• Orange Side: I had to use "the" bag

• Get motion sickness but Orange Side did not effect me

• Do not get motion sickness but Orange Side made me sick

• Orange Side: Felt great

• Green Side: Felt bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneylandPlanner

Mouseketeer
I really want to ride intense Orange side but I am worried about feeling crappy, please let me know how it effected you.

Here's my take: Unless you know of a health issue, or you're sure you'll get sick, you really need to give the orange side a try.

Will you get a little queesy? Maybe, but just ride at the end of the day so it won't effect the rest of your plans.

If you want to try it, you owe to yourself to give it a try. You won't have any regrets and can say that you did it. I know people like the green side, but once you've expereinced the G-Force effect from the orange side, you'll understand why that was the original vision for MS.

Four of us rode together. Nobody felt as good coming out as we did going in, but the bags weren't necessary either.

The fact that there even are bags on this ride should be taken into consideration when trying to determine whether to ride or not. Obviously they are not there just as props. Many folks here seem to ride with no ill effects, or none they care to share, anyway. I would still do it for the first time just to see for myself.

I've done both Orange and Green. I didn't feel sick after Orange, but I was pretty dizzy. Green was just fine. I'd recommend giving Orange a shot, but give yourself some time to recover. I recommend heading over to do the boar ride in Mexico afterwards. It's not far away (just beyond Test Track) and its relaxing enough to bring you down from all the excitment.

Since we were a little nervous about the orange side, the DH and I tried the green side first to see what it was like. We both thought that it was pretty tame, so we immediately got in line for orange. I wasn't sure what to expect since they said it was a little more "intense". To be honest, we couldn't tell that MUCH of a difference. But then again, I don't get motion sickness, and I love rides like that. My husband sometimes gets bothered by things like that, but he was fine as well.
I don't know if you've ever rode it or not, but there's a fair/carnival ride that's called the Gravitron, and to me that ride is worse than Mission:Space.

I have riden the orange side once. I will not ride it again. I didn't get sick or anything I just didn't like how it made me feel. I will ride everything at Disney. But I will not be riding the orange side of MS ever again! This year I'll try the green side though! My husband will be on the orange side by himself! :)

We rode it before there was an orange and green side ... and, actually, before it officially opened. I still believe that it was even more intense during that "pre-opening" phase even through CMs have said it's no different.

For me, I've only ever felt slightly disoriented when I've leaned my head away from the headrest to take a quick peek to see how my DS was enjoying it. He's disabled and non-verbal, so the only way to tell if he's enjoying something is to hear him laugh or see a smile on his face. MS is pretty loud, so I wanted to see if he was grinning ... he was! But, I definitely felt the spinning....

If I keep my head back against the headrest and my eyes focused on the screen and "instrument panel," all I feel is the G-forces! :thumbsup2

I get 10X dizzier on the Mad Tea Party ride than I do on MS!

If I keep my head back against the headrest and my eyes focused on the screen and "instrument panel," all I feel is the G-forces! :thumbsup2

This is the key. If you're at all concerned about getting sick, do not look away from the screen for even a second! I'm not guaranteeing you won't get sick if you don't look away, but if you do look away, you'll definitely feel it. Some for just a few seconds, others for hours afterwards.

I didn't get "sick" necessarily, but I was pretty queasy when I got off. (I actually was a bit afraid I might have to use "the bag" while on it. I didn't feel right for a couple hours, actually skipped dinner that night. This was before the orange/green choice, so I haven't yet decided whether I will try the milder version when we go back in May. Depends how the crowds are, I'm kind of curious.

I am prone to motion sickness and was a little worried about riding it. My friend rode first and said YOU GOTTA TRY IT!! So, I did! This was in 2004, before there was an orange and a green, so no choice there. It was also at the very end of the day, so if I had gotten sick, it wouldn't have ruined my whole day.

I made sure to follow the instructions to not look away from the screen..this is KEY. It also helped that they had cool air blowing on you throughout the ride. I had no problems, never even really felt queasy. Just a little disoriented while walking out of the ride, but it went away pretty quickly.

It is a very intense ride...and very cool. However, I have only ridden it that one time. This is mostly because on subsequent trips, I haven't felt up to it, for whatever reason. This is a ride you want to feel 98-100% going into. I always think, Maybe I'll ride MS this trip...but so far, I haven't.

Maybe next trip...:laughing:

Poohbear
pooh:

I was okay until I 'tested' myself and looked away only for an instant. Almost had to reach for the bag.

I get motion sickness and rode before "the bag" and did manage to get off the ride before I needed "the bag". My husband also got sick. Luckily we rode at the end of the day and only had to sit for Illuminations.

We were there the day M:S officially opened. We have been told by many that the intensity has changed since it opened. Anyway...my dh can only ride it once. He hasn't done the green side yet, don't know if he cares to. My dd and I have done the old, or orange side many times with no ill effects. Well, if you discount the one time I forgot that I had just eaten lunch...and I mean 'just'. We ate lunch at the Electric Umbrella and headed to Ellen's Universe of Energy. It was down so we headed to TT, but the line was humungous. So, we went to M:S. I completely forgot I had eaten only 15 mins before. Forgot until the ride started anyway. It took all I had to keep that lunch where it was supposed to be!!! I don't get motion sick...so that surprised me. Lesson? Don't eat and then do M:S!!!!

I have to say that I was surprised that I enjoyed the green side as much as I did. Rode it for the first time last Oct. We were traveling with another 13 y/o who gets motion sickness. She wasn't affected at all, and we all enjoyed it a lot. Just didn't have that huge pressure on your chest feeling.

I felt wobbly the first time, but that isn't sick to me. After that, I expected it and it wasn't a problem. So much of the first ride is the psychological bombardment of the warnings. Most people I know are beginning to feel sick before they ever step foot into the ride....JMHO.

The first time I rode, as soon as I got off the Orange, I felt fine. But, once I got off the ride, I (literally) ran to Ellen's Energy Adventure where my family had been. The CM let me in the back door so I was able to skip the video and sat right down in the car as the ride started. About 10 minutes into the ride I started to feel a little..."off". I guess the point is, I felt fine after riding Orange, but it's probably best to just take it easy for a minute or 2 after riding!

I really want to ride intense Orange side but I am worried about feeling crappy, please let me know how it effected you.
Oh yes, I started to remember all the things they tell you not to do...don't close your eyes..I did that. Don't turn your head to the side to look at others...I did that and I think I got sick because I did those things.

I did the Orange and made the mistake of just "closing my eyes for a bit". LO and behold, I never recovered and it was so bad I was sweating. When I got off I was sick for 4 hours after. It was the worst I have EVER felt on any ride. And I have been on many rides that spin and turn upside down, but I wouldn't ever go on this again.:sad2:

My family was picked as one of the testers for Mission Space. I felt ill right away. Dh didn't feel ill until the end. My 2 DDs didn't feel ill until it stopped. We were all feeling so strange that we decided to go back to our hotel room to lay down. My DDs felt normal within the hour. It took DH and myself a few hours to get back to normal. I won't ride it again.

I love the orange side. Me and my friends even went on it after a day of "Drinking around the World" and we were all fine on that side. Even drunk.

I have ridden both sides several times. I like the Orange side better but I ride the Green side w/ my younger son. I have felt ill once on the Orange side and I think it was because I hadn't eaten in a long time (it was past lunch time but we wanted to squeeze another ride in first - MISTAKE) . I felt light headed and dizzy. Every other time I was totally fine. I don't get motion sickness and I love roller coasters. (but scream the whole time on Tower of Terror)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter