Missing Bob

GoodHumor

Earning My Ears
Since my DW coming down the stairs in tears on Monday evening, most of my spare moments have been thoughts of Bob. I have had the pleasure of knowing Bawb since the summer of 2001. With the help of DW, I introduced myself to him by playing a practical joke on him at Epcot. Even with us living in Minnesota and the schedules of Bawb and Dianer, we managed to connect several times a year in one of the parks or restaurants around WDW.

This past March we did something with Bawb that no one else on the pod cast crew had done with him. We went to the Wide World of Sports and watched the Atlanta Braves play the Detroit Tigers in a spring training game.

That morning started out by meeting with Bawb at Riverside for coffee and Danish. During this time we met a family from Canada that was having some challenges. Well, I have Bawb and my DW at a table, two Disney Geeks that are not afraid to share their knowledge. This family left after about an hour of getting tips on how to make their trip more enjoyable.

We then went over to WWS. At first we were not certain if Bawb would join us for the game. He walked up to the ticket counter and bought a single ticket. Inside the stadium, Bawb starting asking the questions; how many people, how many games in the spring, what happens during the rest of the summer? All to the first usher that we ran into. The usher pulled out his note sheet and answered the all of Bawb’s questions.

Off to find out seats. DW and I were seated in section 114. Bawb was close by in section 115. He turns and asks us where row”A” would be. Gee Bawb, that would be the first row. Bawb scored a ticket right behind Jim Leyland (manager) of the Tigers who was sitting outside of the dug-out. During the game, DW and I wound-up sitting next to Bawb in the first row. Bawb was convinced that he managed to tell Mr. Leyland to have the runner steal second base. Bawb was having a good time. After the game, DW asked Mr. Leyland for his autograph on a baseball. She presented this to Bawb. The little kid with his prized possession came out in full!!! We had to stop by one of the concession stands to purchase a case to protect the ball. Bawb found something new in his world. That was a good day for all of us.

After watching Bawb for seven years, I know one thing. He did his job gathering information to make it easier for others to enjoy WDW. He was always quick to answer someone’s question if they asked which way the fireworks would appear. He would move people from behind trees or other obstacles that may block their view. He knew how long Disney transportation would take because he had taken it just to get an idea.

I will miss Bawb’s antics. I will miss meeting him at downtown Disney for lunch. His phone calls to ask just how cold Minnesota was and that Dianer was out walking Molly in shorts. I will miss his method of showing he was irritated with us after we didn’t call when the I35 Bridge collapsed to let him know that we were ok. I will miss his care for strangers visiting his beloved world.

Most of all, I will just miss Bob’s friendship.

GoodHumor

:grouphug: Thanks for telling us just how much Bob meant to you. I love to hear these stories. miss him soo

Thank you for sharing. I give you and your DW big comforting bear hugs. If you ever need to share your sorrow, or let it out...this is the place to do it. These boards are filled with people who are comforting.

:)

Thank you for sharing some of your stories of Bob. :hug:

My condolences to you and your Wife.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter