Miniature Golf

boyy

Earning My Ears
Which is better--Fantasia or Winter Summerland? I know the latter has free parking. What about Fantasia?

Or are there courses outside of Disney (gasp) that are better?

Thanks!

We have played both and both are fun and have their own uniqueness. :)
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We played at both. DH likes Fantasia more feeling it is harder. Winter Summerland is actually 2 courses, winter and summer. You have to pay separately to play each.

I think they are both fun.

We went to Fantasia a couple of years ago, and I was not impressed. We did the typical mini-golf, and not the "miniature golf" side. My dad has a time share in Kissemme, and we have done a couple fo the mini-golf courses out that way. They were nice - no different than what you might find at home, though.

WinterSummerland are two courses--both fairly typical "at home" type--as far as difficulty is concerned. Fantasia Gardens is a bit more difficult with several holes where you need to hit the ball "up" a ramp, etc. IT does have it's own large parking lot. Right next to it is Fantasia Fairways--not exactly miniature golf in the traditional sense, as each hole is actually a mini-fairway. A lot harder than pure mini golf, but still fun.
Pirates Cove is another alternate spot. It's just down where the CrossRoads of the World Shopping center is located. It's real close to Disney property, so we play it as tho it was Disney. There are 2 courses there, one easy, the other a bit harder.

Which one would be the best if I want to introduce my 4-year-old to miniature golf. We are staying at the Yacht Club and know that Fantasia is closer but...the easier the better for him (and probably others waiting too).

I thought Fantasia gardens had two courses as well, one easy and one not so easy. I have no personal experience with any, but like the above poster, have a young child I'd like to introduce to miniature golf.

Our family has played a lot a miniature golf at WDW and have found the Fantasia Gardens course to be very difficult for small children. Many of the holes have steep uphill inclines and we have seen many kids (and parents) very frustrated because they can't even "get off the tee". Long lines usually develop because of these difficult holes. Winter Summerland is easier and not so frustrating for the little ones.

We have done both. Fantasia is fantastical but winterland has a christmassy theme so makes it fun for kids. Having said that we did pirates cove last time and throroughly enjoyed it, there was a great theme and sense of fun. I think little ones would like the winterland one because of xmas.

Thank you for your suggestions. I am thinking Winter Summerland may be less crowded because Blizzard Beach is closed down in November. Hope that isn't also... I looked at the pics and think it looks really cute.

Agree that Winter/Summerland are much more "kid friendly" than Fantasia Gardens. The "easy" course at Pirates Cove is also fairly kid friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter