Missing photos from memory maker. Best way to try and recover them?

ammag

DIS Veteran
Fb ally downloaded our photos and we are missing at least 20. Two of them the most important ones! I am upset....I've heard they can try and recover the photos but what is the best way to go about this and who is best to contact? Thanks!

I've had very good luck with recovering photos. Just fill out the missing photos form. Upload a photo from your own camera if you have one.

I always have them take one on my camera as well, and those have the time in the EXIF data, so that makes it very easy to find the Photopass ones.

I had this happen, if you call the photopass phone number they can help - though you need to have as much information as possible. Things that could really help everything go smoothly and recover:
Where was the picture taken - as exact of a location as possible
Time picture was taken, as close as possible to the minute if possible
What you were wearing, they can see this from your other clothes
Pixie dust

It could take some time but it is definitely recoverable and they'll add to your account.

We had over a dozen missing pictures, and they were able to recover them all. I did most of it over the phone, and as PP said, give them as much information as possible, and they should be able to find them all. It's pretty fast, too.

Also, if you're close to the expiration date, you can ask them if they can give you a few extra days, since you had a delay in being able to download them. They did that for us with no problem.

I had this happen, if you call the photopass phone number they can help - though you need to have as much information as possible. Things that could really help everything go smoothly and recover:
Where was the picture taken - as exact of a location as possible
Time picture was taken, as close as possible to the minute if possible
What you were wearing, they can see this from your other clothes
Pixie dust

It could take some time but it is definitely recoverable and they'll add to your account.

This is the best way to recover photos but I had a photo go missing, the ONLY group photo we got during our entire trip, that wasn't able to be recovered. I remember like it was yesterday, the cast members were trading shifts and they weren't able to locate our photo at the end of our character dining. They told us to "give it a few hours". I should have just grouped everyone back together for a retake but didn't and we never got our picture. I was so upset! But I do remember them asking us what time the photo was taken and what everyone was wearing. If anyone was wearing anything unique it's a big help to find those photos.

Ok, just returned on Saturday and went to download our photos on Sunday. There are literally dozens missing. It was only my husband and I and we stopped everywhere we could. There is no way I can remember the time of the photos now and we didn't have them take it with our camera since we never had an issue previously. I cannot see how they can recover even a portion of them. It seems that all the ones that I did with my magic band are the ones that are missing and I had them scan mine the majority of the time. I cannot see paying $170 for a handful of ride photos and 10 pics most of which are duplicates. All character photos are missing, EPCOT pics, the Osbourne lights pictures, in front of the Partner statue, everywhere.

I don't think they can help but I am on hold anyway. If they can't recover I would really like a refund...but I doubt I'll get one.

Ok, just returned on Saturday and went to download our photos on Sunday. There are literally dozens missing. It was only my husband and I and we stopped everywhere we could. There is no way I can remember the time of the photos now and we didn't have them take it with our camera since we never had an issue previously. I cannot see how they can recover even a portion of them. It seems that all the ones that I did with my magic band are the ones that are missing and I had them scan mine the majority of the time. I cannot see paying $170 for a handful of ride photos and 10 pics most of which are duplicates. All character photos are missing, EPCOT pics, the Osbourne lights pictures, in front of the Partner statue, everywhere.

I don't think they can help but I am on hold anyway. If they can't recover I would really like a refund...but I doubt I'll get one.

How disappointing. I hope they can help you out. I'm afraid it's going to require some reconstruction of your timeline though.

I always recommend taking at least one on your own camera, if for no other reason than to put a time and place on where you had your Photopass shots.

Fingers crossed for you!

How disappointing. I hope they can help you out. I'm afraid it's going to require some reconstruction of your timeline though.

I always recommend taking at least one on your own camera, if for no other reason than to put a time and place on where you had your Photopass shots.

Fingers crossed for you![/QUOTE]

Just got off the phone with the wonderful Asia. Seems that there was a checkbox that wasn't clicked allowing my DH to see the photos I scanned (which is silly since we are connected every other way and nothing changed from last year to this year). She fixed it and we have everything!

Crisis averted YAY! But lesson learned, will always take one pic with the phone just for nothing more than a time stamp.

Just got off the phone with the wonderful Asia. Seems that there was a checkbox that wasn't clicked allowing my DH to see the photos I scanned (which is silly since we are connected every other way and nothing changed from last year to this year). She fixed it and we have everything!

Crisis averted YAY! But lesson learned, will always take one pic with the phone just for nothing more than a time stamp.

Awesome news! I hope you got some great shots. :)

I see you figured it out, but I'm assuming you were on the app. From my experience, they do all show up when not using the app (but now that you know about the clickbox, it's not an issue).

We had a bunch of pictures missing from one trip. The trick that got them to be found was to tell them as much information as possible. We knew the date and time the pictures were taken. We also knew the location in the park where the pictures were taken. Even then they had trouble finding the photos because they were on a busy night in the Magic Kingdom. The last thing we did was upload a picture of the people in the missing photos that was taken earlier in the day. So they had a face shot of the people wearing the same thing. The same day they got back to us that they found the photos. Photopass has the ability to do face recognition searches so if you give them a photo of the person they can have the computer do the search.

Sent off all of our info I hope we hear back soon. I am missing at least 25 photos including most of our magic shots and the big family photo we planned out...I worked so hard on making clothes nd getting the photo right I am going to be heartbroken, and never buy the Memory maker again if we don't find them.

We don't use it but if we do hopefully this won't happen (if it does I'll refer to this)

You can now check them almost instantly on your MDE app if you use a magic band. This helped us on our last big trip, because we knew to try the next day for recovery. We did have to go a couple times for recovery and were able to get most pictures back. Unfortunately my magic band didn't seem to work at any of the rides. I had a really great picture from RNRC that we couldn't find and we didn't get the videos that you are supposed to get.

Checking the app is a great idea for shots that are very important to you though.

The other strategy is to take your pictures at every photopass on mainstreet! My husband hates it, but on castle picture day, we probably get 75 shots on main street, so I can have a great one!

As PP's have stated the best way to recover shots is to call. You need to know the time, about where you were, and what you were wearing; all this helps them find your pictures. We found the best way to avoid this was to take some device with us (Kindle, I-Pad, Computer) to view all pictures to make sure they were there each day after we returned from the park. We take a break during the day and I usually will check when we get back in the afternoon to make sure all our morning pictures are there and then again when we get back again when we return at night. This way if we found something was missing we could call right away to hopefully recover (or recreate if necessary) the photos.

Hopefully they can recover all your pictures!

If you’re still at WDW when you realise that photos are missing, it's easy to pop into the Photo Pass building located in each of the parks and DS.

They helped out a couple of times on our recent trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter