Minnie's Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well time for conspiracy theories.

While the dining event hasn't opened up yet, why do you think that they haven't opened up anything after the holidays?

You can look all the way until 1-29 (180 days) and it is only breakfast and lunch

Do you think that this means that they will leave it as a Minnie dinner or another character? Something to help keep HS attendance up during the revamping?

Do you think that this means that they will leave it as a Minnie dinner or another character? Something to help keep HS attendance up during the revamping?
Not sure but they need to do something. It seems every day you are hearing about something going away. This will be a half day park until all of the new attractions open. The anticipated Minnie's Holiday dinner is the best advertising they have right now and they didn't have to do a thing yet.

I know we had only planned a half day morning originally but with the dinner I am adding an evening. If enough families are doing the same and they can keep it up.

Not sure but they need to do something. It seems every day you are hearing about something going away. This will be a half day park until all of the new attractions open. The anticipated Minnie's Holiday dinner is the best advertising they have right now and they didn't have to do a thing yet.

I know we had only planned a half day morning originally but with the dinner I am adding an evening. If enough families are doing the same and they can keep it up.
I left it at a full day park because of TSM, ST, Osbourne Lights, RNRC, TOT, etc.

This will be our first trip. Since we have no standard to compare HS to - I budgeted an entire day.

We're doing a lot (4) of DHS afternoons in Aug b/c we're at BC.

When we were at POR in March we did 2 full days, but we always do a 4-5 hour break & don't normally have PHs.

In Dec we have 3 DHS afternoons (had to buy PHs & we really just don't like EP which limits our choices).

We like DHS, but so sad we saved Animation Academy to try in Aug :sad:.

Hollywood studios was always nice for me, but my family never considered it a full day park.

But now with almost everything closed we're not even going this time. Unless we get this dinner of course. Then we will probably stay for an hour or so...

They just let Hollywood studios fall by the wayside. Hopefully the announcements will be great.

Well time for conspiracy theories.

While the dining event hasn't opened up yet, why do you think that they haven't opened up anything after the holidays?

You can look all the way until 1-29 (180 days) and it is only breakfast and lunch

I was wondering about that myself. Before I heard about the Minnie Holiday dinner I thought maybe the rumors were true of a Star Wars character meal all year instead of just during SWW. I will be curious to see what happens after the holidays.

I agree with the hurry up and open. My thought is next Sunday is 90 days until the first available day....so maybe that is what they are waiting on?
I sure hope you're wrong. We leave Friday for our cottage for a week where we have no internet or cell reception! Hope it happens sometime this week! Otherwise I'll be driving to town twice a day (at least) to check lol!

I hope it's before next weekend also, we leave on Saturday evening and will be in the car Sunday morning driving the rest of the way to Myrtle Beach, once I'm at Myrtle Beach then I'll be able to check regularly, but it'll be easier for me if it's all booked before we leave.

It's my favorite park and I definitely don't consider it a half day park. We actually plan to do a couple of days there. It's one of the few parks that I don't get annoyed with or sick of riding the same rides over and over. Don't get me wrong, I feel that it needs some revamping and I can't wait for more Star Wars and Pixar but DHS holds my favorites rides Star Tours, ToT, Rockin Roller Coaster(can't remember the abbreviation), TSMM. I do love that people feel it's a half day park and it doesn't seem as crowded as it could be and I know it will be in the future. I do enjoy the parks for different reasons and there's always a way to have fun for a whole day no matter what park you are in.

I was told by Mid -august about 2 weeks ago. The CM said it would be after the F&W events were released. Also, when I asked about price or credits, told that it was not official but to expect similar to SWW meals in terms of price and credits. Which was around $60 and 2 , I think. This was not thru the dining phone #. I am hoping its this coming week not the week after. Tired of checking!

I always look here, not the blog. Disers always have the best info!

Is this going to be your standard Hollywood and Vine buffet with Christmas Disney characters? If so, $60 per person or 2 TS credits seems like a poor value. Or are they changing the food offerings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter