amount of money for a party of 5 at the dessert party so just because that charge is on your CC, does not mean there is a dessert party that evening.

Just want to save people now. When you get there and it is not happening it will be a lot more disappointing than finding out before you even pack your bags.

In case anyone else booked August 23, there is NO DESSERT PARTY on Sunday, August 23. I was booked and my credit card was charged. I contacted the allergy line to inform them of my daughters allergy and I got a call back today letting me know that there is no dessert party for that night. The computer system has a few glitches, and this is one of them. If anyone else is booked for this day, please call to change it.

I've been callng every day for awhile tryign to get a ressie for this nite but nothing's been available. I guess that's why!
The whole system is a MESS w/ this dessert party. At first I was booked on the 23rd, only to find out i wasnt booked there.
SOOOO annoying

Not sure if this should be posted here, but we just did the dessert party last night for DH's birthday. Here is our review:

Location - The location for viewing fireworks is great! You will see all fireworks, plus the millions of ducks that float by near the smoking section on bottom tier for Plaza restaurant, but the most spectacular thing is seeing the real live lady who plays Tinkerbell float on by! Great!!

Set Up/Layout - The layout is not good at all. It's very dark, with small, cramped tables, very crowded, and beyond stifling hot. Each table has a small tent card with family name on it, so that's cute, but some also had some kind of decoration, while others did not. No big deal, as the tables are way too small anyway.

Food/Beverages - The dessert leaves something to be desired, in our opinion. It was a cheesecake festival, and none of us eat that, so they kind of missed the boat on that. Way too much cream based desserts - they were also not able to keep them very chilled as it was extremely humid. Chocolate covered strawberries, although gorgeous, were mushy and warm. There are 2 sides for the same desserts, but despite this, people were still acting like pigs and this was a problem. We had a table right at the table, and we were being crowded - adults were spilling and grabbing, as were kids. You would have thought people hadn't eaten all day. My DH is a dessert lover, and he said he's had much better tasting desserts at other TS meals. Beverages were in fountain dispensers: iced tea, lemonade, water (filtered) and apple juice, as well as coffee/tea. The beverages were all warm and very watered down.

Service - We had to wait in a very long line to check in, but once up there, we were given our wristbands and seated promptly. They were late, so it was a long check in process. There were people still finishing dinner in section next to party, and they were not finishing too quickly as many of them seemed irritated. This was problematic, and all of us in line, noticed this. Besides this, tons of staff, who were constantly replacing desserts and handing out drinks - very attentive to clearing tables as well, but not doing a good job of cleaning floors, and they were slippery in places.

Photopass Photographer - He was set to take photos of families in front of castle. It was nice, but as with most Photopass people, he wasn't that great.

In summary, we are glad we did it, but it was overpriced for what we got. We've eaten at pretty much every TS restaurant multiple times (give or take a few Signatures), so we reviewed based on this. They have a long way to go in regards to check-in, set up and variety & maintenance of food/drinks. Plus, way too many people are crammed into that tiny space. Not sure what they can do about this, besides limit reservations?

It's a nice idea, but it needs some work. We aren't sure if we'll do it again - more than likely not, for the reasons listed. Especially since you have to navigate immense crowds to get out of that area once Wishes is over. We normally don't watch Wishes from this location, so it was nice to see the fireworks that close, but crazy to get out of park at end. Despite this, everyone was very well behaved while leaving, so that was a relief!

I wish magical wishes to those of you trying to get reservations (it was sold out)!

Tiger :)

P.S. We didn't think it was going to go as the lightning strikes were horrible. They still did a great job in setting up, and assuring guests that they were ready, even if the weather cancelled the fireworks. We think Spectro was actually cancelled, so they said dessert still happens, but no fireworks. No refunds, as per cancellation policy.

It's nice to read an honest, unbiased review. We're doing it mostly for the location, and for a chance to meet up with several other DIS and TGM'ers who will all be at the same party. Since we'll be coming directly from dinner at 'Ohana, I think we're going to be pretty full before the party ever starts! ;)

However, my biggest concern is regarding leaving afterwards. It will just be DS16 and I, and if we wanted, we could be poised to take off immediately after the last firework (kind of drift that way at the end). I know we'll get caught in crowds of people on Main Street (but at least we don't have a party of 8 or a stroller or anything), but once we clear the park, Pop has the last bus station, so we can probably pass a lot of people as we (literally) sprint to the bus.

But I'm wondering if the other way would work better. People say that the buffet is open after Wishes still and they don't rush you out. Did you find this to be the case? If so, maybe we'd be a lot happier if we hung out and socialized (since that's why we're going anyways!). Since we won't be that hungry coming in, I may not rush to get there right at the ADR time and spend more time on the rides. Get there and socialize right before Wishes and then after while the park clears. Then go back in a more relaxed fashion. My concern with this is that it sounds like from your review that we'll be incredibly hot and crowded anyway at this point and will just want to get out of there.

Any suggestions anyone?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter