Minor car accident questions

I think getting an estimate/list of damage from another party to confirm it and if you would have used him before I would use him.

I think it would be okay to confirm no additional damage, as if there is something on the cusp, and it is out of his pocket he might umm skip it.. but if you came with a list of needed repairs and he was willing, I would think he would do them to not get ins involved.

My teenage son rearended someone. I had her get an estimate and even recommended my usual garage. I chose to pay out of pocket and not involve my insurance. I paid the bill with the garage. I don't think it would need to involve insurance if he is willing to take care of it. I would recommend a second opinion to make sure everything is covered. If this garage was good enough for you to use before, I would give them a chance to make it right without involving insurance.

Completely disagree; the "hit and run" issue is unforgivable. Dad's desire to bail his DD out does not obligate you to agree. Let your insurance carrier quarterback everything, even if you do end up using his shop for the repairs.

The hit-and-run is a legal issue to be handled by the police. The damage is a liability issue - the girl owes you for the repairs. Whether you need to get the insurance involved is completely up to you.

Thank you all very much for you input! I did end up taking it to both the girl's father and to a reputable local body shop and both were in agreement with the minor repairs needed, so I am comfortable letting the dad handle them. Apparently the repairs, which the daughter has to pay for, were not enough money for the dad, as he threw in a free inspection/sticker and is detailing the car inside and out!

Thank you all very much for you input! I did end up taking it to both the girl's father and to a reputable local body shop and both were in agreement with the minor repairs needed, so I am comfortable letting the dad handle them. Apparently the repairs, which the daughter has to pay for, were not enough money for the dad, as he threw in a free inspection/sticker and is detailing the car inside and out!

That's very nice of you for letting the dad take care of it.

I don't know what the price for an inspection sticker is but I do know that a good detail inside and out runs at least $200 out here where I'm at and that's usually with a good discount, sounds like the dad is going to take care of you very good.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter