Mismatched socks

DisneyScraps

DIS Veteran
Anyone else have kids that are into this? It's all my fault really. When DD was little Stride Rite would out out these shoes that had a scene on them but each shoe was different. My daughter loved them and was really sad when she outgrew them.

I was in DTD in November and I wandered into the Miss Matched shop. I went a little nuts there buying her socks. I just thought that the concept was so cute. The socks don't match but they are really similar and you have to look at them closely to tell that they don't match.

As expected my DD was thrilled with them but she is going a lot further with it. Each set comes with 3 socks. So she wears 2 of the 3 and then just matches up the extra socks however, these socks are not even close to matching.

I asked her about it and she said that it's cool to do it. Some other kids in her class are doing it too.

Sheesh I think I created a monster, it all started to innocently. I am thus far resisting the urge to force her to match a little but at 10 I am trying to let her have a little creativity in her appearance.

Lisa

Anyone else have kids that are into this? It's all my fault really. When DD was little Stride Rite would out out these shoes that had a scene on them but each shoe was different. My daughter loved them and was really sad when she outgrew them.

I was in DTD in November and I wandered into the Miss Matched shop. I went a little nuts there buying her socks. I just thought that the concept was so cute. The socks don't match but they are really similar and you have to look at them closely to tell that they don't match.

As expected my DD was thrilled with them but she is going a lot further with it. Each set comes with 3 socks. So she wears 2 of the 3 and then just matches up the extra socks however, these socks are not even close to matching.

I asked her about it and she said that it's cool to do it. Some other kids in her class are doing it too.

Sheesh I think I created a monster, it all started to innocently. I am thus far resisting the urge to force her to match a little but at 10 I am trying to let her have a little creativity in her appearance.

Lisa

DD has worn mismatched socks since she was old enough to chose her own clothes! They always match the outfit but not each other! :lmao: She has become famous amongst her friends and on more than one occasion has received a "set" of three socks as a gift! There are so many other things to worry about, I don't even give this a second thought anymore. :flower3: She is my free spirit!

Hm, I work at a daycare and we have a dad whose socks don't match 3 days out of 5. Maybe it is catching on with adults too? ;)

My DH bought me two sets of Little Mismatched toe socks for Christmas. My DD isn't that interested but Toys R Us has them B2G1 this week, so I may have to stop by and pick up some more; try and bring her over to the dark side. :thumbsup2

My DD7 has mismatched leg warmers that are really cute! She wears those sometimes! (one is striped the other has dots, stuff like that)

Yes. All the time. DD said it's too early for her to care what she has on, but I've noticed all the kids in her school do it. She's even worn mismatched flip flops in the summer ( thankfully they at least match her outfit.)

I wear boots a lot with my dress pants during the winter, and if I have on boots, most likely I will have mismatched socks on. I don't do it to be cool:) I just hate matching up my socks! From the dryer they just get thrown into a drawer, and I just grab a couple and put them on. It's also one of those little "makes me smile" things since I like colorful and/or fun socks. To me, it's kind of like wearing pretty undies. No one but me may know I have them on, but I know.

When I'm wearing regular shoes, I do make sure my socks match.

wearing unmatched socks (not even the little miss matched ones, ANY socks) seems to be the 'in' thing at our local high school:confused3

My 17 yo DNephew has been doing this for years.

The first time I noticed it was on my niece and this was years ago (she still does it) and now my dd does it too. I buy her packs of socks that coordinate and she just picks 2 out and puts them on, they are rarely the same.
I was going to get her ones from Little Miss Matched but I can't see paying their prices for something that she can do all by herself.

DD has been doing it now for at least a year - all the rage at the middle school!
The girls have also been know to switch shoes.
We were out and about with DD and her friend and I realized they each had 1 purple plaid and 1 green Converse on :cool2: Girls!

It's the in thing here too. DD14 likes hers to coordinate (one with stripes, one with dots) but not match and DD12 actually got a set of 9 socks for Christmas - none of them matched! :lmao:

None of my girls wear matching socks - it's been a trend here for over a year! However, I don't buy mismatched socks - they manage fine on their own. :lmao:

DD17 has been wearing mismatched sock for just about ever. The first time she wore mismatched anything was when she was 4. She was learning to dress herself and had very definite ideas about fashion. One day she went to church with one blue shoe and one pink shoe. The paster commented on her interesting choice. She looked down at her feet and said, "I have another pair JUST LIKE THEM AT HOME." :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter