Mission: Space question

kanatamom

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

We are big fans of anything to do with space. I am hoping to go on Mission: Space (green team) with my two older children when we visit Epcot in November. I have a few questions:

1) Is it possible for my husband and younger child to go through the pre and post show and just skip the ride.(My husband gets very motion sick and younger daughter is a bit young). There looks to be a lot to see and my husband would like to see it. Would my six year-old be bored?

2) Is it crowded on EMH mornings (we are visiting on Tuesday,November30.)

3) If we use Fastpasses, will we miss the pre-show.

Any other tips?

Thanks

1) Yes, unlike most attractions, they explicitly give you an opportunity to bail just prior to boarding. Boredom is not possible IMO.

2) Not relatively crowded during the actual EMH hour, 8-9 - you can get A LOT done then!

3) No, you just get through the 'lobby' and into the pre-show quicker.

Have a great trip!

By using Fastpass you might not get an opportunity to see some of the theme elements in the queue, but you'd still see most of it. Your husband might need to explain some of the things to keep the 6yo occupied, depending on his interest in space stuff.

FYI, pretty much all rides offer what is termed a "chicken exit", which allows you to go through the queue but opt out at the loading area. As ricktib said, this is the only one where they explicitly tell you you can opt out.

Our little girl road Mission Space (green) for the first time when she was 5. She was a little nervous at first, but once she was given her "job" for the mission, she got into it.

I get motion sickness on anything that spins(cinderella's carousel is a big NO for me and don't even mention the Tea Cups around me) but the non-spinning Mission Space has never given me a problem.

Hope it turns out to be a great memory.

Chris

I'm a bit confused why your DD wouldn't go on? If she doesn't want to spin then go on the non spinning ride. It is a great ride even without the spinning and isn't too much at all. It is just a motion simulator type ride if you don't spin along the lines of the Star Wars ride. My DH gets motion sick pretty easily and has no problem but I would definitely take your 6 yr old on she will like going into space.

My DS rode the original spinning side shortly after it opened when he was 5 and barely tall enough.

Only you know your 6-year-old, but my daughter went on green side in kindergarten and it was a favorite ride. What kid that age doesn't love to press buttons!

Thanks for all the responses.

Good to to know there is a chicken exit.

I was under the impression that my youngest didn't meet the height requirement. I just checked, and she does.

I'll see what she thinks and decide at the time. We're doing the green side.

Thanks for all the responses.

Good to to know there is a chicken exit.

I was under the impression that my youngest didn't meet the height requirement. I just checked, and she does.

I'll see what she thinks and decide at the time. We're doing the green side.

Just so you know, if your child doesn't meet the height requirement for a ride they will not be let into the queue at all even though they are not going to ride.

I just wanted you to know in case you wanted to try the same thing on a ride with a higher requirement.

I get bad motion sickness and have a horrible fear of heights, but the green side of Mission: Space was AWESOME. I absolutely loved it. I bet your husband would be just fine! It's not scary or "spinny" at all.

My kids have been riding the orange side of Mission Space since they were 6 years old and they still love it. My 70 year old mother-in-law rode the green side last time we were there and she didn't have any issues. The green side is VERY mild.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter