Misinformation from CMs?

Eeee-va

Happiest robot on Earth
Have you ever got some misleading or incorrect information from a CM?

Just Monday, a friend and her family came to DL, staying at the GCH, and we met up with her. The CM who checked them in told them the dragon in Fantasmic was working, and another CM nearby confirmed it. :headache: I said I seriously doubted it (and if it WERE true that the shows would be PACKED)...I checked this board and another site during our break and after I read that a CM on the tour said that they were aiming for July 4th, I was pretty much certain the dragon wouldn't be there. And of course she wasn't.

But my friend's daughter still could hardly believe the CM was wrong, because "she seemed so nice." :flower3: I felt a little bad for them, and I feel REALLY bad for any tourists who didn't know someone who reads the Disneyland fan sites, and who expected to see the dragon because a CM told them so.

The CMs don't know everything. Especially about an attraction where they do not work.

Just yesterday at Guest Services at Typhoon Lagoon I had some Guests asking about purchasing a lifetime water park pass. We do sell Annual Water Park Passes, and special discounted Florida Resident Water Park APs. They said they were told this was available by a CM at Anmal Kingdom.

yeah, CMs dont know everything. I will admit i do give misinformation. Actually, i didnt even know the dragon is broken as Disney doesnt exactly inform CMs about it. I had to find out about it online.

Wishful thinking, but I hope they can get the dragon working by next week, I'll be doing a family reunion trip and it'll be my 5 year-old little sister's first Disney trip. :(

Several times they have told me things that were false. I no longer ask CM's, I look for folks who seem like they know more :lmao:

yeah, CMs dont know everything. I will admit i do give misinformation. Actually, i didnt even know the dragon is broken as Disney doesnt exactly inform CMs about it. I had to find out about it online.

I wonder if the CMs in question got the information from a certain other messageboard, as someone posted there that they thought the dragon was going to be running (based on seeing the standard procedures they go through after the 10:30 show every night on Tom Sawyer's Island). I think it took a while for the rumor to be dispelled.

I do understand everyone makes mistakes, of course. At least no real harm was done with this one, as they'd never seen the show so if they hadn't been told, they may not have known there was even supposed to be a dragon!

Have you ever got some misleading or incorrect information from a CM?

::yes:: Yes, constantly. Most surprising was the misinformation provided by a VIP tour guide. And they're supposed to know their stuff!

Wishful thinking, but I hope they can get the dragon working by next week, I'll be doing a family reunion trip and it'll be my 5 year-old little sister's first Disney trip. :(

Oh, and I hope the dragon is working for your trip too! :) I know Disney wants it out as soon as possible, so I'm sure they're trying. Since your sister hasn't seen the show, though, she'll likely be impressed with or without the dragon. pirate:

Poor CMs. We expect a lot from them :)

I hope the dragon is working by next weekend, too, however, we were told that it would probably be up by July 4th while on a tour, and I'm not sure that that CM really knew if that is going to happen, and was giving up some "hopeful" news. When Kelly asked Bruce (who was the leader of the tour) he didn't know that the dragon wasn't working, and he asked Ryan, who confirmed, and then said that the dragon was still in his cave, and it looked like he'd be coming out on July 4th.

FANTASMIC! has been packed even without the dragon, every night. The dragon is not 100% of the show, folks.

The official story we got on June 12th was that the dragon was "sick." And would probably be out of commission for several weeks. We heard a version of this story from Fantasmic CMs, our tour guide CM, the DVC guys at the wagon at the DLH, and a couple of CMs who work one of the vendor carts outside the Riverboat area.

We were at DL for five nights and all five nights, people were sitting for Fantasmic really really early. The Fantasmic CMs told us on the night we were talking to them that a 3rd show was being added that night (and had been added the night before) to accommodate as many guests for viewing as possible. They were encouraging people to go ride the rides and come back for the 11:30 show.

Ay yi yi. We just didn't bother to see it.

When Kelly asked Bruce (who was the leader of the tour) he didn't know that the dragon wasn't working, and he asked Ryan, who confirmed, and then said that the dragon was still in his cave, and it looked like he'd be coming out on July 4th.

Ryan? Was this perchance the same Ryan I am familiar with? :eek:

i always misguide people because its HILARIOUS and gives us CM's stuff to talk about on our breaks. :laughing:

Oh, you're one of those CM's. Niiiiiice. :sad2:

Thats what I was thinking!!!:sad1:
Not a CM I would ever want to know, this is the second time I have seen them post an off color remark... I guess they aren't looking for mature CM's anymore!!!

I doubt many CMs would give false information on purpose. It's too bad there's not an "ignore" option for those CMs in real life, like there's an ignore option on the DIS boards. :)

I doubt many CMs would give false information on purpose. It's too bad there's not an "ignore" option for those CMs in real life, like there's an ignore option on the DIS boards. :)

Its too bad people cant open their eyes, read the maps in their hands and find out where things are on their owns. Tourists...ahh phooey!

Thats what I was thinking!!!:sad1:
Not a CM I would ever want to know, this is the second time I have seen them post an off color remark... I guess they aren't looking for mature CM's anymore!!!

You think they really care who they hire as a CM? :laughing:
Anyone can be a CM, its nothing too special! its just cutesy talk fom Disney that gives us the name "cast member" and not worker.

And for the cast members that actually care about the guests, and give wrong answers, SO WHAT
THEY ARE PEOPLE, OF COURSE THEY WILL NOT KNOW EVERYTHING. im done.

i always misguide people because its HILARIOUS and gives us CM's stuff to talk about on our breaks. :laughing:

I really don't think Disneyland would appreciate one of their CMs actually posting what you just did on a Disney fan site. Now I no longer believe you actually work for Disney, and are just pulling our legs. Kind of uncool, but now I know better. :)

I actually like Ryan. :) But, this was a different one. Very nice guy.

I don't believe that Lampwick is a CM. Why would someone want to sabotage the company he/she works for? Doesn't make sense. Lampwick just lost a lot of credibility in my eyes.

I really don't think Disneyland would appreciate one of their CMs actually posting what you just did on a Disney fan site. Now I no longer believe you actually work for Disney, and are just pulling our legs. Kind of uncool, but now I know better. :)

we dont do it too be mean, we do it as a joke. 90 percent of the times i joke and misguide someone its kinda obvious i am lying, the guest laughs, then i tell them the real answer. sometimes they walk away. And believe what you want..:)

we dont do it too be mean, we do it as a joke. 90 percent of the times i joke and misguide someone its kinda obvious i am lying, the guest laughs, then i tell them the real answer. sometimes they walk away. And believe what you want..:)

But why even do it in the first place? There are many who come from far away that may never have the chance again and someone like you may blow it for them... You, my friend are at the wrong workplace..it is never funny
to mislead someone intentionally...that is disrespectful and downright rude, and for sure not "Disney" like!!!!

**EDIT**
I now know part of the reason Hologram acts and responds the way they do, thier profile says 18 going on 19 :) It really does explain alot, and if they are truely a CM I'm sure it won't be for long... that kind of attitude surely can't last there too long!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter