MK Ceremonies

alimomof3

Earning My Ears
Hi - I'm going in 2 weeks and plan to be at the MK at park opening which is 7am for EMH. With this early of an opening - when should I expect the ceremonies to be? at 7am or a little before. If my tush is going to be up that early I'm certainly not going to miss those. Will they open the gates early when the park opens so early and make us wait at the rope or will we be coming through the turnstyles at 7am? I figured this is not the norm with it opening at 7am (only peak seasons) so I thought I'd get some feedback from those who have been at park opening that early on how they handle it.

TIA
Ali

They will allow you through the turnstiles at about 6:40ish, bag check will be open before then. They will hold everyone outside the trian station until the opening takes place (I think it starts about 10 minutes before the posted time). It doesn't matter when it actually opens, the opening ritual is the same everyday.

alimomof3 said:
Hi - I'm going in 2 weeks and plan to be at the MK at park opening which is 7am for EMH. With this early of an opening - when should I expect the ceremonies to be? at 7am or a little before.

The following will take care of any worry you may have at ANY morning opening time (EMH or not) at any Disney Theme Park.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Always be at the ticket-reader/gates 20 to 30 minutes before the scheduled opening time (EMH or not)."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following this rule will make sure you see opening ceremonies and/or be there when the managers decide to "open early".
So get up early, go to the park early and be ready.

:thumbsup2

dawgsgirl said:
I'm not so sure they do the park opening thing for EMH.

Oh yes, they absolutely DO the full opening on EMH days.

Both at MK and DAK.

And on those EMH mornings, I'm not so sure that they even do it at all for the REGUALR guests.
(We're always way back in the parks having a blast by that time.)

Yepper, Robo is right. They do the Opening Ceremony for EMH at MK. I love it & make sure I see it at least once a trip on an early entry day.
I don't think they do it at regular opening time on an early entry day either. Like Robo said, I'm too deep in the Magic by then to know.

Thanks All -

I'm going to aim to leave the GF by 6:15. Should get us there in time. We are only getting up early 1 day of our 8 day vacation (5 days at the beach, 3 in WDW). I think I can do it.. Keep convincing myself I have no choice but to do it my toddlers will really love riding those Fantasyland rides and I just don't think it'll be fun if we have to wait an hour plus lines later in the afternoon....

Thanks for filling me in this is our first disney trip....

texnmickey said:
What is the Ceremony Like? Will my four year old niece like it?

Considering I have not met your niece, I can't tell you her level of enjoyment for these things.

But the ceremony is full of singing, dancing, and Disney charaters.
Mickey Mouse and his friends (and a "real live" family, chosen from the earliest arrivals at the front gates that morning) all come chugging in on the steam train and help welcome everyone to the MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter