Minimum Purchase to Start

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by mickeysgang, Feb 17, 2013.

1. mickeysgang

mickeysgang Earning My Ears

We used to have a contract for 350 pts at BWV but sold them a while back thru TTS because DH lost job & sons going into HS. Well DH & I want to slowly get back into the DVC world. We love Disney. On a resale what is the smallest contract we can purchase to start again?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

Smallest add-on DVC allows is 25 points, so that's the smallest contract you will see available on the resale market.

4. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

You can purchase any size contract that appears on the resale market. As far as direct purchases, there have been varying reports on the minimum initial purchase either 50 or 100 points.

But I would urge you to explore the resale market, which could save you around half when compared to direct prices. Was there a particular reason you were going to buy directly from Disney?

5. erikawolf2004

erikawolf2004 DIS Veteran

We bought a 80 point contract at the Beach Club, but they would have let us buy 50.

Erika

6. kenspidey

kenspidey Mouseketeer

Erika - when was that? I was told that you had to buy 100.

7. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Try telling your DVC salesperson that they can either sell you 80 points or you'll look for it on the resale market and see how quickly they change their tune.

8. candiemonster

candiemonster Earning My Ears

I was able to purchase my first contract direct for Aulani for just 50 points. Then added more 3 weeks later to avail of add-on price & discount.