Minnie Van to MK

I received the pop up about two weeks ago also for a YC stay starting October 16. I also didn't have the Lyft app yet until I downloaded it that day.

Interesting. We check in to BWI next Friday and I haven't had that option yet.
We have the Lyft app already. Did you? I wonder how it works if you already use Lyft

I didn't have the Lyft app and have never used Lyft. Maybe it will pop up for you when you arrive.

I didn't get the message on MDE app until the morning we arrived at Boardwalk to check in.
Did you already have and use Lyft? Do far the other two who don't check in till October but got notice about it didn't have to app already
Though MDE app would have no means of knowing I already use Lyft app so I'm sure that has nothing to do with it

Did you already have and use Lyft? Do far the other two who don't check in till October but got notice about it didn't have to app already
Though MDE app would have no means of knowing I already use Lyft app so I'm sure that has nothing to do with it
I didn't have the Lyft app prior to arriving. I don't think having or not having the Lyft app prior would make a difference. If you already have the Lyft app and are staying at one of the participating resorts, you should see the "Minnie Van Service" option. Once you select that, you'll see all of the little Minnie Vans on your screen if they are in your area.

I didn't have the Lyft app prior to arriving. I don't think having or not having the Lyft app prior would make a difference. If you already have the Lyft app and are staying at one of the participating resorts, you should see the "Minnie Van Service" option. Once you select that, you'll see all of the little Minnie Vans on your screen if they are in your area.
Yeah, I get that. It's the notice that MDE is giving to some and not others that is puzzling. No big deal, just puzzling. You'd thing it would be tagged to notify anyone with a resort reservation at one of the 3 (now 4) resorts. But it's not

We received a cute promo card with a pop-out Minnie Van inviting us to use Lyft during our stay at BWV in the fall. Nothing on MDE yet but the card said it is only available at certain resorts and drops off directly in parks. I plan on using it from BWV to MK for Keys tour and from AK to Springs.

We received a cute promo card with a pop-out Minnie Van inviting us to use Lyft during our stay at BWV in the fall. Nothing on MDE yet but the card said it is only available at certain resorts and drops off directly in parks. I plan on using it from BWV to MK for Keys tour and from AK to Springs.
The flyer says that? Any chance you can photograph it?
That is incorrect or misleading at best.
Unless there's been a major unannounced change

We used Minnie van at our recent BC stay. Dropped us off and picked us up at Disney bus area for MK and at taxi drop off for AK. Used it for Park to park and resort to resort and park to DS. Received $5 off our trips. No issues at all with availability or speed. Excellent in fact

Using the Lyft app saved Disney from having to develop an app of their own until they know what direction this will go.

So if the MV is a big success and goes wide, could it still eventually become part of MDE and more importantly be paid by scanning your Magic Band? (I know the answer is still "who knows?" I'm just inviting speculation.)

A test with 42 plus vehicles? That doesn't sound like a test to me. I know we had vehicle 42 so I'm assuming there are probably more than that. I can't imagine they aren't planning this as a long term thing at this point. I would agree with the less passengers thing. I just don't see it super viable if they can't compete with lyft/uber at the 10 dollar price point with vehicles that can take 4 people. Not everyone needs a car seat or space for 6.

We used the Minnie Van service a lot during our trip 8/2-8/11. We stayed at the Boardwalk and never had any issues with availability. We spoke to all of the drivers and they all shared pretty consistent information. It's currently in a test phase. Disney has to make sure there is a need and financial gain. If they determine there is, all drivers said they will increase drivers, vehicles and pick up locations. They even mentioned using more economical vehicles and ones that carry less and more passengers. Using the Lyft app saved Disney from having to develop an app of their own until they know what direction this will go. We loved using it, especially on our waterpark days.

IMG_8238.JPG
The flyer says that? Any chance you can photograph it?
That is incorrect or misleading at best.
Unless there's been a major unannounced change

Here is the pop-out Minnie Van. I tossed the flyer. What is misleading? It seems pretty straight forward that it's only available at some resorts as of now. The vans take you to the park - as in not parking lot of MK but bus lot. They go all to other parks, resorts, and DS and drop of directly at entrance.

View attachment 264098

Here is the pop-out Minnie Van. I tossed the flyer. What is misleading? It seems pretty straight forward that it's only available at some resorts as of now. The vans take you to the park - as in not parking lot of MK but bus lot. They go all to other parks, resorts, and DS and drop of directly at entrance.
You stated this
It does not drop off directly IN parks.
That is incorrect.
It drops you off outside the parks
Not IN the parks

Right now, Minnie Vans are available to guests staying at Boardwalk, Yacht Club and Beach Club. I believe I read Wilderness Lodge may have been added this week. Not sure what Bell Services does but ask when you arrive and they'll do it, if you are a guest of one of the participating resorts. No one knows when it will expand to include other resorts.

Do not know if the coupon codes are valid on Minnie Van rides or not. I would be prepared to learn they are not. These are sort of operating as a 3rd party through Lyft so it wouldn't surprise me if they are not valid. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did work too.
I used a code for $15 off Minnie Van service. Maybe got lucky (so ymmv)?

Last edited:
You stated this

It does not drop off directly IN parks.
That is incorrect.
It drops you off outside the parks
Not IN the parks

Hmmm... ok then. Sorry to have mislead you. You do not get dropped off at FOP.

Used it 10 times this past week. At MK its gate 11 where the buses are for drop off and pick up. And you have to have bell services link it at BC, YC, Boardwalk, Wilderness and now AKL and be staying there or have stayed there then it will show up in your lyft app.

Used it 10 times this past week. At MK its gate 11 where the buses are for drop off and pick up. And you have to have bell services link it at BC, YC, Boardwalk, Wilderness and now AKL and be staying there or have stayed there then it will show up in your lyft app.

How many were in your party? It's not the same as the express bus (which I would have preferred) but just curious cost wise.

Sorry, I was not trying to say that you did indicate that. Nor was I misled. I never did believe that the Minnie Van dropped you off at FoP (not sure where that even came from)
I must have done a very bad job at asking my question.
I thought I had specifically asked if the flyer that Disney sent you read that it dropped off inside the park because if it did then their flyer was wrong.
At no point did I mean to indicate you were saying anything about the service.
I was attempting to ascertain what Disney was advertising specifically. That's all. Sorry if you took it that I was saying anything otherwise. I really was not, I assure you.

I used a code for $15 off Minnie Van service. Maybe got lucky (so ymmv)?
That's great. I was wondering. Sounds like they do have it set for codes to work, I figured it could go either way

AngiTN was very likely trying to understand about how the service is being marketed.

Disney HAD (going away soon) a service (buses) that DOES pick up and drop off INSIDE the parks.
And, that is/was specially marketed and up-charged as separate and distinct from the regular bus service that operates at the park gates.

So... If the info Disney offered regarding MinnieVans uses the verbiage of "in the parks"
that would be significant.

We are all just trying to keep things straight, and any info can help do that.

I was hoping the service would be expanded to other resorts by the end October. I thought they were already in the "testing" phase..

How many were in your party? It's not the same as the express bus (which I would have preferred) but just curious cost wise.
4 of us. Flat rate of 20 not per person just per car. It fits 6 and kids under 6 need car seats which they have two in the trunk to put in for you if needed. So yes a bit pricey but the cars were pristine and the drivers are CM's not randoms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter