Missing Gift Card Money/CS Black Hole

xanhiker

Earning My Ears
Hi. I bought 4 gift cards in Feb for an early year trip but when I activated them and loaded funds online, one didn't get loaded. The money was taken from my account and the other three were fine, but since then I've been going in circles with gift card CS who can't seem to figure out what to do. 3 mos ago I finally got transferred to someone who saw the transaction and got a refund approved, but nothing has ever come through.
ANy suggestions? The last two times I've called I've been told the new procedure is that I have to email gift card services which basically means starting over again after almost 6 months of already working through the system.

Is this through the DisneyGiftCard.com site? There's been several threads over the years. Hacking accounts has been a long-time problem. I think most have not received any refunds. Good luck!

We got the physical gift cards at Kroger, but activated them online. # are fine and the money went on, the 4th one never loaded. I spend about 2-3hrs on the phone getting transferred and repeating the same details every time I call, I just can't seem to get past he initial phone people now to someone with the ability to see the case that was started.

Hi. I bought 4 gift cards in Feb for an early year trip but when I activated them and loaded funds online, one didn't get loaded. The money was taken from my account and the other three were fine, but since then I've been going in circles with gift card CS who can't seem to figure out what to do. 3 mos ago I finally got transferred to someone who saw the transaction and got a refund approved, but nothing has ever come through.
ANy suggestions? The last two times I've called I've been told the new procedure is that I have to email gift card services which basically means starting over again after almost 6 months of already working through the system.
Sounds like an activation glitch. Horribly tricky to solve as each side blames the other. File a chargeback with your credit card or debit card company NOW. Literally as soon as you read this comment leave the DIS and file.

You might be too late or you might just make it in time to file a claim for goods undelivered. This is literally your only defense aside from Small Claims if CS won’t give you the time of day- which they aren’t. Disputes can get your case kicked up to a level it can get solved at.

Last edited:

Sounds like an activation glitch. Horribly tricky to solve as each side blames the other. File a chargeback with your credit card or debit card company NOW. Literally as soon as you read this comment leave the DIS and file.

You might be too late or you might just make it in time to file a claim for goods undelivered. This is literally your only defense aside from Small Claims if CS won’t give you the time of day- which they aren’t. Disputes can get your case kicked up to a level it can get solved at.
You have to weigh the pros and cons of doing a chargeback these days as more and more companies will ban you if you make a chargeback against them. My brother had this issue with uber - she ordered $40 worth of food from a store and the uber eats driver didn't deliver it but claimed they did. So he called uber to complain and they wouldn't refund him the money. So he filed a chargeback against uber and now uber has banned hime until he pays back the $40 and the $8 credit card penalty for the chargeback. My brother was stubborn and said he absolutely would not pay it back, but after 5 months of annoying everyone else every time he needs to use uber, he realized it wasn't worth it and paid uber back.

So again, in this case, it all depends how much money we are talking about. For $25, it might not be worth it doing a chargeback and risked getting banned by Kroger. (Although this was an in store purchase, I'm assuming the OP was doing this to get gas points so I'm pretty sure Kroger would know their account.)

did you get the activation recipet with your gift cards? I always check the gift cards before i leave the store - i put them into the disney gift card website that way if there is an issue i can adress it right then and there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter