Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing

Wells Larsen

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the fireworks show at the MVMCP is the same as every other night during Christmas?
I was debating the dessert party just for the ability to sit on the Plaza Garden area where it might be a little spaced out and we could sit on the ground and enjoy the show.
Having the ability to space out a bit is important to me because I am immunosuppressed.

If the fireworks show is the same as every other night, I won't have to make a big deal about it because we do have plans to catch it another night.
The dessert party itself is not a big draw for me because I want to try all of the other party-specific food/treats.

Thoughts?

Does anyone know if the fireworks show at the MVMCP is the same as every other night during Christmas?
I was debating the dessert party just for the ability to sit on the Plaza Garden area where it might be a little spaced out and we could sit on the ground and enjoy the show.
Having the ability to space out a bit is important to me because I am immunosuppressed.

If the fireworks show is the same as every other night, I won't have to make a big deal about it because we do have plans to catch it another night.
The dessert party itself is not a big draw for me because I want to try all of the other party-specific food/treats.

Thoughts?

Last year, Minnie's Christmas Fireworks were shown during regular park hours for 7 nights after the conclusion of the last MVMCP date - so if this year is the same, I would expect it will be shown from Dec. 23 - 29. Otherwise, if you are going prior to Dec. 23, the only way to see Minnie's Christmas Fireworks is to attend MVMCP. On MK nights without MVMCP (and prior to Dec. 23), Happily Ever After will be the evening fireworks show.

That being said, if you need a seat and space, I would suggest considering the dessert party on Tomorrowland Terrace. Even with the dessert party, Plaza Garden can get quite crowded.

Last year, Minnie's Christmas Fireworks were shown during regular park hours for 7 nights after the conclusion of the last MVMCP date - so if this year is the same, I would expect it will be shown from Dec. 23 - 29. Otherwise, if you are going prior to Dec. 23, the only way to see Minnie's Christmas Fireworks is to attend MVMCP. On MK nights without MVMCP (and prior to Dec. 23), Happily Ever After will be the evening fireworks show.

That being said, if you need a seat and space, I would suggest considering the dessert party on Tomorrowland Terrace. Even with the dessert party, Plaza Garden can get quite crowded.
Sorry, I should have specified. We will be attending the MVMCP party on Tue, Dec 12. I do already have tickets.

*Edit* -- I just re-read... I get what you are saying now -- non-party nights = Happily Ever After; party nights = Minnie's. So, it is a different show and it would make sense to prioritize it during the party. Gotcha.

re: Tomorrowland Terrance -- I'm not crazy for the view on the Terrace.
If your suggestion is that you expect the Plaza Garden to be crowded even on a party night -- I would opt to just not do the Dessert Party and then just improvise a spot somewhere.

Thank you for the feedback

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have specified. We will be attending the MVMCP party on Tue, Dec 12. I do already have tickets.

*Edit* -- I just re-read... I get what you are saying now -- non-party nights = Happily Ever After; party nights = Minnie's. So, it is a different show and it would make sense to prioritize it during the party. Gotcha.

re: Tomorrowland Terrance -- I'm not crazy for the view on the Terrace.
If your suggestion is that you expect the Plaza Garden to be crowded even on a party night -- I would opt to just not do the Dessert Party and then just improvise a spot somewhere.

Thank you for the feedback

I don't do well in crowds and, honestly, I have done just fine finding fireworks spots without paying extra for a dessert party during MVMCP - consider standing a little further back in the hub.

If you are planning on seeing Happily Ever After on a non-party night, you may want to opt for a dessert party for that one - it will be more crowded.

I don't do well in crowds and, honestly, I have done just fine finding fireworks spots without paying extra for a dessert party during MVMCP - consider standing a little further back in the hub.

If you are planning on seeing Happily Ever After on a non-party night, you may want to opt for a dessert party for that one - it will be more crowded.
That's good advice, thank you!

Booking for December, and there are no options for Terrace Vs Garden Plaza, "from a prime viewing area." Has anyone called vs booking online for October dates? I wonder if on Event Ressie phone line they verbally give the option.

Booking for December, and there are no options for Terrace Vs Garden Plaza, "from a prime viewing area." Has anyone called vs booking online for October dates? I wonder if on Event Ressie phone line they verbally give the option.
There were two separate products when I booked mine. One for Garden Plaza and one for Terrace.

*Edit* I just checked myself and they no longer show up from the "Things to Do" menu. Perhaps another glitch?
They do show availability when you go directly to the product's page.

Tomorrowland Terrance - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/enchanting-extras-collection/fireworks-holiday-dessert-party/

Garden Plaza - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-plaza-view/

Last edited:

Thoughts?
I would get a good consensus of what will happen in the garden areas because we have experienced both EVERYONE MUST STAND FOR SHOW and EVERYONE MUST SIT BUT THEN THEY LET LOTS OF PEOPLE STAND. Never have we experienced everyone sitting.

If you are looking to sit for the show ... and not interested in the desserts ... I would try to figure out a spot to get early that allows you to sit and save the money.

I would get a good consensus of what will happen in the garden areas because we have experienced both EVERYONE MUST STAND FOR SHOW and EVERYONE MUST SIT BUT THEN THEY LET LOTS OF PEOPLE STAND. Never have we experienced everyone sitting.

If you are looking to sit for the show ... and not interested in the desserts ... I would try to figure out a spot to get early that allows you to sit and save the money.
Thanks. I did end up reserving it.

Yes, Plaza View is SRO but the view isn't cutoff by the Terrace overhang. Did that when it first came out and was not happy and had to stand near the rail with everyone else anyway. Thanks all!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter