• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK - Arriving for Early Morning Hours..can i get on all these rides?

lisaross

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to plan a day when there is Early Morning Hours and then staying till after lunch - can i get all these rides in you think?

OK Early Morning Hours hit

Splash Mountain
Big Thundermountain Railroad
Fantasyland rides that are open

then at park opening hit

Mickey' Philamagic
Pirates of the Caribbean
Enchanted Tiki Room
Country bear jamboree
Swiss Treehouse

either lunch at Cosmic Rays or Peco bills

After lunch hit Epcot and come back to MK another day to hit the rest of the rides..

What do you think?

I'm trying to plan a day when there is Early Morning Hours and then staying till after lunch - can i get all these rides in you think?

Splash Mountain

then at park opening hit

Mickey' Philamagic
Pirates of the Caribbean
Enchanted Tiki Room
Country bear jamboree
Swiss Treehouse

After lunch hit Epcot and come back to MK another day to hit the rest of the rides..

What do you think?

You don't say how many fantastyland rides you're going to do...this could make a big difference.

But if you do say, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and then one other, I think you can definitely do it.

As soon as you get in, I would hop over to Spash or Big Thunder and get a fastpass for one, ride the other and then head over to Fantasyland and get those rides in.

You can also work it so you get a fastpass (like for Philharmagic or another fantasyland ride, or even one of the mountains after you ride one) before your lunch & then you could ride that ride after you're done eating

My best advice is to do Philharmagic in the afternoon when its hot out.. its a nice sit and air conditioned, same with Carousel of Progress and Hall of Presidents, when it reopens next month.

You can usually get all of Fantasy Land done within an hour if its park opening, after EMH is something I havent done, but I would assume you would be ok. We just got back yesterday, and I can tell you that Pooh was one of the longer lines in the morning. Peter Pan was the longest in the afternoon.

We headed right to Fantasyland and did Peter Pan, Snow White, Pooh and IASW, then to Splash. Didn't do BTMR because DD doesn't do coasters. I would grab a fast pass for that. Pirates is easy to get on. We went 3 times that day with no wait.

That was our first time doing EMH and I can actually get more in when it isn't one.
Then I head to Fantasyland, do all I want and do HM and PotC all in an hour or so.

I want to try and do as many rides as i can during the Early Morning Hours - excluding Dumbo and Carosel as my kids are too big for that..I also want the least running back and forth..trying to make it as relaxing as possible!

This day we want to leave the park after lunch and hit Epcot. We will be back another night to see Spectro and Wishes, so we will hit somerides that night as well and also our last day at Disney we will be spending it at MK!

I'm hoping to hit the rides that are open during the morning hours and hit those rides again on our last day so..thats my plan!

Which rides that are open during early morning hours do you think are usually the most crowded during the day and the best to hit that 1st hour?

Splash Mountain

then at park opening hit

Mickey' Philamagic
Pirates of the Caribbean
Enchanted Tiki Room
Country bear jamboree
Swiss Treehouse

What do you think?

I am going to say no you can't get all that done in the first hour of the park's opening even with it being early entry.

If you start at Splash and BTMR - you will easily eat up a half an hour - Splash Mountain is close to 10 minutes long once you get on the ride - factor in walking to the ride from the rope drop and then through the queue -- even walking fast and getting right on its going to take up 20 minutes. Then over to BTMR and on and off - that will eat up another 10 assuming little or no wait.

If you want to do Dumbo you are all ready behind time wise as the queue for that fills fast. Other rides open during EMH are Peter Pan (whose line will be building). IASW, the Caruousel, Snow White and Winnie the Pooh should be ok.

At any rate it all can't be done in that first hour due to lines with the headliners and length of rides (Splash and IASW in particular).

Liz

I would ride the Fantasyland attractions first. Go to Peter Pan first as that line will get long fast. After PP, you should be able to knock out the other dark rides (Pooh and Snow White). If you're running out of EMH time, save IASW and Philharmagic for before lunch or a different day.

DH says that FPs won't be available during EMH. So, after Fantasyland, with EMH time remaining, head to Frontierland and ride BTM stand-by - hopefully wait time is 20 minutes or less. Then, you can get SM FPs after riding BTM. Go back to Fantasyland for IASW and Philharmagic, then use your SM FPs. Eat an early lunch at Pecos Bill's (11:00). Proceed to rest of itinerary.

I consider Swiss Family Treehouse, Country Bears, and Tiki Room anytime attractions. You should be able to walk right into those. You will have to wait for Country Bears and Tiki Room if you arrive after a show has started.

In the past when we have went to EMH in the morning at MK, Frontierland did not open until the general opening time, perhaps this has changed? :confused3

OK how does this look:

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion (if this is open during early morning)
Splash mtg
TMR
Pirates
Tiki
Tree house
Lunch Cosmic Rays
Monsters Inc.

Then hit Epcot..

We just did MK early EMHs last Thursday 6/11, and I was surprized how crowded it was. We headed straight to Dumbo, then went on Peter Pan then Pooh, then Snow White. Peter Pan and Pooh had a 15min wait. Snow White was around 10min. So I think it will take a little bit longer than you think.

I would suggest hitting Splash and BTM first and getting them out of the way. Grab fast passes on your way out.

Hi!

All of my trips are in the summer August or July to be exact and rope drop is very very busy. Below is an extraction my my last touring plan we managed to complete everything here and have lunch by 11:30 a.m. ( to avoid lunch time crowd) and get back to the hotel by 12:45 for a swim and nap....Hope this can help...good luck. By the way I know you mentioned you wanted a relax touring day but I was actaully the runner for my group and so instead of riding PP I went to get FP for BT.....Obviously you can skip Dumbo so go to the next attraction...

Rope Drop head straight to:
Dumbo
Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Snow White
Cinderella's Carousel
Buzz Lightyear
Goofy Coaster ( this was as soon as Toon Town opened at 10) We saved Characters for another day.....
Train to Frontierland
Ride Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion (lunch at Peco Bills)
Alladin
Big Thunder
Mickey's Phillarmagic

I want to try and do as many rides as i can during the Early Morning Hours - excluding Dumbo and Carosel as my kids are too big for that..I also want the least running back and forth..trying to make it as relaxing as possible!

This day we want to leave the park after lunch and hit Epcot. We will be back another night to see Spectro and Wishes, so we will hit somerides that night as well and also our last day at Disney we will be spending it at MK!

I'm hoping to hit the rides that are open during the morning hours and hit those rides again on our last day so..thats my plan!

Which rides that are open during early morning hours do you think are usually the most crowded during the day and the best to hit that 1st hour?

Just noticed you are from SI...So am I originally from New Brighton living in the Cayman Islands....Have fun on your trip!

OK how does this look:

Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion (if this is open during early morning)
Splash mtg
TMR
Pirates
Tiki
Tree house
Lunch Cosmic Rays
Monsters Inc.

Then hit Epcot..

Peter Pan will probably have more demand than Winnie the Pooh, so I would hit it first.

I would leave Haunted Mansion till later (although yes, it is open during morning EMH now), and go straight to Splash and BTMR right after Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. Maybe grab a Fast Pass for the one with the longer wait (the Fast Pass machines should be in operation), and ride the other one. (Or maybe you will do both standby if it's still EMH, cause the Adventureland stuff won't be open yet.)

Then Pirates, Tiki, and Tree House. Then back to Splash or BTMR, using Fast Pass (unless you were able to do both during EMH), and Haunted Mansion on your way to the other side of the park for Cosmic Rays.

I think you'll easily be to Cosmic Rays by noon, probably earlier.

Cayman Islands...pretty far move from Staten Island..

I'm originally from Brooklyn, been living here on the island for about 12 years - live in Eltingville!

Just noticed you are from SI...So am I originally from New Brighton living in the Cayman Islands....Have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter