Mission space - green

Disney Sheri

Mouseketeer
Hi! I need all of you to help me decide if I can handle Mission space green (I hope that is the tame side). I tend to get a little motion sick when I ride in the back seat of our van, read while riding in a car, go on spinning things, ride in a tire swing, at planitariums and yesterday I was sick for about 4 hours because I was helping DH take down Xmas lights off our house and I was watching him and holding the ladder and all of the sudden when the clouds were moving I felt sick.:sick:

I can ride: soarin', TOT (don't really like it but it is more a heighth thing), RNR (the take off scares me to death but can handle the rest), Primival whirl, space mountain (can ONLY fast pass because the 3-D effects make me sick), EE (the going backwards part makes me a little wheezy), dinosaur and that's about all that I think could make me motion sick. I have not tried Star tours or Mission Space green so I would like to try them in February. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and have a disney day!

Firstly - Star Tours (and remember Body Wars?) makes me sick. So, if it were me, I wouldnt try Star Tours. :scared: :sick:

MS: Green - I did it with no problems. When I started to feel icky (and it was more of me panicking, than actually feeling sick) I closed my eyes (something you cant do on orange)

I think green is safe. :thumbsup2

I did both MS green & Star Tours for the 1st time about 4 weeks ago.

I thought MS green was like a combo of mild Dinosaur & Soarin. If you can do Soarin you can do MS green!

I actually thought Star Tours was lame - nothing compared to MS green.

Just my opinion of course!

Sorry, but I think you are going to have to pass on this one.

It seems like your motion sickness, can be triggered by visual stimuli alone, as evidenced by the ladder/clouds episode.

I wouldn't chance it. Your motion sickness sounds pretty severe, and if it does make you sick, you could be out for the rest of the day. Not worth it IMHO.

If you really want to give a try go for it, I have never heard of anyone getting sick from this ride (green), but I have never heard of anyone getting that sick from holding a ladder. You know your situation best though, also every situation is different. Does taking medication help?

FWIW my sister can not ride in the backseat of a car, nor read in a car, and was affected by Soarin (she felt like she was still moving for an hour after), but had no problem riding MS Orange (with Bonine). She never knows how something will affect her until she does it, but her motion sickness is not as severe, it doesn't put her out of commission for long periods of time.

Good luck to you!

DH suffers terribly from motion sickness and he did Mission Space Green for the first time last month. He enjoyed it. It was also my first time since I usually do the Orange team with DD. I thought it was fairly mild. If you can do Soarin you will probably not have any trouble!

I also get motion sick when I read in the car or sit in the backseat on really hilly roads. I rode Star Tours with no problem, I enjoyed it. I also rode Mission Space, but the orange side. Not very smart. It mad me very sick!! I guess everyone is different. If you really wanted to try them you could always try to take Dramamine before you go on them. Good Luck and have a fun trip.

I just road MS green for the first time last week and I had to close my eyes a few times and I felt a little woozy when I got off this ride. I have pretty bad motion sickness and it really triggered it for me.
I was fine after a few minutes and I felt it was worth it because it is a really cool experience. Of course, I risked being sick the rest of the day and I lucked out. If you have it really bad, you will have to weigh the risks for yourself.
I have to say that if you are also bothered by closed-in, tight spaces, this ride would not be good.
Good luck and I hope you can experience the ride without getting sick! :)

I just road MS green for the first time last week and I had to close my eyes a few times and I felt a little woozy when I got off this ride. I have pretty bad motion sickness and it really triggered it for me.
I have to say that if you are also bothered by closed-in, tight spaces, this ride would not be good.
I am fairly motion sick, and the green side gave me this same woozy feeling. I have never been claustrophobic and I was suprised at how bothered I was by the closed in space of this ride.

Star Tours makes me ill (just stare at the TV monitor and not the Video Screen and I can survive it - DS 6 LOVED it so I suck it up for him ;) and the Jungle Cruise ride at DisneyQuest affected me a little (didn't try Pirates, line too long).

Mission Green was nothing compared to Star Tours in my experience, no problems at all. Soarin' was a walk in the park for me.

I can handle any roller coaster you can throw at me, too; but these motion simulators make me quesy and headachy after - especially Body Wars - won't ride that one ever again, no matter how much DS wants to. Fortunately it was closed and he doesn't even know it exists so I'm safe.

The trick that keeps me cool is to find a stationary object inside the ride on the wall (ie, TV Monitor where R2D2 shows up in Star Tours) and focus totally on that - do NOT watch the screen that shows the motion and Do not close your eyes (makes it worse in my opinion). Again, it kept me calm for Star Tours using this trick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter