Mini Van VCR player rentals?

lab01

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if/where I can rent a VCR player for my Dodge Caravan? I would love to have one for our upcoming drive with three kids....

Thanks!

Hi- there is a website I have rented a tv/vcr from:

survivethedrive.com

They sell them but also rent them. It was $265/week. But it's worth so much more for your sanity !
:crazy:

Hope this helps.

Naomi

I think that we bought ours for about $200-$250... a combo TV/VCR. Friends and neighbors always come by to borrow it for long trips... it can be VERY helpful!!

:p :p :p

We bought ours at Sam's Club for $200.00. We use it constantly. I would recommend buying before renting!

THANKS EVERYONE! I checked out survivethedrive.com. What an awsome website! They have vcr rentals available now for $99/ten day rental, plus free shipping. (You pay 14.95 for return shipping). I am so excited! Thank you!

We bought a Sylvania TV/VCR combo w/ the plug for the car. 300$ (i think) it sits in my kitchen...so I DON'T have to watch Barney during the day :p It has gotten us thru two trips to WDW, we live in Mass so its a two day trip each way and one trip to Virginia Beach, not to mention many white mountain trips and my daughter is 3. Best investment we ever made!!

It is so worth it! I don't know what we would have done with our DS when he was 5 and we went to Houston without the VCR. He watched The Lion King over and over and over and over! Its really wonderful for everyone but the driver of course.

A funny aspect is my DH and I rented Independence Day on a trip with my parents to Washington D. C.....Take it from me Independence Day is NOT a movie you want to watch on your way to D. C....LOL!!

I bought a 9 in. tv/vcr with car adapter for 169.00. Now it sits now in our DD's room but we make the 14 hr drive to detriot this summer

We also have a 9 inch TV/VCR that we purchased for our van. We use it anytime we take a trip of an hour or more. I have plug-in headphones so the grownups don't have to hear it all. An added plus is that we take it in where ever we are (even at a relative's house) and the kids can always watch tapes in a bedroom when they get bored on visits.

There is also a new thing - called Tv in a Bag, I believe - that was on sale recently here at the Circuit City stores. It has a nice lcd screen and is in a contraption that hangs between the front 2 seats in a minvan or SUV. That way, the TV is not on the floor and the speakers are not coming out the back near mom and dad who are driving.

Our friends were showing it to us and it was really neat. Our minivan has the built in vcr and screen now, but this woulda been a great deal - much safer than a big 9" tv sitting in the car. We used to do that, too, but I was always worried about safety - just thought the thing would go flying in a wreck - even though we had it bungee corded in!

The tv/vcr thing in the car is really a lifesaver though! Makes trips much easier!

:smooth: :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter