Minnie's Silver Screen Dine!

I wonder if the food quality is much better at an earlier seating when it hasn't had time to sit out as much. I appreciate this perspective very much and for me, my trip is about my son and not me getting fried calamari for dinner :)

Our seating was at 4:20, so that could have something to do with it! Everything was very fresh and the restaurant wasn't completely full yet so that could be why we had such great interactions with the characters (multiple stops, and for a good amount of time).

Our seating was at 4:20, so that could have something to do with it! Everything was very fresh and the restaurant wasn't completely full yet so that could be why we had such great interactions with the characters (multiple stops, and for a good amount of time).
I have noticed in general that the buffets are better at the beginning than at the end although I am not really a huge fan of the "transitional" buffets... some people like being able to get both breakfast and lunch but I feel like it is the dregs of breakfast and then they take their time about fully stocking lunch.

The review I read with tons of photos on the holiday dine for christmas, the food looked really good and the costumes looked amazing!

So funny because last time we were at Mama Melrose we said we'd never go back because we thought it was the equivalent of microwaving a Lean Cuisine. If we eat Italian on property now, it's Via Napoli or Tutto - but everyone has different tastes.

We really enjoyed the Silver Screen Dine. Our character interactions were top notch. I had low expectations for the food but we actually enjoyed it.

Is there better food on property? Yes. Is it mass prepared buffet food? Yes.
But the quality was much better than other buffet character experiences like Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's dinner. It's expensive because it's a character experience. I'm a food lover, but Mama Melrose is so mediocre Italian to me, I don't think it's worth dumping the characters for. For us, we can have an experience like Mama Melrose at home. We can't get Minnie to come to our table.

Just my opinion (not that it matters). I'm not trying to make your decision harder. Just sharing!
That is my EXACT opinion...I thought Mama Melrose was absolutely PATHETIC. I mean it's not Italian food. If you've been to Italy and love Italian food ....sorry I just can't like any part of Mama Melrose.
Sure this place doesn't look the best food. But add the characters I really want to see without queuing and it really looks just fine to me.
To add Mickey and Minnie to my wedding for 30 mins costs well over $1600....so for ME....this is a happy compromise thanks...
I'm looking forward to this next month. Expecting a lot from the food...no...going for the experience....yes...

How much time would you allow for this dinner? We have reservations this spring at 6:45 (fantasmic @ 8:30) I don't want to feel rushed through characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter