Misting fans?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
We are going in the heat of August and would like to bring misting fans. Where would i put a bag with water and a misting fan while doing a ride like Rock and Rollercoaster or Space Mountain? We have always used a stroller to store our things but our kids have grown out of them, so no more stollers.

Thanks!

We just carry 1 string backpack to hold things like ponchos, fans, water bottles. They are allowed on all rides (at your feet usually) except Kali River Rapids at AK where they have free lockers to use while you're on the ride. I also sometimes use a carabiner clip to hold my water bottle (a refillable Brita bottle) on my crossbody purse strap and I just wear it like that all day on all of the rides. We generally take turns on who's carrying the backpack.

We carried our fan around on all the rides and it was fine. Some rides have spots for things. Just don't forget them. Tip: only fill mister half full since u don't really need all that water. It makes it lighter to carry. Also, if it requires a screw driver to replace batteries, make sure you have one! And spare batteries.

We carried our fan around on all the rides and it was fine. Some rides have spots for things. Just don't forget them. Tip: only fill mister half full since u don't really need all that water. It makes it lighter to carry. Also, if it requires a screw driver to replace batteries, make sure you have one! And spare batteries.

The water gets pretty warm pretty fast too - we don't carry one very often as we'd prefer to "go light" these days but when we do, we periodically stop at cs restaurants to get fresh cold cups of water & get one for the fan too so that it's cooler.

Yeah, those misting fans are great when you first buy them from the iced down cooler. After a few hours they didn't seem to make much difference. We lugged two of them around last trip (June) and eventually started leaving them back at the hotel. As far as taking them on rides, we never had any issues.

In general, with the high humidity in Florida, I don't find that they really do a whole lot of anything to help me cool down. Then again, I sweat profusely, so I'm always wet anyway. Adding more water to that just makes me more wet.

I use a back back at disney and for space I put the lap bar down first then put the back pack on top and loop the shoulder straps around the lap bar this has all ways worked for me and if you are any where but the first set then you can put the bag between the set infant of you and the bar

I hope this make since

I know this isn't quite what you asked, but we don't like/use misting fans. Drinking water is an absolute must for us, but we try to keep the outside of our body as dry as possible. Unless we really go all out and ride Kali or go swimming.

In summer months, we also just get out of the afternoon heat for a bit, or it just zaps our energy. BUT, it is also part of our what to carry strategy.

Again, I know not what you asked, but the third key to our happiness is to carry as little as possible (sans strollers). The one sacrifice we make is to make sure we carry water. At meals, we get extra ice water and refill our bottles. Men's cargo shorts are great, but sometimes you can fit water in a back pocket.

If you plan an afternoon break, then it is easier to minimize. We own a cooler style backpack, and it is great, but we mostly only use it if we go to the beach, and on days we transfer between hotels. (which we do a fair amount!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter