1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Miss checking in on the 1st day of your reservation?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by SRiley1985, Dec 15, 2012.

1. SRiley1985

SRiley1985 Mouseketeer

If you miss checking in on the first day of a reservation, will you lose the whole ressie? I rented DVC points for a Saturday-Thursday stay and now my mother has decided that she doesn't want to keep the kids all weekend. She wants me to drop them off Sunday afternoon instead. I explained to her that renting DVC points is non-refundable (which I told her when I asked if she would keep them also) but she is not budging. I am kind of panicking right now. What if we can't make it until Sunday evening?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Three cats

Three cats DIS Veteran

Not sure, but i'd ask on the DVC resorts board. Im sure they will be able to help. Good luck!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

4. fall08CP

fall08CP Cheesehead

As DVC points are nonrefundable, the resort cannot, by contract, cancel your reservation. It would behoove you to call member services and let them know so they can put a note on your reservation, but the room is yours for the entire stay whether you show up or not.

5. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

It probably would behoove you to have the member from who you rented points to call member services, FWIW.

6. SRiley1985

SRiley1985 Mouseketeer

Thanks. I rented from a company. The agent emailed me back a few minutes ago and said since it is a minor date shift, the member should be able to accommodate it. Hopefully everything will turn out ok.

7. Sue M

Sue M DIS Veteran

So sorry this happened to you :sad2:

8. larryz

larryz A few of my favorite turrets... DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Regardless of the setback, I would be sure to take Mom a lovely gift thanking her for her help. :rolleyes1

Something like a pound of Mickey's Coffee.

Or a pound of fudge from Goofy's.

Or maybe a pound of sand art from one of the native American artists...

9. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I see what you did there...:rotfl2:

10. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you don't show up on the first day of your reservation, it is cancelled and the points are lost.

11. magrudersmakes3

magrudersmakes3 DIS Veteran

I checked on this with my rental and was told that as long as I told them that we would be fine. I was told that the reservation is paid for and you can check in on the first day or the last day. I wanted to know what happened just in case we had an issue with our flights.