MK Extra Evening Hours December 15th?

antmaril

DIS Veteran
My sister and I are going to WDW in December. As I've never been to Disney at Christmas, I definitely want to see the Magic Kingdom at night. December 15th works best for us and it is an Extra Magic Hours day (Evening Hours). Any idea how busy the park will be on this day? We won't stay late. I just want to have dinner, see the decorations and enjoy the ambiance.

Thanks for your thoughts.

The rule-of-thumb for PM EMH is that if you want to deal with fewer people,
stay later.

Well yes, that's usually the case. However, we did an evening EMH on a Friday night in August where MK was open for EMH until 2am. We left at 1:30 and there was no sign of any easing of the crowd. We had a great time nonetheless! Hopefully, a December evening EMH will be better crowd-wise.

I was planning on hopping over to MK on this night too...it's our arrival day so I want to see my favorite park for a little. Somehow I don't think the "staying later" rule will apply as the park is only going to be open until 11 since it's December.

I was planning on hopping over to MK on this night too...it's our arrival day so I want to see my favorite park for a little. Somehow I don't think the "staying later" rule will apply as the park is only going to be open until 11 since it's December.

It virtually always applies.

It just varies by degree.

Granted a 3AM closing will offer a greater chance for more guests to leave, but any 3 hour EMH will see guests diminish by the hour.

There are many guests who exit "early" during the PM EMH to get a "head start" on the buses (or that their little ones back to sleep earlier.)

We did evening EMH last December, and it wasn't empty, but it wasn't crowded. By 11pm, we and a couple of families were the only ones on Main Street. I love MK EMH, now if it were Chrsitmas week, then I'm not so sure. But last year around the same time was awesome. We rode everything in Fantasyland at least once, POTC, and Jungle Cruise. For our family it is definitely worth it. But we don't stay from morning until night. We usually arrive around 6pm, then stay until 11pm.

Good luck! Hope to see you all there!:thumbsup2

That is a great time to visit. I normally never recommend an Evening EMH, but the crowds will be super low at that time, so I say go for it.

We were there on Monday for EMH. We really enjoyed the evening, although we were not planning on doing any rides. I was glad as the lines were horendous. After Wishes there was a wall of people heading for Tomorrrowland, I was glad we were heading in a different direction. We did not stay too late though, as we had an early morning flight on Tues :[

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter