• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Minvan Great Rate

gratton16

Mouseketeer
So I have been watching minivan rates for months. And found my best one yet today under Alamo. I am traveling April 27th to May 5th (8 day rental).
Clicked on the 'Last Minute Specials' link on the right hand side of the site. AND Used coupon AD4027JDO for an additional $40 off. Also joined insiders program. My rate...$269 total with taxes and fees. Hope this post helps someone else out as I am grateful for others who have helped me save some $$!!! :woohoo:

So I have been watching minivan rates for months. And found my best one yet today under Alamo. I am traveling April 27th to May 5th (8 day rental).
Clicked on the 'Last Minute Specials' link on the right hand side of the site. AND Used coupon AD3994JDP for an additional $30 off. My rate...$275 total with taxes and fees. Hope this post helps someone else out as I am grateful for others who have helped me save some $$!!! :woohoo:

Thank you for posting this :thumbsup2 We are considering staying offsite in a condo and are reluctant primarily because of the cost to rent a minivan. Is there an expiration date or other special conditions for the coupon code you used? Thanks.

Thank you for posting this :thumbsup2 We are considering staying offsite in a condo and are reluctant primarily because of the cost to rent a minivan. Is there an expiration date or other special conditions for the coupon code you used? Thanks.

According to the site...'Rates are available until April 25, 2011 for rentals between April 19, 2011 and May 3, 2011.' YOu just need to book starting on one of those dates. My rental extends out till May 5th and still got the rate.

I got an email from Alamo today too and was able to snag this deal! My rental is from 4/26-5/4 and I got the minivan for $263. I also used the $40 coupon that OP used! :banana::banana:

The best deal I had found up to this was Budget and that was for $360 so I am saving $100 and I feel better about going with Alamo. That is who I have always used so I know what to expect. I'd never used Budget before and I keep reading conflicting stuff but it sounded like I'd have to wait at the counter and that is not what I want to do with my vacation time!

I got the same Alamo deal too, and my dates are May 14-21. It let me use the last minute code and $40 coupon(even though the last minute deal supposedly ends May 3rd). My last rate was $349 and I was willing to settle for that, but I knew I'd keep looking. My actual total was $241 and change (it's not a true seven day rental). I'm really happy about this! :banana: As I'm sure you are too!!

Sheri

my rate with Budget was $305 but I got $243 using the deal the OP mentioned. :cool1: More money to spend on food! Thanks!

My only question- what was the coupon that allowed us to get $40 off? It said you might have to show it when you pick up the car.

I also saved $50 on what I thought was a great rate, but the coupon code says "2010" and I wondered if that will be a problem when I pick it up? I doubt it since I used the kiosk service and completed everything in advance? Just don't want any surprises at the airport after a long flight from Seattle, lol!

my rate with Budget was $305 but I got $243 using the deal the OP mentioned. :cool1: More money to spend on food! Thanks!

My only question- what was the coupon that allowed us to get $40 off? It said you might have to show it when you pick up the car.

That is a coupon for members of Alamo Insiders. It is free to join. Just sign up for it on their website. It may even give you an addtional discount. I don't think that you have to present a coupon because your reservation will show that you are an Insiders member.

Is it also correct that spouses are free instead of $10/day? It wouldn't let me do that on-line with my reservation so I guess I can try when I check in?

I'm also interested in the extra driver for free. When I tried to add one, it was also adding the $10/day charge, but it hadn't done that before when I booked through Alamo Insiders. ?

I'm also interested in the extra driver for free. When I tried to add one, it was also adding the $10/day charge, but it hadn't done that before when I booked through Alamo Insiders. ?

Depending which promo or discount code you are using you may have to pay $10/day even if you are an Insiders member. I went through this with Alamo during March break. I just stuck with the promo code because I got a minivan for $220.00 for the week including all taxes. It would have been an extra $10/day to add my wife which didn't really matter since I always end up doing the driving anyhow.

I have rented from Alamo over the past several years, first a ************ member, then the Insiders. When I have gone to the booth I asked about this..The attendant said as long as the address on her license is the same as mine and she IS your wife, she is covered:

From the Website:

Alamo Insiders Members in the United States are allowed to have the following additional drivers without a fee:

The spouse of an Alamo Insiders Member, common law spouse, or domestic partner who has the same address on the driver's license as the Alamo Insiders Member and who meet normal renter requirements.

Immediate family member, Mother/Father, Son/Daughter, or Brother/Sister who has the same address on the driver's license as the Alamo Insiders Member and who meet normal renter requirements.

It does not mention that its need to be "added" in the conventional way.

I hope I didn't get wrong information or am reading that wrong...lol :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter