MK, AK and Epcot with 3 yo and 5 month old

Piixxii

Earning My Ears
We are planning our trip to WDW with my dd (3) and my ds (5 months). Does anyone have any feedback, suggestions or experiences to relate of going on rides with my 5 month old. Not many of the guide books address infants and rides. We are only planning on going on the rides/attractions that are appropriate for my very brave dd, she is pretty fearless, but only 37 inches tall. Any information would be appreciated for our planning purposes. We are Disney obsessed and very excited!!:bounce:

I've been twice with a 6 month old. Both trips were pretty easy. Be sure to use the baby stations and pack extra clothes, bibs, burp cloths, etc. in your bag for the day. We used a back pack and it worked great. We did bring our own stroller for the baby. It was more comfortable and the ones at MK and Epcot are hard plastic and don't recline. Both trips the 6 month old slept in the stroller and we were in the parks from open to after the fireworks. However, we went during November so heat was not an issue. The last trip we also had a 2 1/2 DD along with the 6 month old DS. We took DS on the rides our DD could ride- everything in Fantasyland. Pretty much, the baby can go on anything that doesn't have height restrictions. Also I found the 2 1/2 yr to be scared of the Snow White ride and the baby didn't even notice- too young to be scared I guess. Have a great trip! Just remember to be patient and go with the flow. Even though we are commandos, we did know that the plan may not work all the time and it didn't. We also traveled with my family and had lots of help!:D

The heat will probably be the biggest factor for concern. I hope you are staying on property so you can take frequent breaks, on the monorail would be best. Otherwise just be prepared to take it at a slow pace and remember if you don't get to do everything you wanted it's a good excuse for another trip later.;)

Having taken our son to WDW since he was 6 months old (9 trips in all). wehave found that a small infant is a lot easier to travel with. At 5 months old you will be able to take your child on many attractions and since they haven't learned FEAR yet, they should be alright on all of them. I will try to provide a more complete answer in the very near furute, must help the son with Finding Nemo game now. LOL!:p

Hi,
I took my 5 mos. ds and 4 yr ds in March. The heat was definitely a factor for the little one, he was not used to it and cranky. We utililized the baby centers to just sit, relax and cool down. Each park has one. The monorail is also great to sit and ride in air conditioning. You can eat lunch at a sit down restuarant and cool off too. The liberty tree tavern at MK is good for that. In Epcot you can be inside at The Land, Innoventions, etc. I found I needed to keep him in the shade and ac as much as possible. Also make sure he drinks enough fluids in the heat. As for rides, he went on everything my 4 yr. old did except the teacups. He also enjoyed all the shows. We're going again in June and I read here to get a clip on fan for the baby's stroller. Then cover the whole stroller with a blanket when they nap with the fan on. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter