• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mission: Eat churro's till i explode.....last day partly done, Updated

I do hope that you are all enjoying my long winded report so far. I'm have a blast writing it and until my trip report is written and done with i don't feel as if my trip to disney is quite over yet. I've been back for a couple days now, and every night since i've left i've dreamt of disney. I feel satisfied with my trip, there are no regrets on this trip and i don't feel as if i've missed out on a lot or that i could of used several more days. I feel as if i miss disney a ton, yet i am currently satisfied with the experience that i've just had. In a sense i guess, i want to know that i'll be back and i want to know exactly when. Once that has been determined i'll feel more willing to let go of my deathgrip of disney. With that said, i will continue my trip report of our first day at the parks.

The time was probably around 1-2ish when we finally decided to head over to California adventure. We headed there for 2 reasons, 1) The lines of the rides that we havent' ridden were getting too long and 2) Because the dis said so. Well technically the dis said noonish, but um...yeah we got distracted. I eyed a couple churro carts as we walked down mainstreet towards the exit. I also eye'd a balloon. I'm a kid at heart, buy me a balloon and a pack of stickers and i'll amuse myself for a good hour. For christmas i wanted a box, an empty wrapped up box, that had a ribbon on it. I wanted the lift top boxes if that makes any sense at all. So that when you lift up the top, the present is opened and when u put the top back it looks untouched. I'm wierd i know but back to disney. Dbf saw me eyeing the balloon and asked me if i wanted one. I said no, because i knew that once i got it, it would be a hassle to carry it around and i'd probably lose it. AND it really wasn't that great of a souvenier for 7 dollars american. That's like 2 churros. Okay i admit, i wasn't that self controlled, i had seen the balloons in DTD the night before and kinda whined about wanting one and all the above arguments were dbf's not mine. BUT i do get points cause i did end up seeing his side of the story, so there.

So out we go, we got our hands stamped with a yellow ariel stamp. And then we crossed over to california adventures, the park was decently busy i'd say, Not too bad but not dead either. We stood in a line and then i noticed that the same guy that had let us in earlier that day into disney had a line over on our left. So i told dbf and dragged him over to the slightly longer line. Why because i like familiarity. He scanned our tickets again and our tickets made a whistling noise. I was kinda confused though cause i wasn't aware that they had to scan your tickets again. So i started to stress out a bit, what if disney had taken another day off? which means i'm a day short!, which means no more disney on the last day!. :confused3 So off it was to guest information to ask, the lady assured me that it did not take another day off but they do have to scan your ticket each time you enter. Much relieved i happily started to take in the sights of california adventures.

We headed towards soaring and took a look at the standby, it was about 40 minutes long so we declined. We checked out the shop next to it and watched a couple people get blasted with the mist. (My memory is a little hazy about this but, i'm pretty sure we rode soaring this day, i can't for the life of me remember what time or when i did. But i'm sure it was saturday and that we had gotten fp's, so i'm going to just assume that i grapped fp's at this time) So after grabbing fp's for soaring, we headed towards the pier and california screaming. I was nervous, i knew what was coming, this :scared1 followed by this : :faint: You see, my dbf loves thrill rides, he can't do the spinny ones cause he gets dizzy and nasueous but give him a 120 foot drop and a loop and he's happy. But for me i'm scared of heights, deathly so, and i didnt' know how i felt about doing the loop. But i had also promised dbf that i would go on every ride. So as we got nearer and nearer i became more fearful.

The wait for california screamin was about 30 minutes, i also got fp's for it before we got into line. (see this is where i get confused, i'm sure i got soaring fp's but i'm also sure about getting screaming fps, So for now we'll just throw the laws of fp's out the window and pretend that this was possible) I was scared in line, my heart beated faster with each step, this line was moving way too quickly. Before i knew it, we were loading. I pulled the thing ( i dunno what to call it ) over my head and clicked it into place. Then the car started to move. My heart was pounding so fast and honestly even just describing it i'm getting scared all over again. Then 3 seconds later, MY BUM COULDNT" FEEL THE SEAT. Panic raced through my body and i'm sure my heart stopped beating for a second or two...or four i dunno. But all i know is that i could feel my heart beat faster and faster and then i swear it stopped or something. Then after my body was sure my bum had touched the plastic chair i felt a lot better. I love speed, so the sharp turns and rounds we did were exilherating. However the drops were .... okay, after the first one, i realized that i could push my saftey thing in another click, now i felt a little more snug and secure so the other drops weren't as bad. By the end of it i have to admit. I LOVE SCREAMING! Who'd of thunked it. I loved this ride, my legs felt like jelly but i raved about it to my dbf who thought it was pretty good as well. By the way the loop was pretty fun, i thought it would of been worse but it was probably one of the best parts. Now i couldn't wait to go back. And luckily we had Fp's to go again!

So we decided to ride the sun wheel next, we ended up in the wrong line in the begining. See my dbf + spinning = bad, so being in the moving gondola line wasn't good. Luckily we figured it out pretty quickly and switched into the non moving line. The ride took probably about 5-10 minutes, with loading and unloading. It was nice to ride something calming. Though i did smack dbf a couple times for trying to rock the gondola.

After getting off the calming sunwheel, we checked out the games which brought up this conversation.

Dbf: hey, wanna play a game?
Me: and lose?
Dbf: Maybe i can win you something
Me: *laughing*
Dbf: what? you don't think i can?
Me: I know you can't
Dbf: Well we can try
Me: If we dropped the money on the floor it would be put to better use.

I've seen dbf try to win things before, i admit it's pretty sad. And the thing is, is that he's such a nice guy that the carnival people always manage to weasel more money out of his pocket cause he can't say no.

We saw the maliboomer, and dbf asked me if i wanted to ride. Let me reiterate. I'm scared of heights, and this guy who claims to love me wants me to go on something that shoots me up vertically in the air and then drops me. I was pretty sure he wanted the insurance money at about this point. If you've read everything thus far you'll know that because of my eagar nodding to everything the flight center lady fed me i agreed to pay way too much for insurance. Which might i add, has been the center of most jokes and teasing. Such conversations occured sporatically throughout the trip.

Me: I wish i had enough money to buy (instert super expensive disney merchandise)
Dbf: Well i would of had the money if i hadn't had to spend it on travel insurance.
Me: I SAID i was sorry!
Dbf: *hugs me* it's allright, i'll get it all back *pretends to stab me in the back*
Me: HAH, that won't do you any good, YOUR NOT MY BENEFICIARY!
Dbf: Darn! oh wellz at least i'll know i'm getting my money's worth anyways *pretends to stab me*
At that point i generally run screaming/laughing in some direction.

So i declined and refused to get on the maliboomer. Dbf tried to convince me but i kept saying no. he kept telling me it wasn't bad, but i didn't believe him. Which made him bring up the fact that Tower of terror was a dropping ride too. Crap. So i agreed to go on it Tomorrow. He made me promise and i did so to ease me into the maliboomer/tot ride the next day. We rode Jumping jellyfish.

We both got in line and stood there waiting patiently with many children and their families, when dbf then asked me "is this a kids ride?" and which i rolled my eyes and pointed out the obvious. "Uh...duh" He then said "oh" and we two 20 year olds continued to wait for our ride. As we were almost at the front. A lady waved at a cm and basically started to tell him about how there was a family that did not belong there. Apparently what had happened was the father or someone came in through the exit, then brought their family, more children through the exit instead of waiting patiently and the lady found this to be very unfair. The cm was caught between a both parties, the other party was silent thoughout this confrontation. The family was basically about to load so the cm's didnt' know what to do. The family got on the ride and the lady wasn't happy that nothing was getting done. In the end she was referred to the manager and the family rode the ride. Me and dbf then loaded and yes i deathgripped his hand through this ride too. It was gentle so i was okay with it as well.

Then we walked through to the wharf, we took a look at the sourdough bread bowls and did the bread tour. Dbf likes sourdough but hates sour cream which until this enlightning tour, i figured it was made with. We learned about the process of sourdough bread and ate a piece. It was good. But i reminded dbf that the plan was to eat there for lunch on sunday so we walked towards a bugs land.

Right when we walked into a bugs land. I felt a drop of liquid on my head, i immediatly looked up searching for seagulls. I have a fear of birds pooping on me. Therefore whenever a bird flys above me i feel obligated to watch them fly past my head. If they do decide to pooh on me at least i'll know it's coming and i can run or something. There were no birds in sight above me, it had started to rain, so into It's tough to be a bug for us. The show was good, i enjoyed it, but i have admit i'm scared of 4D movies. I know exactly when they'll use which effects but even the bugs past our bums caught me offguard. The stinkbug smelled bad, but it was also a familiar smell so that kinda worries me a bit.

After the show, it had stopped raining so we checked out the rides and it was so amusing. We didnt' spend much time there though, we did ride fliks flyers though. And that was it for bugs land for us.

We then headed towards the backlot and walked into a shop that led into animation area? i don't remember the name of it but it's where you watch all the video's and there's a socerors tour etc? Anyways there was aladdin and snow white in there. Aladdin was awesome, see there were 2 or 3 girls i believe begging their father for something, so aladdin got on his knees too and started begging the father as well. Leaving their mother to go into a fit of laughter. We almost did turtle crush, almost as in we were waiting for the show but in the end decided not to. I dont' remember the reasoning again but we were outside and walking around a couple minutes later.

We stumbled onto the monster's inc ride so we got in line and rode it. I liked it a lot. Boo is so adorable i just love her to pieces. The ride was nice and l loved the scenery sets of it.

Heading out, dbf saw muppets 3d, and wanted to watch it. So we waited for the show. It was funny and i enjoyed it as well. Though i'm still kinda wondering how they got the walls to look all fiery etc. I know it's fake fire but the walls looked fine before so i wonder if they switch.

It was now time for our screaming fp's so off to screaming it was for us. We got on the ride even quicker than before and i was all jittery and nervous again. Dbf thinks i'm hilarious because i know what's coming, i know i like it yet i'm so scared. But yeah i was still so scared. I remember to make sure to click the bar as far as it could go and then off we went. Once again after the first drop and my mild heart attack i was smiling and laughing through the rest of it. I just love this ride. I raved about it again all the way to soaring.

Soaring, even with fast passes we waited about 10-15 minutes. After being loaded, we took off and saw some dangling feet. It felt so real, i loved it, people were clapping and laughing and everyone was like "WHOA" at the golf ball. I could only differentiate the smells of the water, orange and the trees. It's a light scent, i kinda had to try to smell them cause they blend so well, dbf thought i was a nutcase cause he had no idea what i was talking about as he apparently smelled nothing. Oh wellz, He works as an imax manager and he kept telling me about the dirt spot that appearerd on a 10 second cycle which means that the lens wasn't cleaned well or what not. i brought to his attention that soaring plays probably every 2-3minutes.

Back to disneyland after this, why cause we had space mountain fp's! Yay! though i didn't know if it was yay yet, as i've never ridden it and i'm a scaredy cat. So we walked right to tomorrowland after a quick whistle and stamp check. Star tours had a 5 minute wait so into line for us. I loved all the little details that disney puts into the waiting area, the "commercials", the flight info was just so amazing. We boarded and took off with R2D2 steering us much like i would probably drive in space. It was awesome. But now to our mission. Space mountain.

We passed the fp sign and noticed that the fp's were all gone. Luckily we had our still, from 4:50 but that's okay. So we handed our magical tickets and bypassed the 40 minute wait. The line moves pretty fast that and i liked watching people load. It amazes me how considerate everyone is, They get in and get out like clockwork, no one takes their time. It's like everyone knows the importance of grabbing your bag and bolting before the next person steps on you. that and the lines, no jumpers or anything except for that jellyfish incident. So after getting strapped in, i deathgripped dbf hand and waited for the countdown. All i can say is OMG I LOVE THIS RIDE. It has speed and turns and everything i love. I wished we could of gone again but i knew i probably woulnt' be able to go until the next day.

After exiting, it was getting late probably around 8ish, we had spent 11 hours of commando disney. And what did we do? More ride of course, we headed to fantasy land and checked out the rides that we missed earlier hoping that the lines had gone down. Nope for matterhorn and it was a No for peterpan as well. Mr toad's wild ride was a 5 minute wait though, so we got on that. After our ride to no where in particular, which included hell.

We went to adventureland on the hunt for indiana fp's. There were only fp's for 10pm, so we got them and while dbf went to the bathroom, i bought us our first dolewhip and some pineapple for later. Dbf really enjoyed the dolewhip and with that we decided to head out.

Not until i was on the way home, did i realize how tired i was, my feet were screaming in pain. I wore broken shoes to disney. Yes i am a genius. But oh wellz they had a good run. So with that we returned to our room. I wanted nothing more but some delivery and to rest in bed. But dbf who's used to working 13-14 hour days at work wanted to walk 3-4 blocks for food. I declared him insane and told him no. We'd spent a good 11-12 hours at disney, i was tired. So we compromised and walked to coco's for dinner.

Dinner at coco's was good, dbf had prime rib and i had their sourdough burger and we shared some spinach dip as well. After feeling really full, we debated going back to disney for indiana. I was pooped so we decided to head back to the hotel for some rest and food channel.

Next chapter: The dumbest idea i've ever had...

Disclaimer: I've noticed that i like to start every sentance with SO, or WE. I've also noticed that it is almost impossible for me to not write with SO or WE. Therefore i would like to warn all readers about my SO and WE overusage. Think of SO and WE like salt and pepper, you use it in every dish and in varying amounts. If my report was a dish, and so and we were salt and pepper, it would be a salt soup with a pepper layer on top. You have been warned!

Okay i lied, today was not the dumbest thing i've ever done chapter, maybe later on. Depending on how far i get with this post. I'm trying to break up my chapters as i start to get weary from typing so much and my brain frys when i write more than half a full day. But moving on...

Saturday night, i think after dinner at coco's we just went back to the hotel, and watched t.v. on the dirty bed. We have a dirty bed and a clean bed, just like dbf has at home. No, not the kind of dirty that your probably thinking about. Dbf has a thing where if your not showered and in clean pajama's you are not allowed to be on the clean bed. Dirty clothes are clothes that you have sweated in, worn all day and worn outside. Double no no for the clean bed if you've sat on anything outside as well. You will be banished to the dirty bed in which you may roll around with your dirty sweaty sweater that you've rolled down freshly mowed grassy hills in. Actually if you did that, dbf would kick you outside and force you to shower with the garden hose first. So after being lulled to sleep watching paula's home cooking and more iron chef we fell asleep. Well after dbf set the phone alarm for 8am.

Sunday morning, bright and early i hear the alarm beeping. Yay second day at disney. I am pumped! I am excited! I am stoked! I am also doomed to wait for another 30 minutes for dbf to wake up. Darnit! So i try my very very best to be good. Good as in, not poke dbf, hug him and blow air in his ear till it tickles, not bounce on the bed next to him, not poke him harassing him to wake up. And above all no shaking/tickling and licking him till he awakes. With nothing to do, i took a shower and stared at him as i combed my hair. I've learned that it's hard to sleep with someone just staring at you. Also, it's a great way to wake someone up cause then technically your not bothering them. But darnit he was in a deep sleep so he didn't notice. Oh wellz, so i continued to get ready for the day, i brushed my teeth, and waited for the clock to beep at 8:30 where i took it upon myself to jump on dbf and shake him, yelling "WAKE UP WAKE UP DISNEY DISNEY!" in which he grunted, moaned, kicked me off and told me 10 more minutes. I whined but he was in a deep sleep again. Fine i told myself i will wait the 10 minutes. So at 8:50 i did the same thing to him again.

Me: Get up it's 8:50! disney disney!
Dbf: Later, we have EE on tuesday
Me: If your going to cut out monday for universal, get up now!
Dbf: Grunt
Me: *bounces on the bed and sing song says* Get up, get up, get up get up
Dbf: grunt and reluctantly gets up
Me: Are you getting up cause you love me or cause i'm annoying?
Dbf: the second one

That's perfectly fine with me though, so i waited till around 9:10 for him to be finally all showered and dressed and ready to go. I'd like to make one comment though, you know how some people complain that they dont' like micky or stitches wake up call? well guess what i got DEAD AIR!. So yeah you guys all win over me.

Last night dbf had asked me if there were any good places to eat in disneyland for breakfast. I said yah probably. It was decided that we would have brekkie there. So off we go through downtown disney. Then i realize that the monorail is open so i'm thinking that we'd get a head start if we caught that since we were technically 15-20 minutes late for opening. I walked through security, did the :wizard: magic sound with the ticket. And there she was, a nice big line for the monorail! Yay! dbf then looked at me and was like "so this is supposed to save us time" Yeah it is i retorted. Thinking oh crap oh crap oh crap. The monorail showed up and there was enough room for everyone. It was a very very short ride and we were quiet with our monorail companions as well. Everyone disembarked in tomorrowland as it was a one way monorail.

Then i saw buzz lightyear had a 15 minute wait, so we got in line and rode it, it was exciting i shot stuff and kept an eye out on the score the entire time to make sure i was beating dbf. WHICH I WAS! yay for me! i'd post our scores but then you'd all laugh at me and throw me into some sort of dungeon for being so pathetic. But i beat dbf so i felt good, walking off the ride, there was a lot of taunting (on my part) and crying (on his part, just j/k) he was just amazed that i beat him and was wondering how. I told him it was my superior skill. He didn't believe me.

Then like a golden churro floating on a blue cloud in a rainbow sky shining with all it's glory, was SPACE MOUNTAIN! my love! i have returned! I jumped skipped and ran blowing kisses to the fast passes. 10:50am return time, yay! i get to ride space mountain in like an hour. We passed on going on star tours again, and headed to adventureland for an adventure of course.

In adventureland, our goal was to ride indiana jones. Whether or not that involved hijacking a vehicle and driving it around orlando or getting fast passes and actually using them unlike last night. I think the standby was around 15-20minutes so we got in line. I looked for the bamboo thing and the rope and well but saw nothing. I did hear some screams though so that scared me. I was nervous walking through the lineup, through the video and then faster than you can say "indiana jones stole my pocketbook of cheese and fed it to a band of hungry lactose intolerant mice that ended up with a bad bout of diahhrea and had to rock paper scissors for the loo every 10 minutes" We were on the ride. by the way that meant that the line was not so short and not exactly super fast moving. We got on our buggy thing? don't remember the name of it with a group of very loud screaming girls. I deathgripped dbf's hand and off we went on our slightly rocky adventure. I'll admit something, i've never been on this ride but i've HEARD about it, i know that there are snakes, spiders and a huge rock. I also know about the spears. I think that i scare myself more imagining what the ride would be like than the ride is actually scary. See the snakes didnt' jump out at me like i thought they would, i thought there were REAL spears instead of shooting air. So overall i enjoyed the ride, and it really wasnt' that scary.

After our big rock adventure, dbf noticed jungle cruise had a 5 minute wait. Hm..i debated about it and then decided no. I was hungry, i wanted food. I also wanted to try carnation cafe. We walked to carnation cafe to find out that it was full and had a line. I didnt' really want to wait in a line so we consulted the map and decided on the french market. Cause it had jambalya on it's menu. Skipped happily over there to find out it was closed, till 11am. Darnit with 20 minutes to spare. Darn that cat! i don't really know why i said that but i did. We explored the shops and i bought a pair of jack skellington earings for a friend that loves nightmare before christmas. That took about 4 minutes. Darn my fast shopping skills! We wandered aimlessly for a bit and then finally it opened.

French market had no jambalaya. I was disappointed, dbf was too. I wanted the fettuchini and dbf had the beef dip. I was really really hoping he'd order chicken cause i wanted some, yet i had a craving for pasta so i had to have that. We got our food relatively fast and sat outside and ate it. I salt and peppered and tabasco'ed my meal. Why cause i can that and it was a little bland for my tastes but i do like my food kinda salty. My mother doesnt' approve of me eating too salty foods but then again my mother is not at disneyland. But dbf was, so he commented on it, darn the fact that those two talk about me. The beef dip was so so so good, the meat was shredded and so tasty, i stole several bites from dbf. Then we sat for a bit cause yesterday, after stuffing ourselves we walked right away rather fast and rode coasters and i ended up with tummy cramps. Therefore it was decided that from then on we would sit at least 10 minutes and do something light before our coaster runs. Dbf saw the tram station and asked if i wanted to ride the tram, I considered, i debated, the announcement that the tram was pulling into the station played, i bolted for it. Leaving dbf to dump the trays and grab the backpack. I made it on the tram, he did too. I think the tram was actually a train, so read back and repalce tram with train cause i'm too lazy to fix it.

The train ride was pretty exciting, we saw dinosaurs. That kinda scared me a bit. I told you i was a wuss, you just didn't believe me. We rode the tram once all the way around and then stopped at tomorrow land for you know what. (whispers space mountain)

Space mountain, my love, i was super pumped and excited for this ride, now i know i'm a wuss with coasters but this ride is so much fun and there's no steep drops therefore no mild heartattacks so i absolutely love love love it. Right before we got on the ride, i grabbed another fast pass for later for space, return time was 4:55 i believe. I waited, watched people load and before i knew it, i zoomed through and was done. Leaving me grinning like a fool and feeling that need for speed again.

On the way out of tomorrow land we checked the line for matterhorn, again way too long, so we assured ourselves that on tuesday EE day we would be in those bobsleds whizzing around the mountain. So off to frontierland it was for us.

Frontierland, just as we walked in there was a pretzel stand. Ooh pretzels, i was told by a previous poster that apple cinnamon pretzels are delish so i got in line to buy one. I was kinda torn though, jalepeno's or the mickey with cheese or the apple one. I considered buying 2 but then decided on just buying the apple one. I proudly showed my dbf the pretzel and offered him a bite. To which i learned this he doesn't like cinnamon or pretzels. Wow i learn something new everyday, so i chomped on my pretzel all by myself. BTMR was up ahead and had a 20 minute wait so we got in line.

*DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH OR WISH TO ENJOY APPLE CINNAMON FOODS IN THE FUTURE* I will signal the okay for you to continue reading with this :cloud9: icon. Once you see that you may continue reading.

Okay, so you've been warned, the thing i have to tell you is that, i had a hard time stomaching the pretzel cause, the filling is warm and goopy and apply. I was trying SO HARD not to think about boogers while i ate it. I'm sorry but whenever i eat stuff goopy and warm i think of boogers, especially since the filling was brown. Not that i've ever eaten a booger in my entire life. Just that's what i think about when i eat apple cinnamon gloopy things. So i was staring at this pretzel trying so hard not to think about it but by doing so i was thinking about it. Continuing on though!

:cloud9: Other readers WELCOME BACK,

I got in line eating my pretzel with dbf, beside me. My pretzel on the outside tasted like licking asphalt. It had this really bitter taste to it. I don't know if it was cause it was burned or the seasoning but it was gross. So about half way through, and with above mentioned reasons. I chucked my pretzel. Not upchucked but chucked into a garbage. I'm so sorry, i tried so hard to eat it, it was pretty good, maybe i just got a bad one. By then it was our turn to ride, YAY, pretty much a choo choo and a whoosh and a swish later we were done. I wanted to do it again, dbf said no, again that need for speed was building.

It was around 1-2ish now? maybe? i don't know i didn't keep track of time, but we were ready to cross over to california adventures for some screaming!! And i had also promised dbf today would be Tower of terror and maliboomer day, i was hoping and wishing that he'd forget. No luck though, right after we got our hercules stamps and walked over into california. He remembered and there we were, walking towards the tower of terror.

Once we were there i reminded myself of the following reasons not to be scared.

1) Disney loves me
2) Disney would never do anything to hurt me
3) Disboard people have gone on the ride and LIVED to write about it (several times too)
4) I see people exiting the ride now, alive and in one piece

So i gathered the courage to walk over to the fast passes and get 2 of them. Not only that but i also walked into the standby line of 20 minutes. Dbf was proud of me. I knew that he'd probably enjoy this so it would be wise to get the fast passes now. The lobby is creepy, the elevator was creepy, especially since dbf decided to bend over and tie his shoe, so i didnt' have someone to protect me. When i'm scared, i like to have dbf near me, so that i can hold his hand and feel his body close to mine so that if anything scary happens i can push his body towards it and run like the wind. Actually i'm kidding...actually i'm pretty sure i'm kidding. Moving on, we ended up on the top elevator and walked up some stairs, then we got loaded onto our numbers and soon loaded onto the elevator. Before i knew it, the elevator doors were closing and the cm was bidding us farewell. OMG COME BACK CM! i thought but then the elevator started moving and we saw the story and then we shot up to the very top, oh crap i thought, oh crap. and then we fell, not too scary, i got the gut wrenching knots but no heart attacks. Up and down and up and down again and then we were done. I admit, that was awesome! I raved about the ride as we left and educated dbf about how every ride is randomn.

Walked all the way to the back of the pier for my favorite screaming, fast pass time was not in frame yet so we went to ride the maliboomer. I was scared once again. The line was way too short, no sooner than we got in it, we were on the ride and i was gripping onto dbf's hand. Then there was an announcement about not holding other people's hands and holding the bars, so i did. And we waited, omg the waiting, it stunk so bad and then just when i thought the ride would never start, WHOOSH i was at the top and wheee back down to the bottom. Once again, only a mild heartattack so it was allright. I got off the ride and on our way out overheard a guy saying his ankle hurt, this was actually the second person i overheard saying their ankle hurt. I guess maybe the force going up if your feet are hanging at an angle can kinda twist it. So becareful folks!

Fp time for tower of terror was in frame now so of course we got fast passes for screaming. I debated going in the standby line of 30 minutes as well but dbf said no. Darn that party pooper, why'd he have to come again? oh yeah he paid. Seeing that it was getting kinda late, we headed over to pacific wharf for some grub.

Next chapter: Grub and ducks and i'm called a chicken.

You are doing a fantastic job of allowing the reader to visualize events as they happen! Thank you for your sidenotes and viewpoints. I definitely get what you are saying. Plus, you and your DBF sound like a fun twosome :goodvibes

Pumpkinfish: Thank you so much for your comment. It means a lot to know that your truly enjoying my report. :hug:

Now to continue my trippie, where was i, oh yeah. So we were hungry now but we had a plan. Yes a plan for lunch. Most of our meals were pretty much spontaneous, i'll admit it, we didnt' make a single ADR at all. Cause we, well mostly me kinda eats based on what i feel like eating at that point in time. Most days me and dbf can't make up our minds to where to eat so we'll drive around in circles until i get a craving for something. And lets say we can't find food for that craving, we wait for it to pass and be replaced with another. Yah i told you we were wierd, and sometimes by the time we get to the restaurant the craving has passed.

Back to disney, we walked towards the pier and looked at the anchovies in the gigantic net. There were also singers dressed in mexico attire, i dont remember the name of the band, but they were pretty good. I had told dbf i would wait for him *right here* as in the spot i was standing in cause he had to go to the bathroom. The minute he started walking away i noticed the margarita stand. So being the short attention spanned person i am i walked away from said spot and got in line for a magarita. Mm..margarita's, i got the non-alchoholic strawberry one. It was so good, and nice and cold and yummy. By the time i turned around i noticed, dbf standing at said spot looking around kinda worried. Oh crap i though, i went up to him and he promptly asked me where i was. I told him at the margarita stand and then shoved the straw in his mouth, he took a sip and was like "that's good" Sweet, plan a worked, so then we went into the bakery line for our soups. I debated whether or not i wanted the soup or the salad or a mickey rice krispie. The line moved fairly quickly and we ordered, dbf had the clam chowder in the soup bowl and i had broccoli and cheese soup. After gathering some utensils we sat outside on a table near the railing so we could feed the ducks. Lunch was awesome, and the ducks agreed too. I have to admit though, there are a lot of birds in disney and not a lotta poo. So which leads me to say this. I would hate to be the person in charge of getting rid of said poo. But i would also like to commend them on an excellent job. I ate most of my soup and tried again not to look at some bird poo that was on the railing. Whenever i see something disgusting and am eating something of possibly the same texture i get nauseated. My imagination starts to picture me eating said disgusting thing and then i have to make a gaggy face. Darn all those years of reading and my great imagination. Good for memory and excellent for painting pictures when i read books. But horrible cause, i'm a scaredy cat and i picture monsters and creepy things. Bloody mary gave me nightmares for months, and that was in grade 12. Oh crap i mentioned her now i'm going to start thinking about her for another 3 months. So we are going to move on now, and quickly.

After lunch, we sat for a bit, i wasn't stuffed stuffed, i was comfortably full, as i hadnt' finished my entire bread bowl, but i did eat a good chunk of it. We walked into bugs land again, and then decided that there really wasn't much there that we hadn't seen. I wanted to go on soaring again, so we walked over there, the line was 40 minutes, and it would be a good 20 minutes before i could get a soaring fast pass. We walked around the area and then Dbf noticed the grizzly river run and saw that most rafts were coming down empty. he wanted to go on it, i didn't. He whined, i sulked, he sulked, i pouted, he pouted, i whined. I didnt' want to get wet. He pointed out that most people werent' that wet. So i pointed to a women that was clearly soaked. Finally he decided he would go it alone. I told him fine, i would wait for him here. He asked me to at least walk him to the entrance. Now i'm no dummy, i knew his plot, walk me to the entrance and then force me on the ride. I saw it coming, why? cause my dad used to do this to me all the time. I walked him to the entrance and the cm at the front of the line was saying how it was a walk on right now. I stopped at the entrance and dbf kept going, he stopped and tried to convince me again to go on the ride. Once again i declined. So he went off by himself. I walked over to the bridge area so i could watch him. I saw probably a good 15 rafts before finally his came down. He was with another family, a dad and two kids. i was happy cause i had seen a couple rafts come down with a single rider, and to see him laughing and smiling with the other family made me feel a bit better about bailing on him. I waited for him at the exit, the family that he sat with came down with him and the father called me a chicken, he said that he knew i was his g/f and that i was a chicken for not going on the ride. Dbf laughed, i probalby gave a shy smile. I then apologized to dbf for not going with him so he gave me the oppurtunity to ride with him and he'd forget about me bailing on him. I decided i didn't want to ride, but dbf was fine with that. His back was wet, but he said it was due to the fact that he had leaned back on the wet seat. After that we walked around a bit more and it was finally time to get our soaring fp's.

After getting our soaring fps, i took out our other fp's and admired them. I had 4, that's the most we managed to get, Soaring, Screaming, ToT and Space mountain. We kinda mapped it out, that we would do screaming, then tot then space, go out for dinner and then come back for soaring later on.

Next chapter: The only thing i regretted doing on our trip...

I think i may quite possibly have writers block. I could probably churn out a trip report right this moment but my brain is saying "No, don't do it" i think it's mostly because my brain is lazy and doesnt' want to go into the filing cabinet and pull out the gigantic folder marked "disney memories" But it's okay though, because i have access to my lovely trip report planner. YES i have a trip report planner! Muahaha and here i had you all fooled that i had a stunningly amazing vivid memory. Well i guess i kinda have a good memory but it needs to be jump started at times. But the trip report planner kinda failed in a way, cause i have terrible handwriting (i honestly cannot read half my writing), and i managed to skip randomn pages and not number/date them so i'm pretty much putting together a puzzle as well.

So moving on, it is now after the grizzley river run and dbf is still semi teasing me about not going on grizzely river run. Oh yeah by the way i should add that in this day, we managed to eat a churro, wait it's coming back to me now, i bought a churro from a stand outside the castle ish area. That and i think we had a churro on saturday as well, probably sometime between waking up and sleeping. Therefore mission accomplished 2 churros, the first one i remember was hot and fresh and kinda burning me through the paper, the other one was a little stale and kinda more chewy. But it was still delicious.

We walked towards my favorite ride of all, screaming. I knew that i would have the mild heart attack again. It's okay though cause i figure that if i give my self mild heart attacks then that probably just strenghtens my heart or something. So as we got nearer, i got more scared and nervous. We got in line and beads of sweat were probably forming, my heart was beating faster, and my tummy was getting all tied in knots again. The line moved super quickly and before i knew it, i was strapped into the ride, again, i debated sucking in my stomach and clicking the rest strap thing down another notch but then decided that being able to breathe for the 2 minute ride was probably a good idea. The countdown, the drop, the heart attack, the fast curves, another drop, a loop, another drop, a series of tiny bumps, some fast curves, and we were done. My legs felt like jelly for a bit, and my heart was just regaining a regular rhythum but i was elated. This ride is so awesome, i absolutley LOVE IT. Once again i yammered about how awesome the ride was to dbf who was getting pretty used to hearing the same things. We looked at our picture, and walked back towards tot.

Dbf then decided he needed to go to the bathroom. Being the wonderful non-commando g/f that i was today, i let him go. I noticed a large group of people forming so i walked up and met. THE TALKING TRASHCAN. OMG he's so cute, it was so funny, he said that his name was push, and challenged a guy in a wheelchair to a race, push then popped a wheelie, which was hilarious. I can kinda remember the convo, some of it word for word some of it just the jist.

Push: Do you have any trash?
Guy: no sorry
Push: Do you want to like go buy a churro and throw it away?
Guy: (couldnt' really hear him, i think he said sure?)
Push: Hey we're both on wheels, maybe we could go rob a churro cart or something.

It was so funny and cute, push talked to a little boy and then said his goodbye as he had to go. He then kept saying "sorry sorry" and basically followed this teen around bumping into him. It was so funny, i watched him as he "walked" all the way into the back. And then dbf appeared, i mentioned to him what had happened and he was just like "oh"

When we were walking past it's a bugs land, a cm in blue pants and a clipboard came up to us, and in my head i was thinking "OMG OMG" she came up to us and asked us one question, which was "Did you guys start out at california adventures first?" to which we responded "no" and then she thanked us and walked away. Leaving me to think "WHAT IF I HAD SAID YES" Oh wells, maybe it was just a survey or something, but still darnit!

After that we walked back towards the backlot for ToT, another heart wrenching experience, on the way we caught some of the block party. It was pretty good, i enjoyed the 5 minutes or so that we managed to catch. I commented to dbf that the green army man was hot, he rolled his eyes. At the very end of the songs, there were bouncy balls that bounced out into the audience, so if you want one you have to be close. The green army guy also throws out a couple. After that we walked into the backlots and headed straight for ToT, well with a quick bathroom break for me. I didnt' know where the bathroom was so i asked a CM "do you know where's the closest bathroom" she looked a little confused at first and then pointed me towards the cruella de vill's trailer, after i came out dbf commented that i was wrong to ask where the bathroom was as apparently people in the states say restroom. I didnt' know it mattered so oopsies.

We used our fast passes and bypassed the small short lobby wait and went straight into the elevator, after the movie we ended up going straight so we were on the bottom elevator. We ended up in row 2 i think, sitting next to a very nice lady. Our cm said good bye and up we went, after the second little show part i expected to go up as that's how our last ride was. I WAS WRONG and super shocked and surprised when we suddenly dropped at least 5 stories. So was the lady next to me as she grabbed my leg and then jerked it away after she realized what she had done. I was fine with it, she seemed slightly embaressed. I thought about offering her my hand to hold but realized that i have clammy hands when i'm scared so i didnt' say anything. That and i'm kinda shy remember. I'd have to say though, this ride was much better than the last one. I kinda wanted to ride again, but dbf assured me that on tuesday we'd have plenty of time so i sadly said goodbye to ToT for now.

Now it was time to cross over for space mountain. Before exiting i thought about it and asked dbf if he just wanted to wait for soaring fp's to go into frame and then ride it and then go to disneyland so we wouldnt' have to come back. He said that it was easier to walk through grand californian to get back to our hotel so we might as well leave soaring for last. That made sense so off to disneyland it was for us.

We whistled into disneyland, and headed straight for tomorrowland, people were already sitting on the sidewalks awaiting the parade, dbf looked at me and asked if i was sure i didn't mind missing the parade, i told him that it was fine, as i was certain that i would revisit the park one day and be able to do all the things i've missed, the fireworks, fantasmic and the parade. We walked into tomorrowland and noticed that star tours had a short line, dbf declined saying that one ride was enough for him.

Once again by the time we got there, the fast passes were all out and space mountain had a 40 minute standby wait. We got in line, watched people load and before i knew it, i whizzed off with the red hot chili peppers blasting in my ears and a grin plastered to my face. Dbf rode it as if he was riding a bus or something, he just sat there kinda expressionless as he kinda is during most rides. The ride was over and i was kinda sad. After space mountain, we headed towards california adventure again, i saw a glimpse of the parade and it was beautiful, the float i saw was with mickey and minnie. Dbf asked me if i wanted to watch and i said it was fine and it was off to soaring for us.

After we exited disneyland, dbf and i debated whether or not to just go for dinner first and then return for soaring. In the end we decided to ride soaring first, so another whistle into california and to soaring. Soaring had a 30-40 minute wait, i handed our fp's to the cm at the gate and he held them and looked at me and said,

Cm: I'm sorry but these fp's are for soaring, this is tower of terror

I froze, i stared at my tickets thinking, oh crap what have i done, my brain was processing the sentance and then i looked up and he was smiling and said "just kidding" My jaw just dropped, and i headed in declaring that he was mean, j/king of course. his response was "I made you smile though" Me and dbf laughed and then waited in line to load our glider. We sat in the last row this time and once again saw some feet, but the ride was awesome, i loved it it was so relaxing and then we touched down and everybody clapped.

We exited and once again talked about dirt spots, that were apparently in different places now, we walked through the grand californian and then realized something, we were lost and had no idea how to get out to where we needed to be. So we went out the downtown disney entrance and ended up walking through most of downtown disney and then out. We returned to our hotel first and then set out for food.

We walked really far for some chinese food that in my mind was pretty mediocre. Mostly because i got over orange chicken and sesame chicken and fried rice a couple years ago. After that we walked the long walk back to our hotel and rested. Dbf then called up the grayline and made our reservations for universal. It was a 8am pick up i believe from the front of our hotel. I sulked a bit, but dbf pointed out that we had done most of disney and california and then we were just re-riding rides that we could do on tuesday. I agreed knowing that it was pretty much set that we were headed to universal the next day. I then ate chocolate pretzels dipped in coffee i made with the hotels coffee pot and 3 day old kettle corn, while watching iron chef and various shows on the food network. After setting the alarm and brushing our teeth we went to bed.

Next chapter: Universal and my stomach rebells

I awoke the next morning, unhappy, not just because i had to give up a disney day for universal today but also because of a dream. Yes i am one of those people that are lucky enough to dream every night and remember it. I have strange ones too, and last nights dream involved, my dbf, a lady, and an 8 month old son. Let me elaborate on my dream, I had a dream where i was at a clubbish thing, and i guess i was confronting dbf and his mistress and his son. I looked at the little baby and asked how old it was, it responded 8. Yes the 8 month old baby could talk, leave it up to my cheating dbf to have a genius child. Anyways the dream goes on and in the dream we are in disneyland and the lady is taking care of the baby and fawning of dbf both of them acting like a couple and i'm behind them just fuming. I'm fuming because dbf apparently could not choose me or her. In the dream i had a 2 year old son that wasn't with me but it was like one of those facts you know when your in the dream. We go on the indiana jones ride, and i fume. There was something about star tours but i dont' really recall now, Eventually i walk away and go down mainstreet which is super busy by myself and try to take out money from a broken atm. And then i look at a calender and realize that that month was the 100 day month. After that i awoke to the alarm.

So the first thing my dbf gets to hear when he awakes is this.

Me: So who do you pick?
Dbf: huhn?
Me: WHO DO YOU PICK?
Dbf: What are you talking about?
Me: are you going to pick her or me?
Dbf: who's her? *pause* did you have one of those dreams again
Me: maybe...so who are you going to pick?
Dbf: i thought we agreed that you were going to keep your crazy dreams to yourself.

I then explain in great detail the dream, while i brush my teeth and get ready for universal. Explaining about the 8 month old kid, the dream, the indiana jones part and a brief little part about star tours. All the while, harassing dbf about who he would choose. Now if he had just said me i would of been perfectly happy but noooo, my dbf has to way his choices.

Dbf: So the other lady has a son?
Me: yes.
Dbf: Is it mine?
Me: *sounding exasperated* of course it's yours!
Dbf: well i'm just asking.
Me: yeah and it's super smart too, cause i asked it how old it was and it said 8 as in 8 months old.
Dbf: So he's super smart eh? hm must be from my genes
Me: *laugh*sure...so who do you pick?
Dbf: Okay well if she had a kid, then i guess her
Me: Well i have a kid too!! he's 2 years old!
Dbf: Oh, is it mine?
Me: YES IT"S YOURS! (i'm pretty sure something was thrown here..possibly a pillow) And it was wierd cause there was a part where i was thinking about how the month had 100 days.
Dbf: wait maybe we were on a different planet
Me: maybe, iunno, so pick already!
Dbf: hey maybe i was on a different planet, so maybe i had like a wife for each planet.
Me: Uh...i don't think so, JUST PICK ALREADY!
Dbf: fine fine, i pick you
Me: thank you

By that time, we were running slightly late for our bus pick up. I got dressed and showered and put on my shoes, my feet were sore and didnt' want to get back in them but they did. My tummy also started to feel not so good around this time. Dbf left before me and i caught up at the bus stop. A greyline bus picked us up, and then several other people, a short drive later it dropped us off at the bus depot where we were instructed to purchase our tickets. It was probably around 8:50 or so, we were picked up at i believe 8:15ish? from our hotel. We got off the bus and walked into the depot, dbf got in line to buy our tickets 122 dollars for 2 people to universal while i browsed through the little shop there. I was feeling okay, tummy kinda queasy. We boarded our bus and recieved a yellow sticker to put on. The bus filled up quickly and was full when we pulled out.

Now during the bus ride i started to feel a little sicker, my tummy wasn't feeling so good and i was starting to feel nauseous.

Next chapter: My tummy continues to rebell and i spent some quality time with the cot in the first aid station.

We're waiting to hear more!!! You can't just leave us hanging. I've enjoyed what I've read so far...Keep going!

It is now valentines day so i would like to wish everyone a
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY! :thumbsup2
Although as we speak, my valentine is sleeping upstairs and dead to the world. And if your wondering, yes i've already gone through my lovely wake up phase and i even whacked him with a heart shaped pooh bear balloon and he didn't wake up. Oh wells, i tried. Therefore back to my trippie report.

The bus ride was...well...a bus ride. We sat, and sat and sat. It was kinda boring but not, because the bus driver was really nice and basically told us tips about universal and told us about what we were seeing as we passed it and all the highways and freeways. He was really nice and i don't remember his name but i can picture what he looks like if that helps any. His name i think started with an H, oh yeah, about the universal thing, it was pretty good cause you pay for admission and the shuttle and everything is free. He explained to us why we had stickers on, apparently some local children sometiems will jump into the group and then get in for free, so to stop it we get stickers. So they can differentiate who's in the group and who's not. My tummy was feeling kinda blah at this time, like when you know your begining not to feel well. I told dbf and at first he was kinda worried then after he was like "why didnt' you say something before we got on the bus" and i was like "i dunno?" We got to universal in great time, the park opens at 10 and we were there at probably 9:45-9:50. We got in and dbf asked for the camera, OOPS didn't bring it.

Backstory on the camera, Dis friends i have failed you all, i took 20 pictures. And about 15 of them were Make up photos. Which are photos you randomnly take to make up for the fact that you have no photos at all. I'm not a good photographer nor am i very good at remembering to take them. That and half the time i was honestly too lazy to take out the camera and take a picture.

He then asked me why i didnt' bring it, and i brought up the fact that even if i did i doubted we'd take more than like 3 pictures anyways. He agreed so we dropped it at that. We entered the park and then stood with another probably 50 other people by this area which i guess separated the closed park and the outside. There apparently was some filming going on so we were told to not take the tram tour till later. The park opened at 10, while we were waiting i started to not feel so good, my tummy was queasy but bearable. When the park opened shrek and fiona came and ran/walked ahead of us like leading us into the park. I kept thinking how cool it would be if that was mickey and i was in disneyland. But alas i was very far from disney. We decided to watch shrek 4D first, so we did, it was cute and i do enjoy shrek so it was pretty good.

Afterwards i was still kinda queasy but allright. We walked towards the back and got in line for back to the futures, now when i was standing in line, i started getting those chills, you know when you have a fever and your entire body just gets a chill that runs down and then you break out in a sweat, yes those ones, with a queasy stomach. I considered backing out at that point when we walked into the loading zone. Standing up seemed to make the queasiness and chills worse than if i was sitting or leaning on something. The standby wait was 10 minutes, it was a pretty dead day at universal. The ride was pretty good, i enjoyed it even in my not feeling so well state. I felt better during the jerkiness parts but at one point, i was sitting at the back and my hair kept getting caught in something, just ONE STRAND and everytime the vechicle jerked it yanked out one strand of hair. So somewhere in universal in the back to the future car there is at least 15 strands of my hair.

After back to the future we went down the series of escalators, actually we went down one and then i had to sit, the queasiness had turned into an upset stomach and standing produced those chills and now i was slightly nauseous as well. Dbf was worried about me but we also knew that we were stuck at universal until the bus left at 6:30. It was probably only around 10:45 or so. I took 2 pepto bismol tablets and hoped for the best, i also had two advils. i sat for a bit and then went down the next 2-3 escalators as there were no seats till the very bottom. I had to sit almost immediately, if i was sitting the queasiness somewhat subsided so i sat by the mummy ride. After this dbf wanted some food, so we went to the jurassic park cafe or something to eat, it was counter service, i only wanted a watermelon cup and dbf had a chicken meal. I didnt' feel good enough to eat greasy foods at that point. As a side note for 19.95 for an adult you get all you can eat counterservice ALL DAY and at 3 restaurants. I believe it includes, drink, food, and dessert. Not a bad deal if you eat alot, that and honestly they don't watch watch you so you could probably just share, and later on in the day i saw someone get food and pack it up to bring home. I ate about three pieces of watermelon before my tummy told me to stop with sharp pains. I watched dbf eat and then slowly but surely my health was degrading, i was feeling worse and worse. Then afterwards we sat outside by the mummy ride and debated going on it. Dbf then asked me if i wanted to go on the mummy ride, i didn't feel well enough so i prodded him to go himself, but he refused. So he sat by me for awhile, i felt a bit better and told him lets go on the ride. He questioned me about 15 times, i assured him i was fine so we got in line, we were told to put our bag into a locker and while he did that, the chills returned and the queasiness and the nasea and i quickly told him i felt like puking and ran for the bathroom. I was in there for awhile but no puke. I regretted taking pepto, i'm sure that it was preventing me from hurling but the way i felt i would of taken hurling of feeling crappy all afternoon. When i came out, dbf just came off the ride, he asked me where i was, i told him and then asked him where he was. Apparently he hadn't heard me and figured i had gone into the ride so he rode alone TWICE cause he figured i had too. Yes me, i'm scared of rides and i went on the mummy coaster twice by myself. I told him his reasoning was insane. I felt sick again, so we sat again. Dbf then suggested the first aid station, but i didn't want to go. So we sat some more, eventually i felt so bad that i was literally almost in tears and mumbling something about wanting to go home, Dbf then asked again if i wanted to go to first aid, and i finally agreed. So we went back up the escalators, with dbf holding on to me to make sure i didn't fall. While i mumbled about wanting to go home. When we got to the top, dbf let me have a seat while he went to figure out where the first aid was. I was feeling like crap, i kept feeling like i had to hurl but then couldn't and with the chills and tummy cramps. We finally got to the first aid station, and dbf explained that i just needed a cot, We got pointed to a cot in the corner and i lay down and dbf sat by me. We closed the curtain for privacy and eventually i just fell asleep.

Next chapter: Dbf? where art thou?

Oh no! What a waste of a day at Universal Studios! How awful to be so sick on vaca.! You poor thing!

Oh, nooooo. :sick:

The only thing worse than being sick is being sick on vacation! How sad and disappointing for you!

Waiting to hear what happened next...

Pooh, really funny sidenote for ya (you know how I love my stories!)...everytime I go to Universal in Florida and ride Back To The Future, my hair gets caught in the seat too!

Don't you just love the male mind at times? I mean...he rode it TWICE?! LOL! But it seems like he was trying to take care of you. Sounds like ya got a great man there!

Staley: thank you, and yeah it stunk to be sick but then again at least it wasn't disney, cause if it was, i'd not only be crying cause i was sick but i'd probably be blubbering about not being to see the mouse. :rotfl:

Alex: thanks for reading along! and yeah being sick stinks, more than the stink bug in it's tough to be a bug!

Pumpkin: Lol, yay at least i'm not the only one with the problem, darn hair yanking back to the future! Yeah, he took good care of me, though sometimes i find his reasoning...well...odd.

Looking back now, i think it was the coffee that made me sick, as i forgot to rinse out the pot before i made coffee in it, that and i learned recently that home coffee pots dont' heat up enough to actually kill any germs. So i probably was dunking my yummy pretzels into germy coffee and i drank it.
With that i continue my journey in the first aid room.

I had fallen asleep on the cot/bed thing. let me explain the cot/bed thing to you, it's i guess more of a little bed thing, its hm...i guess the best way to explain it is, you know when you go to the doctors, and they have that usually black seat thing for you to lie one, YES THAT. that's what it was like, only it was not up on a counter and stood on 4 legs. My bed thing had a sheet of paper on it, so everytime i moved it crinkled, and a pillow with a piece of paper towel on it, and a blanket. I'd ended up sleeping on my side, as when i tried other positions i felt worse, when i had fallen asleep, dbf had been sitting on the bed and i had been semi hugging him. When i awoke, HE WAS GONE! At first i panicked a bit, but then my tummy hurt so i was too busy in the fetal position to care where dbf was. The pains subsided and i lay there for a bit, listening to the first aid lady's conversation on the phone.

Lady: Hello? hey i was wondering if you could come cover me for my break, there's a patient sleeping in here and i can't leave.
Other lady: obviously could not hear this one
Lady: yeah okay, i'll wait

Now i felt bad, cause i was here, the poor lady couldn't have her break. Not to mention i do snore, yes i admit it i snore. So i lay there, debating my options, get up and leave this lady for her break and possibly DIE, or lay here and inconvinience her. But then again, it is her job. but i did feel bad...So i sat up, and walked over to her, firstly asking about dbf, she told me that dbf had gone to ride some rides and would be back later. She asked me how i was doing, and i said okay but still not great and she told me that if i didn't feel well i could go back and rest until he came. So i said okay and went back to lay on my cot. I couldnt' sleep for a bit, i just lay there and wondered what dbf was doing, well at least he was getting our moneys worth, In my mind i cheered dbf on to ride 122 dollars worth of rides and watch that amount in shows. And i heard about other peoples first aid dilemma's too, one father came in because his son was still throwing up, so he was sent to urgent care. Several people came in for bandaids and that was about it. Then the other lady came in, and talked to the nurse lady for a bit, they talked about their schooling, daughters, real estate career, husbands and about the fact that apparently the first aid people are getting a seminar, but one said nurse was not invited and had to contact the first aid coordinator to find out or something.

I was bored, and sick and bored, yes i know eavesdropping is bad, but then again it wasnt really eavesdropping cause i was in a dead silent room, counting the stains on the curtain (14 if your curious). Eventually i fell asleep again.

I awoke to dbf sitting on my bed in the same position he left. Trying to be sly eh, pretend you were never gone eh? well i caught onto you mister! I didn't tell him that though, he asked me how i felt and i said better, i think the second time i slept i must of actually gone into deep sleep or soemthing because i awoke MUCH better. I was still a little queasy but that pukiness feeling was gone. It was apparently almost 5 o'clock, so he asked me if i wanted to get up now and try walking around for an hour. I decided to 15 more minutes of sleep, so i did and then we got up. The nurse asked how i was and i said much better, dbf then had a chat with the nurse about how i haven't drank/ate anything all day and she strongly urged me too. So dbf got a cup of water from me.

Outside, dbf made me drink the water, so i drank 2 tiny sips. He wasn't pleased, but i put on a pouty face and said i didnt' want anymore, so he said fine and tossed the cup. We noticed that people were loading into the animal show arena, so he asked me if i wanted to watch. I said sure so we went to watch the show. IT WAS SO CUTE! i love animals, and monkeys and orangutans. If you ever get the chance try to watch monkey buisness, it's an awesome show that doens't show very much anymore, it's on animal planet. Dbf was super attentive and basically treated me like a princess the entire time.

After the show, dbf decided to get something to eat, so i followed him into a dinerish counterservice place. He got a burger and i got a watermelon cup. I actually debated the chickenstrips and fries but decided that i may DIE if i did that. I was feeling better but not like 100% i was probably around 75% or so. As he was paying i noticed that the lady behind me got a rice krispie square, and i wanted one, so i told dbf and after we paid and sat he went to get me a rice krispie square. I ate my entire watermelon cup before he returned. Yay me! then i sat there with a fork stabbed into my rice krispie chunk and ate it. Dbf was happy i was eating his burger was pretty good too according to him, i brought up the fact that the couple next to us, had packed up their food to go, and how if you get to pack up a meal to go then technically that all you can eat deal is pretty good. Actually very good, seeing as how dbf had a chicken dinner and a burger and i had 2 watermelon cups and a rice krispie and the cost was about the same if not a little more than the all you can eat thing. Halfway through, i got stabbing pains again, so i stopped eating, i felt a little bad but not bad like before. After that we got on the bus, the bus left at 6:30 but we were told that we could sit from 6 o'clock onwards. We got on the bus and sat and waited till at 6:30 the bus pulled out. Oh yeah as a side note, jurassic park was down, so dbf was kinda peeved, apparently it closed the day we went.

The bus ride was pretty uneventful, i slept on dbf's shoulder and dbf was such a sweet heart cause apparently his shoulder was killing him but he just took it instead of waking me up. When i awoke, we were already back in anaheim and just about to drop off. Dbf asked me how i was and i said fine. The bus dropped everyone off and then dropped us off across the street from our hotel, we were the second to last dropped off. I have to say though, the bus driver was awesome, he was funny and full of facts and just an awesome guy. Dbf tipped him and then we got off the bus. Now standing at the crosswalk, all of a sudden the sickness just hit me again and i dropped to probably feeling like 55% well, by the time we crossed the street, i was clutching my tummy and mumbling about wanting to go home again, so dbf kinda walked/carried me back to the room, in which i promptly threw off my shoes and jumped into bed. It was about 7:47pm, dbf put the garbage next to my bed and turned up the heat, cause i was cold, tucked me in and watched t.v as i slept. The next time i awoke, he was just leaving for dinner and asked me if i wanted anything. I said fruit and with that he left for dinner. I slept once again and the next time i awoke, he was just back and talked about how he went to denny's next door and that they didnt' have fruit but if i wanted he would get me some soup. I declined and sat up to watch t.v. I felt a lot better.

We watched t.v. and after watching the food network's show on tex mex i craved nacho's, so dbf walked out to the vending machine at like midnight to get me some nacho's. Mm, they stayed down and i was happy. Dbf then commented on the fact that i chose the universal day to get sick. I told him that i didn't chooose to be sick, and he was like "i'm just saying" After more t.v., we didnt' set the alarm, early entry was 9am the next morning but seeing as if i was still sick we would probably just sleep in. Dbf called the supershuttle to pick us up and called front desk requesting a later checkout. We were given 1pm. With that we called it a night and i fell asleep again for the millionth time!

Wow, I'm really enjoying your trip report... you are a very good writer... I'm sorry you weren't feeling well though some of your trip, but hopefully, you started feeling better before going back to Disneyland... I'm anxiously awaiting the rest of your report... keep it coming... thanks again... :)

Disney donna: thank you very much! i really enjoyed your report too. And i feel 100% better now. I'm almost done my report, just have my last half day and the flight home left. :goodvibes

Odd reasoning...I get you! You know, because you CHOSE to get sick on your Universal day ;)
I am glad you felt better after finally laying down that night. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter