Miss Helena and her little sis head to Disney in March! PTR Make-a-Wish

pinkorange

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I think I'm a little late in getting this started, but I had no idea how involved this all could get! This forum has so many amazing stories and advice. I can tell that it is going to be a HUGE help to us!

My daughter, Helena, will be going on her Make-a-Wish trip from March 8-19th of this year. We opted to extend the trip by a few days in the hopes that we would not feel too rushed, and so that we could maybe go back to the Magic Kingdom for an additional day if we want to. We will be staying at GKTW for the first part of the trip, and at a vacation rental for the remainder of the trip.

Helena was diagnosed with Stage 3, Wilm's tumor last June while we were on a sort of vacation (Daddy had a conference and we went along), so this is kind of like a do-over vacation for us since we spent the last one in a hospital.

Helena underwent radiation last July, and she just finished her chemo in January of this year. Our first set of scans post treatment were all clear, and we are very excited to celebrate the end of treatment with this wonderful trip! Plus, we are leaving for Florida on Helena's 8th birthday, so that makes it even more special!

Big sis and little sis are the best of friends, and we feel so thankful to have this opportunity to have them spend some time just having tons of fun! Enough with all of the pokes and icky medicine! It is time to have some fun!

MyTwoGirls.png

Helena's caringbridge site

Sorry Helena has been through so much. So glad she's getting her wish, and that your family is celebrating the end of her treatment - what a wonderful birthday present. :) Your girls are adorable :)

Cute pics! And yay for scans coming back clear. I'm sorry your family has had to go through so much, but I'm glad to hear you get to celebrate with a wish trip!

Hi angel's momma and JWCA! So glad your wishes are coming true for your sweethearts too! Although, it always makes me sad to know another child is having a hard time.

For my daughter, this trip is something she wanted as a "normal" kid before we even found out she was sick. We had thought we might try a Disney trip at the end of last year. Then (as you know) one day our world was turned upside down. We hope that this trip takes us back in time a little bit -- to before any of this happened.

JWCA: I loved reading about Ja and her love of Elton John. Helena LOVES Queen! :rockband:.

angel's momma: I hope your cruise plans come together quickly! What an exciting trip that will be! :sail:

So Glad that Helena is doing better and that she will get her chance time to take advantage of her trip to DW. And with only a month away, i bet she can hardly wait. Thanks for sharing your story, and we all pray that she continues to do better.

Hi angel's momma and JWCA! So glad your wishes are coming true for your sweethearts too! Although, it always makes me sad to know another child is having a hard time.

For my daughter, this trip is something she wanted as a "normal" kid before we even found out she was sick. We had thought we might try a Disney trip at the end of last year. Then (as you know) one day our world was turned upside down. We hope that this trip takes us back in time a little bit -- to before any of this happened.

JWCA: I loved reading about Ja and her love of Elton John. Helena LOVES Queen! :rockband:.

angel's momma: I hope your cruise plans come together quickly! What an exciting trip that will be! :sail:

Thank you Paula :hug: We understand all too well how your world was turned upside down. :hug: Praying your trip will be filled with magical moments. pixiedust: Helena's love of Queen made me smile :)

I get the wanting to do this "normal". We had pegged this or next year as being THE year for Disney - the kids are an awesome age and I couldn't wait to show them the vacation that I loved as a kid. Without MAW, we'd have to wait at least another 2 or 3 years, and while it's hard that our kids have to go through all of this..... At least they get this experience, right?
Queen rocks! Lol, thanks for the idea of what to play her next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter