• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK electrical parade and wishes

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
I just read and that the electrical parade is ending in October and I'm so sad. I was looking forward to sharing it with my 4 year old in February. What will be taking its place (if anything)? Will the electrical parade still exist on the water? Thank you!

While the Main Street Electrical Parade is coming to an end, I haven't heard anything that suggests the Electrical Water Pageant is ending.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/

There are rumors that Disney's Paint the Night Parade will be moving from Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom in Florida, which has a lot of people really excited. (Being from California, I'm kind of sad to see it go.) But it is just a rumor...
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/entertainment/disneyland/paint-the-night-parade/

I will assume that there will be no announcement until closer to the MSEP's ending, rather than have this news steal MSEP's spotlight right now.

Whatever happens, have a really great trip with your kid!

Last edited:
There's currently no word on another parade replacing it. And no word the water parade is going away

While the Main Street Electrical Parade is coming to an end, I haven't heard anything that suggests the Electrical Water Pageant is ending.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/

There are rumors that Disney's Paint the Night Parade will be moving from Disneyland to the Magic Kingdom in Florida, which has a lot of people really excited. (Being from California, I'm kind of sad to see it go.) But it is just a rumor...
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/entertainment/disneyland/paint-the-night-parade/

I will assume that there will be no announcement until closer to the MSEP's ending, rather than have this news steal MSEP's spotlight right now.

Whatever happens, have a really great trip with your kid!

PTN is not coming to WDW.

What happens with Celebrate the Magic in October when the crane moves in to prepare the castle for Christmas? Also, what about Wishes ?

The crane is already in place and CtM and Wishes continue with their regular schedule.

Because it's staying at DLR and is going to be running after the short run of MSEP. WDW even officially said they will NOT be getting it.

All I have seen mentioned was that it is not going to WDW. To me, that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to run again at DLR and could mean that it would go somewhere else. Or it could mean the blog post wasn't entirely accurate. I think it said something like "At this time there are no plans for PTN to go to WDW." Doesn't mean there won't be plans tomorrow.

I'm going to miss the electrical parade so much. I'm sad it's going to be gone. I'll get to see it one last time in September

All I have seen mentioned was that it is not going to WDW. To me, that doesn't necessarily mean it's going to run again at DLR and could mean that it would go somewhere else. Or it could mean the blog post wasn't entirely accurate. I think it said something like "At this time there are no plans for PTN to go to WDW." Doesn't mean there won't be plans tomorrow.

I've read somewhere (I can't remember where right now) that it was going to be doing a run after it's refurb at DLR and was not going anywhere.

Thanks for clarification, all. I agree with the way you interpret it. If I were in charge of marketing, I would probably keep quiet about PTN coming to WDW even if it were true. You want to promote the heck out of MSEP's final run to maximize visits now (including locals). Not saying I have any idea of what's going to happen. It seems quite likely that there will be a replacement nighttime parade at some point.

I've read somewhere (I can't remember where right now) that it was going to be doing a run after it's refurb at DLR and was not going anywhere.

If you remember where you saw that, I would love to read it. I haven't heard anything specific like that.

My guess is there'll be no nighttime parade again, it fits in well with their current philosophy to run the parks as cheaply as possible. Just like with Animal Kingdom's lack of nighttime show or later hours in the near future

Disney is very sneaky in the way they word things...this is what Disney says:
"At this time, there are no plans to bring “Paint the Night” to Walt Disney World Resort."
Also, some CM (that work with entertainment and floats storage) have said that PtN is coming to WDW but not until next year, maybe April...so until we hear a definite no or a yes we really don't know

So I apologize if there is another post like this....I have been on travel for a few weeks and not near a computer.

While I was gone I learned that the electrical parade was leaving Disney world. I almost feel like a piece of my own childhood is disappearing. I loved seeing that parade. And now my children won't be able to see this.

Last year I got to see the Osbourne lights cause I had never seen them...never knew what they were till we even started planning a trip in Dec. While amazing I am glad it was never a tradition for me cause than I wouldn't feel bad for my own kids.

But the electrical parade....am I the only one who feels this way? I almost don't want to go to disney again cause that is leaving. (ok maybe a bit dramatic but part of me says the changes are a little too much)

Maybe they'll bring back spectromagic ;) I was just happy it came back, so I'm OK with it leaving again.

I can understand that nostalgia is a big thing for people, but as someone who didn't see the parade for the first time until she was 28 (in 2014), I was very struck by how dated it looked. Then I saw the footage of Paint the Night from DL and without the nostalgia factor it feels like the MSEP is the poor brother compared to it.

Personally, I think it's time for something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter