Missing Thai soccer boys and coach are found alive in cave, EVERYONE is out of the cave!

Has it been said if there is a danger that the section of the cave the boys are in could flood? I know they're doing their best to pump it out, but that's a massive amount of water.

I can't imagine what those boys went thru - 9 days w/o food, 9 days in total darkness and no sense of time probably assuming they would die in their - and now all those rescue workers and their dedication. I am glued to this story and I wish for everyone to be safe.

I heard this morning that Elon Musk is sending some of the engineers from his boring company. I hope they can find a way to rescue the boys without any more loss of life.

After catching up here it's finally dawning on my just how daunting this rescue is. How on earth did they end up that deep in a cave system? Were they that deep already that far when the storms hit? Or did they have no choice but to keep going when the water hit?

Now they're saying the oxygen level is dropping and they have a limited amount of time to be rescued.

I heard this morning that Elon Musk is sending some of the engineers from his boring company. I hope they can find a way to rescue the boys without any more loss of life.

After catching up here it's finally dawning on my just how daunting this rescue is. How on earth did they end up that deep in a cave system? Were they that deep already that far when the storms hit? Or did they have no choice but to keep going when the water hit?

I think I read that they ended up that far in because they kept having to move to higher ground to get away from the rising water.

Now they're saying the oxygen level is dropping and they have a limited amount of time to be rescued.

One report I heard today said that ironically, part of the problem with oxygen supply is the number of rescuers that are in the cave. Kind of a Catch 22.

This situation boggles the mind. I can't imagine what a nightmare it is for everyone involved. I hope this ends without more casualties.

The bolded sentence. They were only part of the way in the cave, the rains came and flooded the entrance, so they had to go deeper to reach dry ground.

Knowing now how long it takes a diver to reach the spot they are explains why it took so long to find them initially. Kudos to the teams searching for them for finding them in the first place!

I read a couple of interesting tidbits last night. First was that the boys have reported hearing dogs barking, children playing, and roosters crowing, so they think there may be vertical connections to the outside that they don't know about, i.e. some secret passages, so they're studying that from above. Also, members of an ancient society of birdwatchers and bird nest enthusiasts are helping out from above as they are experts in the terrain.

Has it been said if there is a danger that the section of the cave the boys are in could flood? I know they're doing their best to pump it out, but that's a massive amount of water.

I can't imagine what those boys went thru - 9 days w/o food, 9 days in total darkness and no sense of time probably assuming they would die in their - and now all those rescue workers and their dedication. I am glued to this story and I wish for everyone to be safe.
Yes, they know. That's part of the desperation of their efforts. Rainy weather is expected this weekend, so there's a race against time. It's terrifying to think about!

I forgot - I also read that there was another unauthorized group of people trying to help who were actually pumping water INTO the cave while others were trying to pump it out, so they've asked that all helpers check in with authorities so they know everything that's going on.

I can't even imagine the feeling of utter helpnesses that the families are experiencing right now. Praying very hard that someone will figure out a way to get them out safely and quickly

All of this brings to mind the case of Baby Jessica in the well decades ago. I was young at the time, I just started reading this article, it is sad to hear about the effects the trauma had on her family and in the people who helped save her. Considering the workers in the cave situation have already witnessed the death of one of their fellow rescuers, I'm sure a lot of people are going to need emotional support after this too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_McClure

I'm reading how a doctor and nurse are also in the cave now with the boys, they stayed overnight with them. So that would mean the doctor and nurse both had to dive through those treacherous conditions to access the boys?? How did they even do that carrying food and medical supplies if the one portion of the cave is reportedly so narrow that the one professional diver died trying to get through? I'm assuming the medical personnel aren't also trained divers. I don't understand how they can send adult people IN the cave and plan on getting them OUT if they can't get smaller children out. Or do the rescue workers understand they too aren't going to be coming out? I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, the photo posted earlier did help me understand a bit more about the whole situation, but there are still so many details I don't get.

I'm reading how a doctor and nurse are also in the cave now with the boys, they stayed overnight with them. So that would mean the doctor and nurse both had to dive through those treacherous conditions to access the boys?? How did they even do that carrying food and medical supplies if the one portion of the cave is reportedly so narrow that the one professional diver died trying to get through? I'm assuming the medical personnel aren't also trained divers. I don't understand how they can send adult people IN the cave and plan on getting them OUT if they can't get smaller children out. Or do the rescue workers understand they too aren't going to be coming out? I'm sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, the photo posted earlier did help me understand a bit more about the whole situation, but there are still so many details I don't get.
Medical personnel are Thai Navy divers, from what I understand. But they volunteered to go and stay with the team, risking their own lives, since the journey there is treacherous, even for the most skilled divers, as we saw yesterday with the death of one of their former team members (he was retired but came back for the rescue). Others have been bringing supplies, like food, clothing, blankets, etc.

The children and their coach can't swim, let alone dive. The underwater journey into and out of the cave takes about five or six hours, in murky water, with diving equipment on, and a strong current, etc. And the medical and emotional condition of some of the boys isn't good. Getting them out by diving is not a great option, which is why they're trying to lower the water levels in the cave so it won't be as bad and maybe they can even walk out, with personnel right there with them (although they are trying to teach them to swim and dive while they wait). But rain is coming this weekend, and pumping is slow. They're looking from above, too.

It's just a horrible situation any way you slice it.

Medical personnel are Thai Navy divers, from what I understand. But they volunteered to go and stay with the team, risking their own lives, since the journey there is treacherous, even for the most skilled divers, as we saw yesterday with the death of one of their former team members (he was retired but came back for the rescue). Others have been bringing supplies, like food, clothing, blankets, etc.

The children and their coach can't swim, let alone dive. The underwater journey into and out of the cave takes about five or six hours, in murky water, with diving equipment on, and a strong current, etc. And the medical and emotional condition of some of the boys isn't good. Getting them out by diving is not a great option, which is why they're trying to lower the water levels in the cave so it won't be as bad and maybe they can even walk out, with personnel right there with them (although they are trying to teach them to swim and dive while they wait). But rain is coming this weekend, and pumping is slow. They're looking from above, too.

It's just a horrible situation any way you slice it.

Wow, true heroes to go in and risk their lives to stay with the boys. Praying for all of them

Yes, they know. That's part of the desperation of their efforts. Rainy weather is expected this weekend, so there's a race against time. It's terrifying to think about!

I forgot - I also read that there was another unauthorized group of people trying to help who were actually pumping water INTO the cave while others were trying to pump it out, so they've asked that all helpers check in with authorities so they know everything that's going on.

I wasn't sure if they were pumping the water out so the boys could be above water the entire time coming out or if was because of the danger of the cave filling up completely. Probably a little of both.

I wasn't sure if they were pumping the water out so the boys could be above water the entire time coming out or if was because of the danger of the cave filling up completely. Probably a little of both.
Yes, I think so to both. It seems there are some there who feel they HAVE to try asap to do whatever they can to get them out now because of incoming rainy weather; then there are some who feel it would be too high risk to have them swim/dive, as some will die in the process. You have those who feel that waiting would be too risky because of lack of oxygen, their ongoing/worsening medical and emotional frailty, and the potential for flooding of the space where they are. It sure would be nice to have a crystal ball handy! (And no matter which is chosen, if something goes wrong, people will say they should've chosen the other!) I am really hoping that they can find a solution from the top, maybe drill a shaft, without somehow risking their safety. We started to hear from the folks who rescued the Chilean miners, but haven't heard much more. Wouldn't it be something if the bird society are the ones who figure this out? Apparently their members have been climbing rocks and the mountainous terrain in the region for thousands of years. Maybe simple will be the way out. (Where are the noises of the dogs and children coming from???)

Elon Musk is heading over to Thailand to see if he can help.

He has an idea of inflatable
Tunes that can be put into the caves to keep everyone dry while they travel through the caves. Hopefully something gets figured out.
This would be great if they can make it happen. I'm glad he and his people have joined the effort.

what a horrifying ordeal this is!

I'm sure it was mentioned above but I missed it, how old are these boys?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter