MK and EPCOT Photo Session Locations

jshora

Mouseketeer
Okay, so we are doing both MK and EPCOT photo sessions.

For our MK Session:

I've seen a lot of pictures of couples around the castle and in teacups in the MK but I was wondering if people had pictures taken elsewhere (Frontierland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, elsewhere in Fantasyland). Where did you get your pictures taken and can I see them?

For our EPCOT Session:

We were asked to focus on 1 or 2 countries. Where have people done their EPCOT pictures? I'd love to see some pictures if possible?

As far as MK, I've seen pics by the Haunted Mansion and pics in front of Splash Mountain.

At my shoot we did not have time for anything more than the castle, the carousel and Main St though.

I know that there are a number of brides who have had pics in Morocco that are gorgeous. I think the colors there make for beautiful pictures.

Have you tried searching through some PJs and TRs? Also on the DFAP site, they have samples of Epcot shoots. You can look through those to see some different countries.

DH and I are having a casual Epcot shoot when we are at Disney over Christmas and are going to shoot for Canada, Japan and Morocco.

Do you know if you are limited to just the Showcase? One of our favorite spots is the jumping water by Journey Into Imagination. We'd love to get some shots with the water jumping over us! :)

I think it is limited to the world showcase because the pictures are taken before that part of the park opens to guests. However, it can never hurt to ask. The worst they'll tell you is no.

We are having a Magic Kingdom photo shoot the day after our wedding and plan on having pictures taken in/around the castle, the teacups, and the Haunted Mansion. :cutie: I think I remember seeing some pictures taken around the Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean as well.

Thanks so much for all the tips. Our MK and EPCOT photo shoot is 9/17. We are for sure doing Morroco but not sure of which other countries. For MK, aside from the castle, we haven't even thought that far so now we have some good things to think about before our wedding.

We had an MK shoot and we did the castle, carousel, and Haunted Mansion...we also stopped along the way at a few locations.

PH217960211-0281.jpg

PH217960211-0280.jpg

PH217960211-0277.jpg

PH217960211-0276.jpg

PH217960211-0275.jpg

PH217960211-0274.jpg

PH217960211-0273.jpg

PH217960211-0272-1.jpg

PH217960211-0271.jpg

PH217960211-0266-1.jpg

Whoa...sorry, that's a lot of large pictures. Anyway, hope it helps a little bit! We were pretty much told three spots: Castle, and two others so we picked the carousel and Haunted Mansion. But Regina scouted out little nooks all along the way. I've seen Big Thunder pictures, they were awesome!

For those that are doing both the MK and another location (epcot for example) do they have you doing both on the same day? How does it all fit timing wise in the morning?
We booked our MK shoot and they said they are picking us up at 6:15am, does this mean another location would be after this one is done?
Thanks!

For those that are doing both the MK and another location (epcot for example) do they have you doing both on the same day? How does it all fit timing wise in the morning?
We booked our MK shoot and they said they are picking us up at 6:15am, does this mean another location would be after this one is done?
Thanks!

Yes...that's what would happen. We have an MK and EPCOT shoot the day afer our wedding. They are picking us up at 6:15 for MK..then we move on to EPCOT after that. Certainly a lot to do the day after the wedding, but would rather have both shoots in the same day than to have to get dressed again for a 2nd shoot on a different day. Wish you the best..hope it goes well.

Thanks for all this info. We're planning on doing the MK and Epcot photos as well, and I was wondering if it'd be a possibility to do both on the same day. The major benefit would obviously be that the hair and makeup would be done by a professional. Huge downfall - I have fibromyalgia and get tired easily. *sigh* Decisions, decisions ;)

We had an MK shoot and we did the castle, carousel, and Haunted Mansion...we also stopped along the way at a few locations.

PH217960211-0281.jpg

PH217960211-0280.jpg

PH217960211-0277.jpg

PH217960211-0276.jpg

I always loved your photos from your PJ. I want to have photos around the HM when we do our shoot. I hope they look as good as yours :goodvibes

I love those Haunted Mansion shots! Fantastic!

I really love the idea of some pictures by the Jungle Ride as that ride holds a sentimental place in my heart. Does anyone know of any TR that have pictures there?

We're actually doing our EPCOT session the day before our wedding in formal attire, but not our wedding attire. Then we're doing our MK session the morning of the wedding. We're going to treat our EPCOT as a trial run for our MK session and do it more as a "Honeymoon" session (even though we won't be married yet) than a Bridal session.

I did sessions at MK and DHS. I also got pictures in Italy as we had the Ceremony there, pictures also in Germany and Japan.

MK- We did photos at the Castle and the Pirates of the Caribbean.pirate: I wanted to do more but we were held up for 2 reasons- 1. We were ten minutes late out of the room. The Contemporary had construction at the California Grill ALL NIGHT LONG!! I got an hour of sleep before we went to our session. I looked so tired and didn't even get all my jewelry on. They moved us to the Grand Floridian for the rest of our trip. 2. They were getting ready for the President to visit the Hall of Presidents or something as his Audio Anamatronic Figure's unveiling was a few days away and there were people in our way and stuff.
The POTC was cool and we have a great shot of us under the "Yo Ho Yo Ho" wlecome sign.

DHS- We did photos at the Star Wars Star Tours ride. It was my idea as I love Star Wars. We got some really funny shots. I'm sure I'm one of the only Brides who have pictures in their dress riding a Speeder Bike.
I really wanted pictures by the Sorcerer's Hat but the park was opening and they wouldn't let us. I'm still kind of sour as our sessions were not an hour long and it wasn't really our faults.

We got married in Italy at Epcot so we took pictures there before and after the ceremony and they let us take photos in Japan also. Japan was great as the waterfall Koi pond is just beautiful. We took pictures on the bridge with the lanterns in the background. Really pretty place to do photos. I also got pictures in Germany for me, the Bridal party and my Dad as the place we were supposed to wait, Tutto Italia, was locked and no one had the key. It was cool as we got shots by Der Teddybar (I own a toy store) and other places and my Dad is German so it meant a lot to him. It was hot though and we were uncomfortbale but hey it was worth the extra location I guess.

My advice- make sure your hotel isn't doing construction and if it is, ask at the front desk if your room is near it. You want to get as much sleep as you can because you have to get up early. And with the MK, don't worry about the water everywhere (they water the flowers in the morning) on the ground by the Castle as Photography said they can get the water out of the pictures.

I will post pictures as soon as I am allowed and when I figure out how to do it.

Here's the MK ones...Remember I had like no sleep and no time to get ready, so I don't look that great:sad1:

PH153910609--1025.jpg

PH153910609--1028.jpg

PH153910609--1029.jpg

PH153910609--1010.jpg

PH153910609--1033.jpg

PH153910609--1041.jpg

PH153910609--1045.jpg

PH153910609--1048.jpg

MEEEEP. I am so freaken excited about the Star Tours photos. I want themmmm.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter