Miserable Stay at Wilderness Lodge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
vhoffman said:
To dPIc,

By the time we got checked in, half of what we had planned for that time was blown and the rest was stressed due to the wasted time.

How much did you plan to get done in the 50 minutes????? What would you have done if there HAD been a line? You couldn't have known there wouldn't be a line until you walked in.

Your getting flamed because you leave the impression of being plain old RUDE! :sad2: Not because of your opinion of WL. You come off sounding like you are one of those people who will complain about anything no matter how small.

Remember "Treat others like you want to be treated" . Oh! Maybe you were treated like you treat others.

:thewave: :thewave: :thewave:

Mymatisse

Ok Lisa I have to respond to this. Maybe her post was a little bitter but I was there at the SAME time and many of the same things happened to us. We were also there in July, just my daughter and I, and it was great. The small rooms didn't bother me because it was just the two of us. Housekeeping was great, wonderful in fact, transportation was fine. Checkin was a little long but we didn't care. This time the first night checkin took at least 45 minutes. There was also no one in line in front or behind us. It wasn't a guy earning his ears either. It was frustrating. Our first room was also terrible. The transportation was terrible this trip. It is no exaggeration. Anyone can check my posts and I didn't post anything about this trip being bad until this poster was being challenged on whether or not she was telling the truth. I don't know if bad luck follows her or what, but I can say that many aspects of this story were correct as they happened to us as well.

What I don't understand and probably never will is when someone posts a negative experience why so many people try to argue that it couldn't possibly be true. If everyone agreed on everything, that would be great. It is just not reality and mishaps do happen as people are human. Perhaps people get more upset because Disney isn't exactly a bargain and waiting an hour for a bus, even at a bargain hotel, is unacceptable. I took the poster's orginial post as blowing off steam. I wonder why so many others took it so personal?

Yeah, that was my problem with the original post. Go ahead and hate WL-- you're definitely entitled to an opinion. Not everyone likes the same resorts.

But you picked apart every tiny little aspect, from the Christmas decorations right down to the Mickey soap! I just don't think *anything* can ever satisfy you if you're going to have that attitude about everything! :guilty:

I'll agree the transportation was horrible. We were there the end of
last June were totally and completely frustrated, especially with
the boat to and from the Magic Kingdom. After 2-3 days we ended
up just driving everywhere.
Other than that though, we loved the place and will probably stay again
if the rates stay in the 130.00's.

wilderness01 said:
Did she exaggerate on some aspects? I don't know, I wasn't with her. Could you hear the restaurant on the 6th floor? Yes you can.

then again i havent earned my lodge badge to know it all
so who am i to say

Then why are you acting like you do know differently? Who does that unless they are trying to stir the pot?

By the by, I have never allowed my children to cut in line ever and we visit often. You are the one name calling, not anyone else. Your responses are very rude and I will not respond to this again. Good day.

Just ignore the troll Wilderness01. They are obviously here to start trouble. I made sure to report their ignorant posts.

So very sorry to malign your precious WL. However, others post their opinions here on this board, and that's what I'm doing. Just my opinion, take it or leave it. Insofar as the Mickey soap, where did I say anything about it on this thread? That was a whole other thread. Wow, what are some of you doing, cyber stalking? The whole purpose of the Mickey soap thread was to warn/inform others who might have a sensivitity to Ivory soap. If you do have such a problem, your whole trip could be ruined by using the soap without knowing what it was. It was meant as a courtesy to inform others, and those who responded to the thread took it in that light. Also, I'm as entitled to post my opinions about my experiences here as anyone. Part of my post was, of course, to vent, but part of it was to present another viewpoint. I really based my decision to stay at WL this time due to the overwhelming positive reviews I've read here. I just wanted to present another viewpoint, for those trying to make a decision. For those who think I'm lying or somwhow exagerating, well, perhaps all those positive comments were some sort of exageration??? I think not--every post about WL is just someone's honest opinion of their experience. I do not find it necessary to go back and rehash every post about the WL and acuse the poster of lying or exagerating. Why are so many people trying to do that with my posts? Really, can't you find something better to do?

We stopped over at the WL when we were there in NOv. We wanted to see the decorations and see the lobby. I will say that we were quite impressed with it. We also liked the gift shop :D
We then took the boat over to MK.... LONG and boring!!!!!!
We were staying at the YC and thought that boat service was much better.
We also looked in one of the rooms and we also thought they were quite small. We actually thought they looked smaller than AKL . I thought they said they were the same size but it just seemed smaller.

Yikes... I guess we got lucky with both of our check ins. Ours took 5-10 minutes if that!!!! I guess we should count our lucky stars.

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please review DIS posting guidelines if you have any questions.
Sue Ellen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter