• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mixed drink ideas - bringing alc. onboard

lmb

DIS Veteran
What are your favorite mixed drinks to make onboard? We generally drink cosmos but we don't want to have to pick up too many different types of alc/mixers to bring onboard. Mostly wine and maybe something to make 1 type of mixed drink or something.

That sounds like a good idea. I don't know where the limo will stop and what kind of mixers like that the store will offer. In Fl. do all the grocery stores have wine, beer , alc. and mixers?

There is a liquor store a few miles from port.

ABC is at 6020 North Atlantic - Cocoa Beach and phone # 321-799-0049

They open @ 9am.

We stopped here before our last cruise and bought some malibu, pineapple & cranberry juice to make bay breezes.

What are your favorite mixed drinks to make onboard? We generally drink cosmos but we don't want to have to pick up too many different types of alc/mixers to bring onboard. Mostly wine and maybe something to make 1 type of mixed drink or something.

bring good rum!!! Cola is free at the fountain or you can get undiluted cola at the bars. Or just have it au natural, on the rocks :hippie:

i brought bombay sapphire, 2 bottles of tonic and a lime (just in case i couldn't find one!) in my carry-on! gin and tonics every night!

we were on the western so when we stopped in key west we bought beer and water at the cvs! our room hostess put the beer on ice everyday for us! :thumbsup2

i brought bombay sapphire, 2 bottles of tonic and a lime (just in case i couldn't find one!) in my carry-on! gin and tonics every night!

we were on the western so when we stopped in key west we bought beer and water at the cvs! our room hostess put the beer on ice everyday for us! :thumbsup2

Ummmmmmm Gooooooood, Having sailed much of the world (still need the Med and Baltic) in my 26 years in the U.S. Coast Guard, my favorite drink upon reaching port was a Bombay and Tonic.... It is gonna feel great to get to drink them underway on my navigators Veranda this fall:boat::drinking1

We used to bring Bacardi limon or Vodka and cranberry juice. We actually used to be able to find the cranberry juice concentrate in the cans (looks like a soda can) and mix it with water once on board. We used to bring one of those big jug like personal water bottles to do the mixing in. we also mixed it once in a sand pail :rotfl2:

my all time favorite- black russion. 2 parts kahlua 1 part vodka. no need for mixers, which means less calories, and one drink goes a long way when it's straight. In fact, DH are on our way out for a date night and I plan to be having one in about an hour. Yum...

We brought Rum and once our Cabin Host realized we wanted ice every afternoon, it was waiting in our cabin when we returned to dress for dinner.

I don't do this onboard, but something I love to have at home is a lazy pina colada. I don't like the extra stuff they put in store mixers, and who wants to whip out the blender all the time, so over ice I mix Cruzan Coconut Rum, pineapple juice, and a splash of real cream. It is so very rich but gooood. I always use the little individual cans of Dole Pineapple Juice (unless you think you can polish off one of those monster size cans). If you don't have the ability to keep cool a pint of whipping cream, you could always ask room service if they'd give you a little cup of the real stuff "for your coffee" :rolleyes1 (or I suppose...ack...you could use the half-and-half coffee creamers...ack <----clearly not my first choice ;))

Coconut rum (like Cruzan or Malibu) and pineapple juice. :stir: Yummmy! I make a martini out of it and throw in some Blue Curacao at home, but just the coconut rum and pineapple would be good. You can probably even get the pinepple juice onboard, so one less thing to bring. Or a good old Captain and Diet coke w/lime works also for quick and easy. Unfortunately, those go straight to my head quickly for some reason.;)

Maybe it was me but we brought smalls bottles Absolute and Malibu. I regretted it because it was cheaper to buy duty free once in international waters. The wine definitely needs to be carried on but I think next time I will buy the rest on board.

A company named Daly's makes Cosmos pre-mixed and packaged in a box with a dispenser spout (like some wines). It's pretty good. They also make a premixed margarita.

Last time we brought Firefly Sweet tea vodka. They had lemonade to mix with the vodka.

We brought vodka and a huge can of pineapple juice..mixed with O.J and a splash of 7-up yum yum....

Be warned the the large can of dole pineapple juice looks suspect on xray. They searched our bags and security reported. "no problem, just some vitamin C. We all need our vitamin C" :rotfl: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter