Minivan Rental in Jan from MCO...

kazmommax3

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

It's been about almost 2 years (I can't believe it!!) since we were in FL last to visit our fav pal MM!! I've begun our plans for a trip in late Jan. '10 and was shocked today to see the unreal prices of minivans from MCO for 9 days. I know we don't HAVE to have it but we have found it so helpful in the past with the kids. I know I have shopped around in the past and gotten some great deals but they are currently pricing around $800+. :eek:

I thought this was supposed to be a relatively quieter time... is there something that I'm missing!?!? THANKS ALL!!! :wave2:

Check priceline. I saw a minivan on there for our dates (october) for like $29/day. It won't come up on the first screen, but it'll say something like "show more" or "show all offers". That's where I found it, might be worth a look. :thumbsup2

Gosh, I will rent my minivan to you for half of that! LOL! J/K :rotfl2: I agree, check Priceline, or you can also check Hotwire. :thumbsup2

Priceline! I have always gotten my best car rental deals through them. I have never had a regular code beat their price ever.

Go to mousesavers and look at their car rental page that has rental codes on it. We just rented a minivan for 7 days in October for around $300 with all taxes and fees (about $75 of that is taxes and fees) with the code for Thrifty Car Rental using the Orlando Magiccard. You can print out the magiccard for free online. I think that is about half off the next lowest that we found.
We personally didn't have any luck with getting a minivan on priceline, every offer we put in was rejected, and then we found this code which worked out great.
Also, I agree that it is worth every bit of the money to have a car at Disney with kids.

Thanks for the tips!! I'll keep hunting!! Mousesavers has always proven to be a great help and full of savings for us, especially with minivan rentals in the past. I'll check out priceline and see... I've only ever used priceline for hotels, never a car.

With priceline, will they select only from companies at the airport or will they do the surrounding area as well!?!? I believe hotwire only does locations on property so to speak. I need to check that out too... I definitely have some time!!

THANK YOU again!!!!! :)

Try thrifty using the orlando magicard discount (004M001010). It saved us $400. We have a 7 day rental for $400, it is the best deal I could find.

We're going in November and I got a rate of $227 + takes (so around $300 total) through Dollar. I used code Kiss2, which is for Florida.

HTH!

Just keep looking everyday, I find it changes day to day. I first look at prices on Orbitz just so I can get an overview if anyone is looking promising. Then I look at Mousesavers for any codes for that company and my Entertainment Coupon book.

If you finally book something, keep looking! People were reporting early in the month good deals for late Spet (I think Alamo).

With priceline, will they select only from companies at the airport or will they do the surrounding area as well!?!? I believe hotwire only does locations on property so to speak. I need to check that out too... I definitely have some time!!

THANK YOU again!!!!! :)

There was just an article that all the big car rental companies are going to be on airport property. I think there are 2 more that need to move (Hertz and I can't remember who else). Moves should be complete by Spring 2010.

There was just an article that all the big car rental companies are going to be on airport property. I think there are 2 more that need to move (Hertz and I can't remember who else). Moves should be complete by Spring 2010.

THANK YOU!!! And I too still call it the Wedway People Mover!!! Just did last week!!!

Go Sox!!! ;)

Try thrifty using the orlando magicard discount (004M001010). It saved us $400. We have a 7 day rental for $400, it is the best deal I could find.

Thrifty is currently coming out the best right now with that code... total is $562. Better by about $250-300 than all the others right now. I'll keep my eye on it... THANK YOU!!!

wondering the same question......maybe too early too look yet?

We got the best minivan deal by stacking codes at National. If you google search "national car rental codes" you will find a bunch and they let you stack codes. We got a large minivan(they have 2 sizes of them) for $200 for 10 days. *that was last year. But really I was getting quotes similar to what you are seeing when I was just looking myself.

The codes worked!

We got the best minivan deal by stacking codes at National. If you google search "national car rental codes" you will find a bunch and they let you stack codes. We got a large minivan(they have 2 sizes of them) for $200 for 10 days. *that was last year. But really I was getting quotes similar to what you are seeing when I was just looking myself.

The codes worked!

I'll definitely try that... I was usuing the codes I found on mousesavers but will try googling too. Thanks for the tip!!

We are finding high prices in early December for car rentals, let alone minivans. We rented a minivan for the first time in May 09 and loved it. We drive a minivan at home so I talked my hubby into renting one instead of a car and it worked out so much better than a car for our toddlers. I'm hoping it is still too early and Alamo will offer the deal of $249.00 a week like I got in May but I'm not holding my breath. At least we are going at a cooler time of year. The main reason I wanted the minivan in May was it was hot and the minivans have the direct vent air conditioners over the back seats, which won't be such a necessity in winter. A car would be more crowded but I can't see spending over $400.00 for a vehicle rental unless you can't fit all of your party into a 5 seater car. You can keep looking and use discount codes - you should never pay full price!

Hi, rented a dodge grand caravan at Dollar Sept 29-Oct 6 (8 full days) for $177 base plus tax. I had originally used code KISSE and got base $227. But then I clicked on the Hot Deals and they gave me $177!!! I checked every day for cheaper rates. As the week got closer the rates dropped. Dollar was by far the cheapest out of all the onsite airport rentals.

Good luck and have a great time in January!!

Jamie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter