Minimum credit required at check-in

dreamseeker9

DIS Veteran
I just did online check-in for my stay at CSR in 3 weeks. :cool1: I noticed in the fine print that resorts require a minimum of $500-1500 of credit upon check-in. Does the amount depend on the resort classification (value, moderate, deluxe)?

Also, I'm doing a split stay later this year - starting at POR and then going to YC, so I'm curious if the requirements are different between a moderate and a deluxe, and if I would be able to put down 2 different credit cards for each reservation when I check in at each resort.

Value = $500 charging limit.
Moderate = $1000 charging limit
Deluxe/DVC = $1500 charging limit

This only applies if you plan to do onsite charging for goods/services to your room.

I think it is one credit card on file at a time, but you can close out the charge and then put down a different one if you like.
And once you actually check-in at the resort, you can remove the ability to room charge completely if you like.

The charging limit doesn't refer to a 'pending charge' or hold when you check in on your credit (or debit) card. It refers to the amount of purchases you can make before your credit card will be charged

If you place a credit card, 'on file' when you check in, you can charge items to your 'room'.
The credit limit is the amount you are allowed to 'charge' to you room, before they actually charge your card for those purchases.

The values have the smallest limit ($500).
You can go to the check in area at any time and pay off the room charges using cash, gift cards, another credit card, or actually ask them to go ahead and 'charge' the card on file, giving you the ability to 'charge' another $500 to your room.

In our family, we put 1 credit card on file, and then our teen/adult children can charge to the room, and then later that same day, take their own credit card to the front desk to pay off the charges, eliminating the need to carry additional cards around.

I have had issues in the past tho, (mostly at the values) where we are out late in the parks (returning to the hotel after 11 p.m.), and the kids going the next morning to pay off their charges, only to find that the credit card on file has already been charged. (Even tho the total is less than $350,--the explanation I received...was they did that as a 'courtesy', so that the next day, I would have the full $500 available to charge again.) This has happened to us several times, at different value resorts.

never had that issue at the mods or deluxes, but then again, we have never charged more than $400 a day to our room.

Thank you, that's very helpful. It will factor more into my later trip this year, since I'm doing a solo trip in 3 weeks and doubt I'll charge close to $500 for the 5 days I'm there. September will be a different story, going with friends and having an expensive birthday dinner out, all will probably be charged to the room. But I also plan to have gift cards, so I'll be sure to have those applied at least 24 hours before I check out so they're credited toward room charges.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter