Mixed Martial Arts / Kimbo Slice on CBS tonight...

Papa Deuce

<font color="red">BBQ loving, fantasy football pla
anybody watching?

I enjoy watching MMA... but this Kimbo Slice dude is just a bad choice to represent this organization.

I'll watch at least some of it.

I'll be watching - I'm thinking it'll be a pretty short fight, Thompson is pretty washed up. But the undercard fights should actually be worth watching.

Slice only has 2 pro-fights under his belt and EliteXC is kinda lame - he wouldn't stand a chance against a good UFC fighter.

I am looking forward to the Urijah Faber/Jens Pulver fight tomorrow, Faber is a great fighter, so is Pulver.

Kimbo Slice is not a real MMA fighter, he's just a street fighter who's fought a couple of tomato cans and has-beens. He'd get picked apart by any top heavyweight.

I agree that tomorrow's fight between Faber and Pulver is the one I'm really looking forward to. That should be outstanding.

Kimbo Slice is not a real MMA fighter, he's just a street fighter who's fought a couple of tomato cans and has-beens. He'd get picked apart by any top heavyweight.

I agree that tomorrow's fight between Faber and Pulver is the one I'm really looking forward to. That should be outstanding.

Unless he got in a punch... he's freakishly strong from what I've seen.

DH is still watching. I mostly just wanted to see Gina Carano. Glad she won. We both agree that UFC is wayyyyyyyyyyy better. DH says Kimbo isn't even all that good, they just always put him up against sucky people so he'll look awesome. I have no idea of the validity of that statement just writing what DH said. Give me Rampage Jackson, Tito Ortiz, Silva, BJ Penn, Forrest Griffen and that brood anyday over these guys.

Rampage is my MAN!!!

Unless he got in a punch... he's freakishly strong from what I've seen.

He does have a very strong punch so he'll always have a punchers chance but I still think most top heavies would pick him apart pretty easily once they took him down. In fact the only street fight that he "lost" was against someone who had only limited MMA experience.

Angelhalo, I agree w/ your DH, Kimbo is definitely being protected. So far he fought a nobody and Tank Abbott who is wayyyy past his prime. Tonight his opponent was KO'd by the guy who won the first fight.

Anyone else think the girls did much better than the boys till the last match? To the untrained MMA eye it seemed as though as soon as the men broke a sweat the match was called. The women.... one was half dead and they let it go. I felt bad for the guy in the last match. Didn't quite get why they called that one when they did. He was really hanging in there. Enjoyed it.

Kimbo got lucky - he was at the edge of exhaustion when that fight got called. I think that was a really bad call by the ref.

And Thompson's ear is disgusting!!!

We watched it tonight too. OMG that ear bursting "alien" was disgusting! I'm not sure how Kimbo would have done if the fight had gone on til the end.

Lame call on both of the last fights. How can you have extreme fighting without allowing any blood? Ridiculous.

The fight tomorrow night should be a good one. Faber looks ready to fight, and Pulver seems to be in great shape, too. Baby Jay's the best fighter out there right now, though. He looks unbeatable at this weight, but I'm not sure how he'd fare if he decides to fight up a class. What does everybody think about the blood licking? It's a little too like the WWF circus, IMO.

anybody watching?

I enjoy watching MMA... but this Kimbo Slice dude is just a bad choice to represent this organization.

I'll watch at least some of it.

No one would dream of watching Elite XC if not for Kimbo. Why is he a bad choice?

No one would dream of watching Elite XC if not for Kimbo. Why is he a bad choice?

He's a boxer with no mat skills. If they're trying to start an MMA organization to compete with WEC and UFC, they need to find actual talent. I'll skip the next XC fight, even if it's free instead of Pay per View.

He's a boxer with no mat skills. If they're trying to start an MMA organization to compete with WEC and UFC, they need to find actual talent. I'll skip the next XC fight, even if it's free instead of Pay per View.

Exactly....except I'm not even sure he is a boxer... more of a brawler..... Now if I was promoting a Toughman exhibition, then Kimbo would be my poster child.

My husband and I watched it. Big MMA/UFC fans here. Free on major network=groundbreaking. I remember writing protest letters to the cable company when UFC was banned b/c is was "too violent". Glad the rest of the world has come around;)

Anyone else think the girls did much better than the boys till the last match? To the untrained MMA eye it seemed as though as soon as the men broke a sweat the match was called. The women.... one was half dead and they let it go. I felt bad for the guy in the last match. Didn't quite get why they called that one when they did. He was really hanging in there. Enjoyed it.

Yes, and that one woman was HOOOOOOT! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter