Missing DHS? Help!

CyberFey

Mouseketeer
So I thought I had our loose itinerary all planned out. (Basically I picked the park we'd be at for that day and made ADR's since we're on DlxDDP)

Then when looking it over with Gary (Future DH), he said he'd really like a day of spa/pool/possible water park in there. (I have a fear of pools I'm working on getting over and he knows this and is willing to skip the water park(s),) but I feel that we may need a day of spa at least, even if we don't end up doing water parks...

If I add this day of "nothing", we'd mostly cut out visiting DHS. We had wanted to see the block party blast as we love Pixar, but really we will see it whenever we take our son. Gary won't ride RnRc, or ToT (he's scared of coasters/fast rides), and we're not interested in the shows.

Will we be missing anything? I'll be scrambling to cancel and get new ADR's for breakfast and lunch, probably at a resort or something, but we were going to do Play & Dine (kinda glad to miss this! ;) ), 50's PT, and then spend that afternoon at DTD anyway.

I guess I'm just looking for affirmation that two honeymooning adults :bride: :groom: won't be missing out on much not doing DHS. :worried:

Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll be posting more of my plans looking for help! :blush:

So I thought I had our loose itinerary all planned out. (Basically I picked the park we'd be at for that day and made ADR's since we're on DlxDDP)

Then when looking it over with Gary (Future DH), he said he'd really like a day of spa/pool/possible water park in there. (I have a fear of pools I'm working on getting over and he knows this and is willing to skip the water park(s),) but I feel that we may need a day of spa at least, even if we don't end up doing water parks...

If I add this day of "nothing", we'd mostly cut out visiting DHS. We had wanted to see the block party blast as we love Pixar, but really we will see it whenever we take our son. Gary won't ride RnRc, or ToT (he's scared of coasters/fast rides), and we're not interested in the shows.

Will we be missing anything? I'll be scrambling to cancel and get new ADR's for breakfast and lunch, probably at a resort or something, but we were going to do Play & Dine (kinda glad to miss this! ;) ), 50's PT, and then spend that afternoon at DTD anyway.

I guess I'm just looking for affirmation that two honeymooning adults :bride: :groom: won't be missing out on much not doing DHS. :worried:

Thanks guys! I'm sure I'll be posting more of my plans looking for help! :blush:

You will miss TSM - the most popular ride in WDW.

As well the Lights, Motor, Action Extreme Stunt Show. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacuar, Fantasmic!, Beauty and The Beast Live on stage, The Great Movie Ride, Animation Academy, Little Mermaid's Journey Under the Sea and much much more...

Well... hard to say... have you seen the shows before? If not, are you sure you are not intereste in them? Lights, Motors, Action..... and the Indiana Jones shows are pretty cool... And Beauty and the Beast is a very nice stage production with full costumes, staging, and great singing.

Toy Story Mania is fun... the 3D effects are fun and unlike other things I've seen.

The Movie Ride is neat, kind of nostalgia.

The Muppet Vision 3D movie... I REALLY like... especially since I grew up watching the Muppets show on TV.

If you want pictures with characters... Hollywood Studios has a lot of them... who you will not find in other parks.... like the Incredibles and Frozone.

For dining.... we really enjoyed 50s Prime Time... very nostalgic... very 1950s/60s... and a little bit of kidding around from the waiters... we were politely warned a few times to get our elbows off the table, stop playing with our walkie talkies (phones), etc... The food was great, milkshakes were awesome.

well, if I had to pick a park to skip, it would be DHS. It is frequently the one we omit to do other things.

I would like to see TSM and love LMA, but when I consider percentage of "must dos" per park, that one has the least for me.

If you don't like the major rides - ToT and RnR - there's no reason to go there, especially if you're on the dining plan since there is no consistently decent place to eat there.

It's a matter of what your priorities are. In the case of my DH and I, we love the Studios, it's one of our favorite parks (we just got back from a week long trip and we were at the Studios on 4 different days). Now we do both love thrill rides so we love RnR and ToT, but we also love the Great Movie Ride, the animation building, Muppet Vision, Indiana Jones and the character interactions (we LOVE the Citizens of Hollywood, we could spend hours watching them do their stuff around Hollywood and Sunset Blvd.). We both enjoyed 50's Prime Time (smores were so yummy!) and the theming is fun (and don't forget to stop by the Tune In lounge next door for an adult beverage).

If we have to skip something ~ we skip AK. We see it about every third or fourth visit.

Don't worry about it. If you were going at xmas time I'd say you should go for the Osbourne lights, but really, it won't mar your trip to miss it. A relaxing day in the middle of your trip would be really nice treat, especially if it's very hot.

If you don't like the major rides - ToT and RnR - there's no reason to go there, especially if you're on the dining plan since there is no consistently decent place to eat there.

I have to disagree completely. 50's primetime has consistently been great on each of our trips as well as it is a unique experience you can't get everywhere.

I can't imagine skipping DHS, we love that park. The shows are great and unlike any other regular 'shows' you have ever seen. I could see scaling back to maybe half a day and trying to see some of DHS but skipping it all together wouldn't work for us. I would miss out on so much, TSM, Muppets, LMA, Beauty & the Beast, VOTLMM, etc are not to be missed IMO.

When are you going? DHS has special events at different times of the year that might entice future DH to head over there. ESPN the weekend and Star Wars weekends are pretty popular with males of all ages.

If i had to skip a park it would be HS. However, maybe you could do a half day, get there early and be ready to go back to the pool for about 2pm?

We love HS.

However my shortest itenary would look like:

MK twice
Epcot once
AK until 2PM then hop to HS for Parade, 50s primetine, TOT, Rocking Coaster, Fantasmic
AK again until NOON on the last day.

However you can enjoy WDW any way you like. It is not needed to see everything to have a great time....

Once the trip stretched to 10 days I might spend another day just at HS but likely hop to Epcot at the end to see countries...

At that point I would have

MK 4 times
Epcot 3 times
AK and hop to HS
HS once
AK until NOON

The only reason we went to DHS was so my son could do the Jedi Training. I really dislike that park and would skip it if we ever make another trip to WDW.

I have to disagree completely. 50's primetime has consistently been great on each of our trips as well as it is a
unique experience you can't get everywhere.

Okay...one restaurant. One restaurant where the servers nag you and serve you things most people can make at home - like pot roast and meatloaf. Yes, its a unique dining experience, but its hardly worth spending time in the park for a couple who isn't into thrill rides and when one member requested a pool day. They're not into the shows - she stated that already.

Also, I didn't realize Star Wars was a guy thing. :rotfl2:

Its obvious its *your* favorite park, but if they only had half a day scheduled at it in the first place, its clearly not *their* favorite park and therefore totally able to be skipped.

When are you going? DHS has special events at different times of the year that might entice future DH to head over there. ESPN the weekend and Star Wars weekends are pretty popular with males of all ages.

Unfortunatly we'll be going April 3-9th. We don't like sports, but we LOVE Star Wars (we're geeks... hehe), and a month too early for Star Wars weekends. Otherwise there'd be no discussion, LOL! :rotfl:

If i had to skip a park it would be HS. However, maybe you could do a half day, get there early and be ready to go back to the pool for about 2pm?

That sounds like a good idea! I might do that, and schedule a late massage for us at GF... hmmm...

Don't worry about it. If you were going at xmas time I'd say you should go for the Osbourne lights, but really, it won't mar your trip to miss it. A relaxing day in the middle of your trip would be really nice treat, especially if it's very hot.

:goodvibes I'm hoping it won't be hot, but you never know in April. :confused3 I'm thinking the relaxation will outweigh the park.

If we have to skip something ~ we skip AK. We see it about every third or fourth visit.

We thought about this, but the Safari seemed pretty cool, and we love Indian food, so we'll be splitting our AK day with the Boardwalk.

It's a matter of what your priorities are. In the case of my DH and I, we love the Studios, it's one of our favorite parks (we just got back from a week long trip and we were at the Studios on 4 different days). Now we do both love thrill rides so we love RnR and ToT, but we also love the Great Movie Ride, the animation building, Muppet Vision, Indiana Jones and the character interactions (we LOVE the Citizens of Hollywood, we could spend hours watching them do their stuff around Hollywood and Sunset Blvd.). We both enjoyed 50's Prime Time (smores were so yummy!) and the theming is fun (and don't forget to stop by the Tune In lounge next door for an adult beverage).

I think I'm leaning toward a half day. Thanks for the adult beverage tip!

I love them. He doesn't. *sigh* He said he may brave ToT for me, but RnR is out of the question. :sad:

Well... hard to say... have you seen the shows before? If not, are you sure you are not intereste in them? Lights, Motors, Action..... and the Indiana Jones shows are pretty cool... And Beauty and the Beast is a very nice stage production with full costumes, staging, and great singing.

Toy Story Mania is fun... the 3D effects are fun and unlike other things I've seen.

The Movie Ride is neat, kind of nostalgia.

The Muppet Vision 3D movie... I REALLY like... especially since I grew up watching the Muppets show on TV.

If you want pictures with characters... Hollywood Studios has a lot of them... who you will not find in other parks.... like the Incredibles and Frozone.

For dining.... we really enjoyed 50s Prime Time... very nostalgic... very 1950s/60s... and a little bit of kidding around from the waiters... we were politely warned a few times to get our elbows off the table, stop playing with our walkie talkies (phones), etc... The food was great, milkshakes were awesome.

Thanks for the layout! I do want some pictures... TSM sounds neat... I might catch a show. Future DH isn't a watching theater kinda guy (I'm a drama person myself though), but he may want to!

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate it! :hug:

We thought about this, but the Safari seemed pretty cool, and we love Indian food, so we'll be splitting our AK day with the Boardwalk....

The Safari is fun. We go twice in the same day... once in the morning when the park 1st opens, then get fast passes to ride it later in the afternoon. Often get different/better views of the animals. And it's a fun ride. We also loved Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk Inn and the evening entertainers performed just outside the restaurant. The performers were VERY funny and entertaining. You could dine at my favorite 2 restaurants in 1 day! Yak and Yeti for lunch, and Flying Fish for a late dinner. Everything at Flying Fish was good... I can't stop talking about the mussels appetizer.

Not sure if you are eating at Tusker House or Yak and Yeti... both have some Indian type food. Tusker is a very good buffet but we think Yak and Yeti is INCREDIBLE... it is my favorite restaurant at Disney.... and in 3 trips, we have had over 50 restaurant meals at Disney....

Yak and Yeti's Thai Chili Wings appetizer were the best wings I ever had. Same for the baby back ribs. But the Malaysian Seafood Curry might be the best thing I've ever eaten! Our waitress promised to spice it up a bit more than usual for me. I'm not finished my dining reviews yet but I'll give you a few photos....

Malaysian Seafood Curry -- Mahi Mahi, Scallops, Little Neck Clams, Mussels, Shrimp, Zucchini, Roma Tomatoes, Red Curry Coconut Broth, Jasmine Rice.

Seafood Curry
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Ribs
ry%3D400

Thai Chili Wings
ry%3D400

Flying Fish Mussels - sorry, I started eating before taking the picture! Big mussels, the broth was SO good I ate a good bit of it with a spoon like soup because if I continued dipping bread in it, I would have been full before my entree arrived!
ry%3D400

Flying Fish Red Snapper and Tuna Entrees
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We thought about this, but the Safari seemed pretty cool, and we love Indian food, so we'll be splitting our AK day with the Boardwalk.

If you love Indian Food, I would recommend SANAA which is at Kidani Village at the Animail Kingdom Villas.

But please note that is NOT in Animal Kingdom Park - and does not require park admission. It is the Resort - and the bus runs to AKV from both AK and DHS.

Just something to think about...

If you love Indian Food, I would recommend SANAA which is at Kidani Village at the Animail Kingdom Villas.

But please note that is NOT in Animal Kingdom Park - and does not require park admission. It is the Resort - and the bus runs to AKV from both AK and DHS.

Just something to think about...

I wouldn't say that Tusker House or Yak and Yeti have Indian dishes... maybe a little influence. How is Sanaa? Is it hard to get to if coming to AK Lodge via Disney bus? I love Indian food but we have a lot of Indian restaurants at home. Is Sanaa really top notch? Thinking about staying AK lodge next trip.

Hehe, already got a ressie (or ADR) for Sanaa. :thumbsup2 It'll be our lunch for the AK day. We're looking forward to it. :goodvibes We also have Tusker house that morning for Donald's breakfast. Also thanks for the heads up, I was thinking Kidani Village was in AK for some reason. :confused3

From what I understand, Y&Y is more Asian-y food, Tusker is more African influenced food, and Sanaa is the Indian one. (Of course, Eastern Indian not Native American Indian... in Oklahoma we have to specify, lol!)

Here's what I would do: I would NOT cancel anything there yet. Go ahead and keep your ADRs on the calendar UNLESS you think that - not being at that park - you will want to have an ADR outside of the park. If you leave your ADRs as is, then you have the flexibility to cancel later and have your day at the spa. But, if you don't plan that day in, then it'll be harder for you to get ADRs at the last minute if you should choose to switch gears and spend some time there.

In all honesty, I don't think you're missing much by skipping DHS...especially if your future DH won't ride RnRC or ToT. The parade isn't - in my opinion - worth going to that park JUST for that. In fact, I was rather disappointed in that particular parade. I made a point to stick around for it and then felt it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

I wouldn't say that Tusker House or Yak and Yeti have Indian dishes... maybe a little influence. How is Sanaa? Is it hard to get to if coming to AK Lodge via Disney bus? I love Indian food but we have a lot of Indian restaurants at home. Is Sanaa really top notch? Thinking about staying AK lodge next trip.

Sanaa get's great reviews... I personally have not been there, instead we did BOMA last vacation.

Being at the resort - the restaurants are in the main buildings, very close to where the resort buses stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter