MK - extra hours - 2AM!?!?

Needafix

<font color=blue>I'm trying to make the most of ev
It looks like one of the nights we're at Disney, MK will have extra hours that go until 2am! Is that possible? Park closes officially at 11pm. If so, how many of you have lasted that long? What is your strategy? Is MK crazy busy on those days? What time do you have to be in MK before they won't allow you in for extra hours? We're going with 3 teens and of course they all say they will definitely make it until 2am. I doubt it, but I can't wait to see who makes it.

We're planning on doing DHS in the morning, taking a very extended break, nice dinner and going to MK about 8pm, so we can see Spectro and Wishes, then hang around for the extra hours. Does that make sense?

It looks like one of the nights we're at Disney, MK will have extra hours that go until 2am! Is that possible?

Sure.

Not a bit unusual.

In the summer, there are PM EMH nights that run until 4AM.

We're planning on doing DHS in the morning, taking a very extended break, nice dinner and going to MK about 8pm, so we can see Spectro and Wishes, then hang around for the extra hours. Does that make sense?

Yup. Have fun!!!

Our strategy with teens is to let them sleep in that day. You can get in any time, even after EMH starts if you are eligible to use it (staying on property). The later it gets, the fewer people there are. We've ridden Pirates after 1 a.m. and were the only ones on it. I think it's really fun to be in the park that late. Go for it and have a great time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

When we visited MK was opened until 2AM one day. Needless to say we didn't stay. With little ones in our party we couldn't stay that late. Enjoy your trip!:wizard:

OMG, you can really go in even after EMH begins...that's even more fun, because I'm sure BF will cave and I'll be running around with the kids which will be a total blast. WOW...2AM in MK... and I used to think it was cool just to be one of the last to leave after Wishes and feel like I had the park to myself. I have goosebumps I'm so excited.

I love those nights! DH13 and DNephew16 and DNiece12 live for those kind of nights!
I just love the feel of those late nights in the MK! :goodvibes

Yes you Must experience Fantasyland at 1:30AM! Only the die hard riders make it past 12:30 so stay and enjoy your time.

:banana:

Back in August our 1st night there (9 strong) we stayed until 1am, got back at POP at 2am. 4 adults, 5 kids (16,14,11,10,8) - not bad. :thumbsup2 Was an 18hr day for us considering a 3hr drive to airport in the am and then the flight, and so forth.

I have to say we had 2 of those days while at Disney in March. Every morning they were extending hours for some reason. We decided to "take" on those hours....needless to say it was half way thru our vacation and by 11pm we were so tired we couldn't do it. LOL We sat on the bench in front of the castle for a little over an hour trying to relax and "jump" start us...but nope didn't work. We headed out of MK a little after midnight. But it was fun trying. ;)

Our method with our kids, (now 6 and 9, but were younger when we did it) was to go to a park in the AM. Leave around lunchtime, swim, nap till 7 or 8 PM, eat a nice TS dinner and hit the MK at around 9 or 10.

I remember getting a Dole Whip at 1:30 AM. THe CM's behind the counter were pretty much twiddling their thumbs. We were the only people in Adventureland.

Tonight (Dec 31) DHS is open until Midnight for all Guests. It will then have "Evening" EMH until 3:00am for Resort Guests. (I worked DHS 7:00am to 1:00pm today.)

I love when MK is open that late! That's really the only park with evening EMH that I will bother with since the masses don't converge as much on one or two attractions like at the other parks.
It will be the busiest park that day because the EMH park(s) are usually the busiest, but after the last Spectromagic parade, the park will pretty much clear out and between 1:00 and 2:00 AM, you will pretty much have the park to yourself. Just make sure that everyone gets a good rest in in the middle of the day (just like you planned) and your night at MK will be fantastic!

i've been in the park until 3 am (well, even a little after since that's just when the rides stopped). it was amazingly empty after 2 am, pretty much everything was a walk-on.

i was second to last to ride on pirates (a CM was last, but several boats behind mine), and stayed on HM for like 3 or 4 runs. the CMs openly allowed me to use my flash on the dark rides since I was the only one on them at the time. was quite an experience. i'd jump at the chance if i could do it again.

Be warned though, at least IMO, frontierland is just like it probably was back then. DARK DARK DARK.. I mean, again, IMO borderline unsafe dark. But yea, one night I think EMH was til 1 or 2 and that was couple of years ago, middle of december, and the crowds were none. I think it was a 'make up' for having the MVMCP 3 times a week or something like that.

I have done it many years with my little sister when she 7,8,9,10, and 11 and it is great, cause we just slept in till 2 or 3 in the afternoon and woke up got ready and went to MK, had a nice dinner. It was really easy to get ressies at that time too and we stayed all night. We actually rode SM so many times in a row one year my sister tells everyone it was 30, but I think it was much less, but didnt even make us get off the ride we just stayed on and kept riding over and over again. As Im sure you already guess it is my sisters favorite ride, but yes it is so worth staying so late. We loved it. :-)

WooHoo!!! You're all getting me soooo excited. I can't wait! Thanks for the responses!!!

WE love late nights at MK. Our DD is a late nighter, and can handle it as long as she can sleep in the next day. In fact I wish the parks were open that late more often becuase we can never get an early start, but can hang late. I have so much adrenaline going while I am there, that I can barely sleep the whole trip anyways. LOL!

I haven't ever stayed until 2am but am planning to on January 17. Even at some earlier closing hours, I have enjoyed the feeling of being among the last at MK. My plan for 1/17 is to have lunch at 50's PTC, go back to room and rest, hit MK whenever we feel like it in the evening and stay until closing. I've got a brunch around 11am scheduled to start the next day. This is only possible for us because this will be a trip for DW and me without the kids.

Late EMH are this families favorite! While I work with little children and love interacting with them in Disney the rest of my family really dislikes my talking to and my watching and enjoying the way the little one's experience Disney. So late EMH means that no little one should be in the park and my kids get my completly undivided attention. My plan for EMH in March is to arrive in Disney from stay in Daytona, check in and then head over to Epcot, return to resort when room is ready and have a nap....yes my teens will nap if it means late EMH's, go out for dinner off-site, then head over to MK around 8 pm. Plan for the next day is sleep late..that means around 9am for me,then do it all again for HS late EMH's

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter