• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

miniature desserts for Thanksgiving

renae3

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! I need some ideas for miniature desserts to bring on Thanksgiving. I thought mini desserts would be fun for a change! Please let me know what you have done and liked! Thanks so much!

How about mini cream puffs?

I also make mini lemon high hats. Use a lemon cake mix and small muffin/cupcake pan (what are they - inch and a half?). Once baked and cooled, I cut a small hole from the top and fill with lemon pudding/pie filling (Royal brand cook and serve, not instant). Then I put the tops back on and dust with powdered sugar. I'm sure they taste better from scratch, but my cheater's way works out well, too.

I usually serve them on a tray with mini cheesecakes. I use a crushed vanilla wafer in the bottom of the mini muffin cup to serve as the crust, then pour cheesecake filling over the cookie and bake. Once cooled, I top with a cherry (from a can of pie filling).

I didn't realize what a cheater I am! Anyhow, the tray looks very pretty, and I always get compliments.

I got this from another DIS post awhile ago, but I didn't record the post or OP, so I can't give proper credit. But so good!

Cheesecake Filled Strawberries

Filling
1 package cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Blend with mixer until whipped. Put into baggie (clip off corner) and pipe into strawberries that have the tops cut off and center hollowed out (use small sharp knife).

Roll tops into graham cracker crumbs. Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.

I made some mini desserts for my girls' Thanksgiving feasts for school. I did:
- mini pumpkin pies- (used the already made pie crust, rolled it a little thinner, used a small cup to cut circles and put them in the mini muffin pans, don't let crusts touch. brush with egg whites, fill with pumpkin pie mix. They were delish, and perfect bite size with a spray of reddiwhip!)
- mini chocolate pumpkin muffins- one girl in my oldest's class can't have eggs, so I took a box od devils food chocolate cake mix, added one small can of 100% pumpkin and about 1/4 cup of unsweetned applesauce, and poured into mini muffin pans. Pretty yummy and low fat!

Have fun!

I have made cheesecakes regular, pumpkin, and chocolate arranged on a tray. You could do brownies cookies and as mentioned above cream puffs or cake balls. I have made mini pumpkin pies with a ginger snap cookie on the bottom.

Mini triffles in a cup. Cut brownies or chocolate cakes into bite size pieces arrange on bottom of a clear cup. Top with choc, vanilla, or whatever flavor pudding you would like, Top that with toffee bits chocolate chips, and finally cool whip or whip topping. Garnish with brownie/cake crumbs or a pirouette cookie. Another fave is vanilla cake, topped with strawberries, vanilla pudding and whipped topping. A big hit with the kids are dirt pudding cups. The possibilites are endless with cake, pudding and topping flavors. These are always a big hit and very easy.

Hi Everyone! I need some ideas for miniature desserts to bring on Thanksgiving. I thought mini desserts would be fun for a change! Please let me know what you have done and liked! Thanks so much!

I love mini desserts!

Take a look at this site for some great ideas: dianasdesserts.com

Look under miniature desserts

Pineapple Upside-Down Cupcakes - same recipe as on the box, but baked in well-greased cupcake pans.

I've also made mini pumpkin pies using small tart pans, but the filling came out too dry and the crust too crunchy. I think jmac323's idea of using mini muffin pans would be better. The tart pans were too shallow, imo.

However, I had great success with baking the remaining custard filling in custard cups and serving like pudding. A dollop of whipped cream on top, some little chocolate cookie crumbs, and yum.

Oreo truffles are wonderful.

pkg oreos crushed
1 pkg cream cheese
chocolate chips, disks or almond bark

Make into 1 inch balls. Stick in fridge to harden. Melt chocolate and dip oreo balls. Lay on wax paper to dry.

We make white chocolate drizzled with chocolate and vice versa. These are super easy and yummy! You could also use colored white chocolate for the holidays!

I make mini brownies a lot and they are so easy and everyone just raves all the time about them. Take a box of brownies and mix according to the package. You will then use a mini cupcake pan and spray with non stick cooking spray. Fill each cup up and bake 5-10 minutes less than the packages says. Let them stand for about couple minutes. Then your going to press the middle of the brownies with the back side of a mixing spoon or anything that is round. You will have a hole in the middle of the brownie. Take them out of the pan and let cool completely. After they cool you can add a variety of toppings in the hole. I have done chocolate frosting, cool whip (added right before you eat them) chocolate pudding and anything you can think of that sounds good. I use my piping tip to put in the topping. I then usually add sprinkles in the colors of the holiday. Very simple and people love them

I got this recipe from landolakes.com

*Except I made them better and made them into an adult dessert by adding 3 ounces of Bailey's Irish Cream Liqueur. I added this after beating the cream cheese with the melted white chocolate~oh my gosh...so good!!! *

Crust
1 1/2 cups (24) crushed creme-filled chocolate cookies
3 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted

Filling
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
12 ounces white chocolate, melted, cooled

Directions
Combine cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons crumb mixture. Divide remaining crumb mixture evenly among 24 mini muffin cups lined with paper or foil cups. Press crumb mixture evenly onto bottom of each cup.

Beat cream cheese in small bowl at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add melted white chocolate; continue beating until well mixed.

Pipe filling, using pastry bag fitted with star tip, evenly over crust into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Freeze until firm (at least 1 1/2 hours). Store in freezer.

Recipe Tip: To melt white chocolate, place in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70% power) 1 minute; stir. Continue microwaving at 10 second intervals and stirring just until chocolate is melted.

I make mini brownies a lot and they are so easy and everyone just raves all the time about them. Take a box of brownies and mix according to the package. You will then use a mini cupcake pan and spray with non stick cooking spray. Fill each cup up and bake 5-10 minutes less than the packages says. Let them stand for about couple minutes. Then your going to press the middle of the brownies with the back side of a mixing spoon or anything that is round. You will have a hole in the middle of the brownie. Take them out of the pan and let cool completely. After they cool you can add a variety of toppings in the hole. I have done chocolate frosting, cool whip (added right before you eat them) chocolate pudding and anything you can think of that sounds good. I use my piping tip to put in the topping. I then usually add sprinkles in the colors of the holiday. Very simple and people love them
I made miniature brownies tonight, and they were a HUGE hit with my family:

I made brownies from a mix, spooned them into a (well sprayed) mini muffin pan, and inserted a mini-Reese's cup or a Rolo candy into each one. Since the brownie mix is thicker than a cake mix, the candy stayed at the top /did not sink down. WOW, did my family rave about them.

I personally liked the Rolos best (I'm not so crazy about Reese's cups myself), but everyone else preferred the peanut butter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter