Missing Luggage Wonder 10/1/14 - 10/6/14

92DVC

Earning My Ears
Got off the Wonder this morning and 1 piece of luggage is missing with the last name Mattox on it. It is a small black Stratus rolling bag. If you were on this cruise, please check your bags to see if you took the wrong bag by mistake. If located please contact Disney or PM me. A report has been filed with DCL at the port. Thank You.

I am sorry to hear that! We just got off the same cruise and it seemed like the luggage was a little hectic this time around. I hope your bag is found.

I wasted 20 minutes waiting for my black luggage when it was just one aisle over mixed in with other black luggage. No more.... I applied coloured tape on the sides. Looks ugly, but I can quickly identify my luggage when getting off boats and planes.

We were on that same cruise. I was watching from our verandah before sunrise, just watching all the activity going on, loading and unloading stuff onto the ship. They pick up those big metal cages full of luggage with a forklift truck and move them into the terminal. They are open on one side. I watched as about a dozen suitcases fell out as one was moving, it left a trail of suitcases for about 30 feet or so. The driver realized what had happened and stopped and tossed them back on. But they kept falling back off, it took him a while to get them all to stay on. Hopefully your bag is not lying on the pier somewhere.

Sorry to hear that. We were on the same cruise and had a wonderful cruise but I know how lost luggage can go.

If it makes you feel any better, we were on the Magic about 8 years ago and someone walked off with one of our bags...about 2 days later Disney found it and shipped it to us FedEx Overnight. I hope you are as lucky as we were!

After checking in on Carnival, we were allowed to bring in our luggage ourselves to our rooms, and to also carry it out of the ship when the cruise was over. We did not leave the luggage sitting in the hallways all night. Will Disney allow us to be responsible for our own luggage?

After checking in on Carnival, we were allowed to bring in our luggage ourselves to our rooms, and to also carry it out of the ship when the cruise was over. We did not leave the luggage sitting in the hallways all night. Will Disney allow us to be responsible for our own luggage?

Yep. You can carry it all on and off if you wish. Just know you will not have access to your stateroom until about 1:30pm on embarkation day. You also will probably have to spend a decent amount of time waiting for an elevator (or hauling bags down stairs) on debarkation day.

Good news. The bag was returned and should have it tomorrow. It's was a great cruise.:cool1:

Yep. You can carry it all on and off if you wish. Just know you will not have access to your stateroom until about 1:30pm on embarkation day. You also will probably have to spend a decent amount of time waiting for an elevator (or hauling bags down stairs) on debarkation day.

While you can personally bring onboard all your bags, I'll just point out that any carry ons must fit through the (standard) airport-sized screener.

That's great! Do you happen to know if a passenger took it home accidentally or it was lost at the pier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter