• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK after fireworks

misscassiecass

Earning My Ears
We are staying at the movies resort. Would it be quicker to take the monorail or boat to a resort and hop on a bus to Movies? rather than waiting in a long line for buses??

The only buses at MK going directly to your resort are at the bus stops. If you go to another resort or TTC, you will need to go to Downtown Disney and then get a bus to your resort.

We found the fireworks to be one of those moments that was not all it's cracked up to be with our kids. They were really loud and both our daughters freaked out. After we survived that, it was like being part of a herd of cattle to get out - not good, they then moved to crying from being stepped on.

They are older and I hope will do better this time - because, selfishly, I love fireworks - but we decided to make a dinner reservation at Kona our first night and watch the fireworks from the beach after. I'm hoping it will be both less loud for them and also easier to get to the TTC after.

Maybe an option to consider?

We found the fireworks to be one of those moments that was not all it's cracked up to be with our kids. They were really loud and both our daughters freaked out. After we survived that, it was like being part of a herd of cattle to get out - not good, they then moved to crying from being stepped on.

They are older and I hope will do better this time - because, selfishly, I love fireworks - but we decided to make a dinner reservation at Kona our first night and watch the fireworks from the beach after. I'm hoping it will be both less loud for them and also easier to get to the TTC after.

Maybe an option to consider?

Keep in mind that if you're relying on Disney transportation, you will not be able to get a bus to your resort from the TTC.

We are staying at the movies resort. Would it be quicker to take the monorail or boat to a resort and hop on a bus to Movies? rather than waiting in a long line for buses??

You know this is one of those hit and miss things with lines and waiting after the fireworks. One time I was LITERALLY the only person at the bus stop and the bus took me ALONE to All Stars. I left immediately after the fireworks because I was not feeling well and my family stayed.

Other times there have been scary long lines and in minutes three buses pull up and we are out of there.

And a few times we have had to wait.

I would definitely not take the time to take transportation elsewhere to get a bus to the resort.

You would have to go to either another theme park that will possibly be letting out huge lines of guests at the same time (or by the time you got there) or you would have to go to DTD to catch a bus and that would just be ridiculous.

Seriously by the time you got to where you were going to catch another bus you would be back to your resort, in your jammies and relaxing.

Liz

Keep in mind that if you're relying on Disney transportation, you will not be able to get a bus to your resort from the TTC.

Yes - sorry, we have a rental car - my bad on the directions! Got caught up in flashbacks to screaming girls and fireworks...

The only buses at MK going directly to your resort are at the bus stops. If you go to another resort or TTC, you will need to go to Downtown Disney and then get a bus to your resort.
Psst! (nitpicking) TTC is not a bus transfer point for Downtown Disney. If you got there you would have to take the monorail (or walk) to the Polynesian to get a DTD bus. Or return to Magic Kingdom or Epcot to get a bus to a resort not on the monorail line.

Truly, the lines for the other forms of transportation can be just as long or longer than the buses, and as other posters have said, you will have to wait for a bus to DTD, then wait for another bus to your resort.
That being said, I don't understand why everyone has to make the mad dash to the exit right after the fireworks. DD and I were there during a very busy time the week of March 1st this year. We just do as we always do - stand and enjoy the lights on the castle and the music out of the way and watch everyone else frantically trying to get out. Once the thickest crowds thin around us, we wander over to Adventureland or Frontierland and just find a bench, or a store, or a snack and just enjoy the park's ambiance for about 30-40 min. Then we can stroll with full strides instead of shuffling out to our bus and not have much of a wait at all!

I luck out, since I stay at POR. DTD hub becomes a nice option for those late nights after fireworks at MK and Epcot. I usually walk over to the closest resort and then pick up the first DTD bus. From there it is a short walk to the pier for the water taxi. They run every 10 minutes after 4 pm, so it is quicker for me that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter